The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Journal

Hybrid View

El Guapo

Journal

Been slacking for some time now. I think that by keeping a journal, this may help the process. Tomorrow I begin training day 1, and will record my lifts and weight so I can keep good records.
    This is Buffs journal, lets hope it roars like the last one.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Mystic Eric
    Dude!! Where the hell have you been??? Everything ok in life?

El Guapo
    Oh yeah, things are great.. Firefighting, going to school, and just relaxing.. I really need to get back into the gym though. Today I had an epiphany. Things need to get done, and they will.
    How you been bro?

Energizer Bunnie

Re: Journal

Originally posted by Buff
    This is Buffs journal, lets hope it roars like the last one.
    Good luck with it Buff..... I don't recall reading your last one....what are some of your goals ??
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

El Guapo
    Oh my god dude! I haven't worked legs in close to 2 years and I decided that since it's been so long legs would be my first workout posted in this journal...
    First things first I should post my weight, height and so on.

Weight:170, on the ball.
    Height:5'10"
    As for bf%.. Dude I really don't care what this is, it's of little concern at this point seeing as though my abs just rip right through my skin

Goals: I plan on gaining 20lbs of muscle in 3 months. Yesterday this goal sounded totally easy, after doing legs this evening I fear that it will be painful, but well worth it. The reason for 20lbs, is because that is where I was sitting at roughly 2 years ago, therefore I would like to achieve that first before I shoot for anything else.
    History: I've competed in 2 bodybuilding competions and won both... I lifted for 2years before I did those, so I think the reason I gave up lifting like a madman after those shows was because I felt like there wasn't much more to achieve after that. WRONG!! Buff. I'm doing this for for the love of it now. I know I enjoy it and really like to see my muscles in the mirror.

Ok, tonights lifts.. they are very low, but man I am in a state of soreness already!! Lets hope that the good old muscle memory is really a thing and not just some mumbo jumbo!

Squats 135x20 135x15 155x10 165x10
    SLDL 115x15 115x10 135x12

Not a whole lot but I nearly lost my cookies, it'll definitely progress.

Buff

Mystic Eric
    Good to see you working out again man. I'll be reading this quite often so I expect you to update this frequently.

Good to see you back buff. Now all we need is David Broadway up in here.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

El Guapo
    ok my quads hurt and so does my ass.. where the heck is the asprin. lol no I love this pain.. today I rest, I never have and never will lift the day after legs.
    All of which makes me anxious...
    At times unbearably so...

"Their is always hope dude...when you refuse to fail your only option is to succeed." - Severed Ties

El Guapo
    This is my weak back double bi. Never knew my tatoo looked so cool
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Their is always hope dude...when you refuse to fail your only option is to succeed." - Severed Ties

El Guapo
    The leg of needing more muscles!

El Guapo
    me chilling.. look at the love handles of. Soy muy gordo!

El Guapo
    Got a long ways to go until I'm back to my old self! Need to go train shoulders tonight after I eat! Peace

Buff

El Guapo
    well today I felt like I was going to die. I'm trying to follow the wannabebig workout #1 but I keep forgetting to write down the workout before I head out. any how my lifts for this evening are as follows...

Shoulder Press:135x15, 135x7, 145x7
    Lateral Raises: 30x19 (way to easy on this one) 35x11
    Front Raises:55x16, 65x12
    Tri Extensions:70x19(too light), 80x6(lol humungo difference here.
    Pushdowns:62.5x8, 50x7
    Barbell curls:60x15.. and after this I nearly died so I called it quits.

Late

Buff

Mystic Eric
    That's a mighty good shoulder press you still have man. You're still looking pretty good.

El Guapo
    BOOM SHAKALAKA!

Tonight was legs night and brothers I can't walk! Last week I was getting back into the swing of things, this week I wanted to hone in on my true lifts. See when, you're starting all over again, especially on legs, lifting low weights is incredibly tough to do. But my legs have been shocked and are back on the road to mastadon status huge!

Squat:185x12(My goal was 15 but, I got to true faliure and could not move after 12 even though it felt very light),
    205x10, 225x7

SLDL:135x15, 185x10, 185x5

Calve Hammer Press: 270x20, 320x17, 320x16 (I feel like I need to lower my reps on these and up the weight)

Few new goals I wish to accomplish in the months to come. When I gave up on legs 2 years ago, I was squating 350, and that is my ultimate goal for leg power in 5 leg sessions from now. 350x5 is what I'm shooting for. I said before I don't care how much I lift, but I forgot how good it felt to squat, like this evening. Btw I'm msuper motivated seeing bros that are huge in my gym. I look like a little girl in comparison to them, so now I'm pumped to get bigger then them!

