The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you can't find anything more to criticize him on than poor public speaking skills, I guess we're ok.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Well, to me the guy is just a puppet and I must say that whoever chose him did a damn good job.

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    You seem to miss the idea.

I suppose you can speak perfectly and completely articulately off the cuff, each and every time, with millions of reporters watching you and people on the Internet ready to bust your ass over any slip.

I think you are the one who completely missed the idea. This thread was just for a laugh, not for a political debate. Loosen up buddy.

"The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Let's poke fun at your country's leader. See if there's not at least a little bit of defensiveness there.

Not everybody may like him, but he's the most powerful elected official in the United States, the country which I am a citizen of. Therefore, I won't tolerate disrespect, especially not from one of our little buddies up north. eh?
    Last edited by Alex.V; 01-31-2003 at 06:49 PM.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Originally posted by Belial
    Let's poke fun at your country's leader. See if there's not at least a little bit of defensiveness there.

Not everybody may like him, but he's the most powerful elected official in the United States, the country which I am a citizen of. Therefore, I won't tolerate disrespect, especially not from one of our little buddies up north. eh?
    Actually I think I do a really good Jean Chretien impersonation and I poke fun at our 'leader' quite often. I've never been a big fan of most politicians.

Looks like theres someone else that needs to loosen up.... eh? Oh yeah, stay away from SNL, you might not be able to 'tolerate' their disrespect.

Give me a break.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Wow. hello? this thread is a joke, political satire, you know? Every politician gets it, I'll be the first to laugh if someone posts a picture of Chretien talking out of the right side of his mouth ranting about "cancelling the helicopters!!" Daschle (a "liberal")
    has gotten it on this very board, Clinton (a "liberal") was crucified in the media for 8 years. Take a deep breath. Nobody is attacking your political views, whatever they may be, or insulting your "leader."
    Last edited by orbital; 01-31-2003 at 08:24 PM.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Its not a debate. Nor am I getting overtly upset.

I really just don't find it reasonable that all these free-minded critical thinkers are all suddenly jumping on the Bush is a Moron boat just like the media tells them to.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

On another note, I just got this in my email, thought it was appropo for this thread and kind of funny.

Disclaimer: No media organizations, conglomerates or corporations inspired the posting of this pic. It is not meant to be a political statement. This pic is not intended to challenge your views on the the middle east, the anticipated war in Iraq or the global or American domestic oil trade and the ambitions of the corporations and companies involved. I am in no way affiliated with democracymeansyou.com and have never visited their website to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited by orbital; 01-31-2003 at 09:18 PM.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Rasta, be quiet. Your false exasperation is annoying. And you're exceeding your daily limit of the rolleyes smiley.

The reason why all this crap gets tiresome is because it's the same damn thing. Every thread on Bush is either "the war-monger" or "Ooh, he talks funny". Come on people. At least TRY to be original. Or even humorous. This smarmy 8th grade mockery is a little passe.

btw, the reason none of these threads (or e-mail forwards) are about Chretien is that he has all the internation importance of Jimmy the white house janitor. Nobody gives a rat's ass. He should be lucky to get any airtime at all. Ooh! Canada is raising tariffs on foreign bacon so their stupid round sh*t won't get pushed out of the market!"

Now YOU guys lighten up. Somebody says your thread is stupid, have a sense of humor about it. Right? right.

eh.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu

bone crusher
    Ooh! Canada is raising tariffs on foreign bacon so their stupid round sh*t won't get pushed out of the market!"
    LMAO!

Rasta, be quiet. Your false exasperation is annoying. And you're exceeding your daily limit of the rolleyes smiley.

The reason why all this crap gets tiresome is because it's the same damn thing. Every thread on Bush is either "the war-monger" or "Ooh, he talks funny". Come on people. At least TRY to be original. Or even humorous. This smarmy 8th grade mockery is a little passe.

btw, the reason none of these threads (or e-mail forwards) are about Chretien is that he has all the internation importance of Jimmy the white house janitor. Nobody gives a rat's ass. He should be lucky to get any airtime at all. Ooh! Canada is raising tariffs on foreign bacon so their stupid round sh*t won't get pushed out of the market!"

Now YOU guys lighten up. Somebody says your thread is stupid, have a sense of humor about it. Right? right.

eh.
    You are tired of it and you have seen it all before. Here's my suggestion. Don't enter the thread. Easy enough right? Good.

Last edited by orbital; 02-01-2003 at 07:37 PM.

--Wordsworth

eh.

New day, new limit of rolleyes smiley.

I have no problem with YOU lightening up, but I won't tolerate you lil southerners making fun of my beloved leader. Got it?

Thats two, how many do I have left?
    Last edited by Rastaman; 02-01-2003 at 07:40 PM.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

None, you're fired!

*makes fun of mounties*

Sheesh, talk about touchy guys.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Hey! You talkin smack about my leader? Don't nobody talk smack about my leader.

oh and
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Oh ya, take this.....
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Last edited by orbital; 02-01-2003 at 09:29 PM.

--Wordsworth

touche.
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

I hate my nations leaders, I want to get a group of south americans and take over the norwegian parliament, and execute the leaders on the spot, they kill whales and wolves and bears, and there are only about 100whales left in norway, 8 wolves and 4 bears, and still they want to kill them all since theire "bad" when they take sheeps, for the sake of mother nature and the animals that has evolved many millions of years before humans came, I want a norwegian revolution.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.