Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: uproarious antics in the gym!

Baywatch? Pfft.

Old reruns of the Andy Griffith Show do wreak a little havoc with the scheduling though.
    You can't babysit this.

Originally posted by carolinagirl

Bradley: if the Yankees only knew what we say about their horrible-sounding accents when they're not around they'd hush their mouths about ours.... But see, we're too polite to say rude stuff like that where they can hear us. Our mommas raise us right down here.
    and if you must say something horrible, if you just throw a "bless her/his heart" at the end, then it's okay.

and girl i think the only fabulous thing i was doign last ngiht was training my butt off. (literally)
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    At least they got rid of Hee Haw.
    Thank goodness for the Grand Ole Opry though

*heads for the hills*

Did somebody say Hee Haw?
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Originally posted by Tryska
    ....training my butt off. (literally)
    your butt. my boobs. what's next?

I just did sprints for the first time. They hate me. I could only do 4 before I died.

(I got better.)

Next time I'm going for 5! Hoo-boy!
    You can't babysit this.

Do that voodoo that he do
    Sprints!

There's no need for this hully-gully distance running stuff when one could be sprinting!

Are they gonna make my legs bigger? I'm not sure how I would feel about that.
    You can't babysit this.

so how do you do your sprints? like out in the real live world, or in doors on a track or on a treadmill or what?

Larger than distance running, but I seriously doubt they'll get large to the point of looking bad. Unless you're taking some very, very special vitamins and lifting hard as well.

Muscular legs = Good stuff.

Sprints make legs bigger?

*eagerly runs to do sprints*

carolinagirl, I don't think you have too much to worry about if you are a size 6 already and dropping.

You cardio freak you

Oh, by the way...Clemson managed to do it again. We are in the play-in game again for the ACC basketball tournament. Hopefully Larry Shyatt has 2 more games left and then we will hire a coach and start playing basketball at Clemson again haha.
    peace-

Craig

Baywatch? Pfft.

Old reruns of the Andy Griffith Show do wreak a little havoc with the scheduling though.
    Oh hell yes! Good ole Gomer. I'd watch that show everyday after school. Still do when its on.

And what's this about sprinting making your legs bigger? I sprinted for years (pole vault, 110m hurdles, 200m and 300m hurdles) and my legs are still sticks.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Originally posted by Callahan

If only TNN didn't keep broadcasting wrestling and episodes of Baywatch and interrupting all your planning meetings, eh?

BWAHAHAHA!!!

Go Terps!

(I think I'm technically from the south)
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

how about uga's "issues" huh?

Here's a little shout out for UNC... just for you BB... lol

I think sprints will be a good way to aid in the loss of bodyfat... go for it Cgirl!!!
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Tryska: outside, baby. I hate the wussy machines. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy. I go flying by in one direction looking like all the demons of hell are at my heels, then go ambling back by in the other direction - then fly by again. It'll be really funny when I get up to 10 intervals!! (And UGA always sucks in everything but football.)

Borris: yeah, but I'm already pretty muscular. As long as I lose some of the fat-size I don't mind putting on a little muscle size - but I don't want to look like those speed skaters in the Olympics. (Because, you know, doing intervals twice a week is probably exactly how they got that way.... ) I'm just being stupid and girly. Never mind.

Craig: sweet. I'm going over to watch the tourney on Friday with a bunch of friends. It'll be good to see ole Clemson. Yeah, didn't y'all used to have a basketball team? (See, I can say that, because UNC sucks right now too.)

HY: I'm over my temporary leg-size phobia now. I was just being a paranoid girl for a minute. I just worry sometimes that I'm going to get really big and start looking like a guy without realizing it (because the changes are so slow, and because your 'eye' for what looks good changes too - I don't want to get to the point where I look as freaky big to regular people as Nicole Bass does to me.) It's kind of irrational, I know. I don't know if any of the other girls on here struggle with this. (I put on muscle fairly easily.) Yadda yadda yadda. I'm done whining now. Damn - I'll think up any excuse to get out of cardio, huh?