Mystic Eric
    Originally posted by Buff
    BOOM SHAKALAKA!

Tonight was legs night and brothers I can't walk! Last week I was getting back into the swing of things, this week I wanted to hone in on my true lifts. See when, you're starting all over again, especially on legs, lifting low weights is incredibly tough to do. But my legs have been shocked and are back on the road to mastadon status huge!

Squat:185x12(My goal was 15 but, I got to true faliure and could not move after 12 even though it felt very light),
    205x10, 225x7

SLDL:135x15, 185x10, 185x5

Calve Hammer Press: 270x20, 320x17, 320x16 (I feel like I need to lower my reps on these and up the weight)

Few new goals I wish to accomplish in the months to come. When I gave up on legs 2 years ago, I was squating 350, and that is my ultimate goal for leg power in 5 leg sessions from now. 350x5 is what I'm shooting for. I said before I don't care how much I lift, but I forgot how good it felt to squat, like this evening. Btw I'm msuper motivated seeing bros that are huge in my gym. I look like a little girl in comparison to them, so now I'm pumped to get bigger then them!
    Dude a 225 squat after such a long layoff is awesome! Since we're about the same weight and stuff, and I'm dedicated again, we can compete against each other on the way to 200

El Guapo
    Werd up E.. The competition is on.

El Guapo
    This is for the 14th.

Chest day. I went with my girlfriend so I had a spot, which made this a great workout.

BB Bench: 185x10, 185x8, 195x6
    Incline DB:60x12, 65x10, 65x10
    Dips:15, 13, 17

That was it. I may be off by a rep or so on some of these because I did not have my journal with me to write the lifts down in.

Buff

El Guapo
    Back day today...

Chins: 12, 6
    BB Row:135x20, 175x10, 185x9
    Partial Deads:185x15, 225x10, 225x8
    seated cable rows:120x22, 140x10

I've gained some weight but I don't think it's how much the scale said. 179lbs!?!?! I'm thinking that was a scalular malfunction there! More like 174 or something..

Buff

El Guapo
    Shoulder, Bi, Tri

Military Press: 155x6, 145x5
    Shoulder DB: 45'sx12, 50x12, 55x5
    Laterals: 25x15, 25x15
    Narrow Grip: 115x17, 115x9
    Tri Ext.:70x14, 80x6
    BBCurl: 50x14, 80x6
    Hammers:50'sx6, 40'sx8

man I feel good.

Time for protein shake and chicken noodle stew.

Buff

Best wishes on your re-gain. Looks like muscle memory is serving you well

El Guapo
    Squats: 225x8, 245x5, 225x6
    Hacks:90x15, 140x6
    Leg Curls: 110x8, 110x7
    SLDL: 135x12, 170x10
    Claves: 270x20, 360x17, 410x16

These lifts are from last night. Man I'm so pissed about thoselifts. I think the effects of not lifting for so long are really starting to catch up with me. The reason I say this is because I hoping for 275 squat tonight. I could barely move the 245. 225 was prety friggin heavy last night. It may have been that I was working out at 4 and I usually workout at 8pm. Anyhow last night was the first time I have ever done Hacks, and man did I love the burn those things produced in my quads. Throwing in the leg curls made a big difference too, I love the burn the 2 additions give me! I'm just going to keep pounding tons of food and maybe next week I'll squat 275x5.
    Oh and I weighed myself on a different scale in my gym and it says 175, so I'm sticking with 175. 15 pounds until my 1st goal has been reached. Adios.

El Guapo
    Well bro's I love to lift. Tonight was chest night.

Here's the flava:
    BB Bench: 185x8, 190x8, 205x4.. man I feel like a pussy when I do bench presses lol
    Incline DB: 60x9, 65x6, 65x5
    Dips: 13, 20, 10

Well I have no idea on how to find gear, so I'm going to take this prohormone supp call ONE Plus by Avant, labs. A couple of the guys on this site have said it's got the stuff that will get you going, and it's legit so I'm going to try it out, plus it's only like $50 so that's nothing. Worth a try anyhow, cus I can't find gear, and I want to get a nice little boost to help bulk up bit bit faster.

Mystic Eric
    205's not too shabby man. You'll get right back up there in no time.

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    Geez bro' those are awesome weights for such a long lay off! I been out of it a little over a year and I can relate what your going through. I hate the initial soreness! My bench was never that great, I was more of a curl jockey when I started out.

Good luck!
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice