Thread: Injured Shoulder!!!

Wannabebig Member

Injured Shoulder!!!

Hi everyone
    Yesterday I crashed with my motocross-bike and caused my shoulder to pop out...! well the joint in my shoulder got messed up.
    Anyway it hurt like hell and I had to go to the hospital to set it right again. The doctor told me it would take 6-7 weeks for the joint to heal and that it would be easier for it to pop out again from now on.
    Now im worried like hell about my lifting. I've realised that I won't be lifting anything with my upper body for at least a couple of weeks. but i'm also worried for the time after that... will i be able to lift as heavy as before?? or will i have trouble with my shoulder for the rest of my life? I've heard about people who had to get surgery for these kind of injuries...
    Im scared to lose all i have worked so much for the last couple of years.
    So is there anyone else out there who had their shoulder injured in the same way??? any tips and suggestions are very welcome!
    thanks!

Welcome and sorry to hear about the injury, ive just recovered from a 2 month shoulder injury absense.

What i would say is that rest is vital, do not rush back otherwise long-term problems could become a frightening reality. Take your time and work your way back slowly.

All being well you should be able to lift the same, if not more weight than before. Muscles have a memory e.g. movement patterns, previous loads etc... a bit like the brain and its long term memory system. When you start training again your muscles will soon be able to adapt to the weight demanded upon it (much faster than when you first make inroads to muscle strength and growth) Ask anyone on the board who has experienced the same thing and they will no doubt agree.

Physiotherapy is one option you could consider, which could assist the healing somewhat and you could learn a thing or two in the process, i certainly did.

I cant really comment on surgery, but im sure others could help you out in that area.

Anyhow good luck with the recovery and hope you learn plenty on the boards.

B-R
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Good to see a Danzig fan. I listen to them when I wo.
    I had a bike accident 3.5 years ago damaged my rotator cuff, wasn't wo at the time due to laziness. Didn't start again for 2 years, due to laziness. Everythings good now. The side is lower, but it doesn't effect me lifts.
    I really have nothing productive to say, just say your name and that you rode bikes. Let it heal for couple months and start out slow, and talk to a doc.

Wannabebig Member

Thanks guys

thanks for your reflects on my problem!
    But a couple of months seems like an awfull long time...!!
    don't you think i will lose a lot of mass in that time!??
    but of course, if my shoulder still is damaged then there is nothing else to do but rest. but what i fear the most is if it never will be the same again!
    right now i feel sick when I think of shrinking down in size...
    what do you think of losing mass when your off lifting???

Berserker - Nice to hear that you apreciate truly good music!

To be honest mate i didn't really lose much mass, i just kept my diet more or less the same with the exception of less cheats!

My bodyweight stayed the same, my chest seemed to lose a bit, but nothing to worry about. The major thing i noticed was how quickly my strength has come back after one week of training. Dont worry son you'll be alright just concentrate on getting better.

Then things will all click into place.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...