Paul: hey, always glad to have a new text-face popping up in the journal. (See, us southerners are hospitable, too!) I actually like all the teams in the ACC (except Florida) and pull for any of them once UNC is out. Yes, even Duke.

Workhorse: yep, I'm going to get down to 16% if it kills me - and sprints sound like the shizzit for getting there. (And have I told you how glad I am that there's another Carolina fan around here? Go Heels!)

Pup: Right back at you, sugar!
    You can't babysit this.

Legs good. Death bad.

Sprinting will make one look very good, I'm sure only a slight improvement in your case.

The thing I like to tell people that are worried about getting "too big" is this: You never wake up one day and say "Holy SH!T! I'm huge!". If you're too concerned, take frequent measurements and adjust.

Originally posted by Borris
    Sprinting will make one look very good, I'm sure only a slight improvement in your case.
    Awww, you sweet thing, you. I know I'm not going to 'wake up huge' - I'm just worried that I'm going to think I look fabulous and the rest of the (non-lifting) world will mistake me for a lean-yet-muscular adolescent male. (My shoulders are already wider than my hips, and my boobies are on their way out with the rest of the fat .) Because the changes happen slowly enough that the eye adjusts, and because I've already changed my perception of what's 'too muscular' on a woman a lot. (I used to think that Laura Combes, from the 80's, was freakishly huge - now I think she looks great. Although I still wouldn't want to be as big as her.) Anyhow, I've deputized my lifting partners to tell me if I start looking like a man. (However, judging by the amount of avid male attention I've been getting lately, I'm probably not real close to that line yet...)

Galileo: Who knows? Death may be....very nice.

OK, did my cals for today. I am redeemed (somewhat).
    M1:10:30 am (slept late this morning. It was fabulous, too.) 1 cup oats, 5 scrambled whites, 1 whole egg
    M2:2:30 pm: 1 large apple (I had a can of tuna with me too, but I was driving, and I only have 2 hands. So I just ate the apple. Better than nothing.)
    M3:3:15 pm: 1 cup steamed cabbage, 1/2 chicken breast
    M4:5:15 pm: 8 whites/1 yolk scrambled with 1/2 cup spinach, 1/2 cup mushrooms, 1/4 cup salsa, 1.5 oz turkey breast
    M5:8:45 pm: 6 oz broiled salmon, 4 cups raw spinach, 1 tbs olive oil, 1/4 cup pecans
    M6:11:30 pm: 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese, 1 tbs flax
    Plus my usual 20 g of fish oil caps.

Breakdowns:
    1993 cals
    99 g fat (12 sat, 32 poly, 47 mono)
    102 g carbs (22 g fiber)
    175 g protein
    47% fat, 17% carbs, 37% protein

I feel much better about today's food. Back on track, baby.

Also, after the sprints, I fancied I could feel myself oxiding fat. I'm a nut.
    You can't babysit this.

I want booby comparison shots.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Galileo: Who knows? Death may be....very nice.
    It depends on if they have Detour bars whever I end up.

Wouldn't they melt?
    You can't babysit this.

You'll be fine. And I mean that in the R&B sense: "Faaiiiiiinnne"

Seriously. One of my friends (female) is quite lean (~14%) with a far better lat spread than I have. I've seen her do 18 wide grip chins, and stop because she was bored. Regardless, she has an amazing V-taper to reasonably small hips, and looks incredible. Incredible in a sexually attractive way, not just in a bodybuilding sense.

A female with a lean/powerful, but not enormous physique exudes a different kind of quality (of course, I like confident women, so... ).

She's also never seemed to be at a loss for male company, either.

I like them better melted.

Satan's gonna shove a horn up yo' ass in 'bout a minute.

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    I want booby comparison shots.
    Hold your breath.

Really. I'll have them up in a minute. Just keep holding your breath.
    You can't babysit this.