Thread: How the hell can I weigh 9 stone when I wake up then..

How the hell can I weigh 9 stone when I wake up then..

How the hell can I weigh 9 stone when I wake up then weigh 8 stone 13 3 hours later. AFTER eating, what the hell man.

BMR.

Eat more.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

I've been told this but I want to be muscley not fat and unfit.

Ok I figured out my BMR 1553.18 and X that by 1.55 (according to http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-ca...dict-equation/ using the "If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55"). It worked out that I need 2407.429 calories to maintain my current weight. I'm sure I don't eat that a day if I did I would be fat?

You are 9 stone. Are you a woman or very short? If neither, why are you worried about getting fat?

LOL i'm 5 ft 6 which is quite short, I want to be muscular so I don't look as short. I also would like to go back to boxing but don't want to be a bantemweight boxer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tryme View Post
    LOL i'm 5 ft 6 which is quite short, I want to be muscular so I don't look as short. I also would like to go back to boxing but don't want to be a bantemweight boxer lol.
    I'm 5'6" and 224 lbs. I think I weighed 126 when I was 13. You can easily gain 50 lbs and still not be fat if you pay attention to what you eat.

Banned
    You lose up to 2 pints of water in your sleep as sweat. You're not eating or drinking or eating for 8 hours...

This equals a couple of pounds so actually that weight loss sounds about right.

As for muscle gain you can do two things:
    1 - work out your maintenance calories very carefully, track all food calories, add 200 calories a day, make sure everything is quality nutrition, and aim to add about a pound a week. This is a mostly unnecessary and over-complicated task for a beginner and its so slow you'll go nowhere. You'll either give up or end up being one of those guys who goes to the gym all the time and then can't work out why they're the same weight and pressing the same bench 2yrs later. Don't be that guy.
    2 - Add a thousand calories right off the bat and add weight to the bar every single session. You'll most likely add significant muscle mass with very little fat gain. If you gain too quickly, eat less again. After a month or two, keep an eye on your belly and start cleaning things up. Then you can worry about the little stuff.

For skinny beginners, being over-cautious and over-complicated are the keys to failure.

OP, 9 months ago I weighed around 140lb. As I stand today I am 163lb and 5'9". I started lifting about 3 months ago. I am doing everything I can right now to get to 170 by the end of the month. I can tell when I am not eating because I have a very hard time adding weight to the bar.

My advise would be to set yourself a goal to reach a certain weight. You are 9 stone right now (126 lb) I would shoot for adding 10lb or maybe 14. When you reach that weight see what you look like and see where your lifts have gone. Most likely you will find yourself with as much muscle as fat and your strength will have groan quite a bit. If you are like me it is much easier to loose 10 lb then it is to gain it.
    B-230
    S-325
    D-345
    Dyslexic.

Wannabebig Member
    1. Dont weigh yourself more than once a day. It is a sure way to drive yourself mad. Your weight is going to fluctuate throughout the day. Weigh yourself once per day MAX, preferably at the same time of the day each day. You are looking for a general trend of weight gain. Some days will be higher and some days lower than the general trend, but overall long term weightgain is what you are looking for.
    It worked out that I need 2407.429 calories to maintain my current weight. I'm sure I don't eat that a day if I did I would be fat?
    My maintainance caloric intake is about 4500. If I were to eat 2407 calories I would plumit in weight. To bulk I eat over twice what your calculator says for you to eat. So short answer: No, you wont necessarily be fat. But without knowing you, noone could say for sure.

Starting to understand alot more now thanks guys. My goal has always been 135, when I reach that I will aim for 147lbs.

Wannabebig Member
    Glad to see you've gotten help =). To gain weight, milk is a great thing to add to your diet, it's cheap, too. So... drink up.

Milk, Meat, Cheese and plenty of water will have you gaining pretty clean weight. You also seem to be someone who is naturally light so if you do gain a lil extra chub from bulking, Im sure youll be able to lose it in no time.
    Goal:190lbs @ 10% bf by 2011
    Current Stats
    Height: 5'11
    Weight: 184
    TEXAS GOON HOCKEY!

I would probably add a few hundred cals per day for a couple of weeks, then add another 200 per day for a couple of weeks. Repeat this until you notice some fat on the belly and then cut back just a little.

Don't live on the scale, but weigh yourself once a week at the same time each week. It doesn't matter if you eaten, used the restroom, etc., as long as it's always the same time each week. This way, you'll see less fluctuations in your weight and get a better view of what's going on.
    Give chalk a chance.

49 years old

665 squat
    700 deadlift
    325 bench

my roomate is 5'6 and weighs 200, currently he's trying to gain weight. 5'6 and 150 is a tiny dood
    -deltoids anonomous

Banned
    Hey rbtrout - offtopic but I see you hit a 700 deadlift. Last time I looked at your sig it was 690. Well done!

how is getting more muscular going to make you look less short?

just wondering........
    PR's
    weight-200lbs
    BP-285
    SQ-333
    DL-509

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    how is getting more muscular going to make you look less short?

just wondering........
    I was kind of wondering the same thing. Maybe he meant less "small."
    _________
    ______
    ___

Off Road Journal

http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_white.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I think I look shorter because i'm slim, when I stand next to people who are around 5, 8 5,10 people notice i'm not actually THAT small.