Thread: Some quick tips

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Some quick tips

Hey, Im almost 16 and Ive been working out since summer. I dont really go to the gym often, but I have a bench in my basement and Ive signed up for the gym in my school. I bench 100 and I weight 150. Ive noticed that my chest has blown up but my arms havent much. I need acouple of tips. First I need some tips on what kind of diet should I have. I heard that diet greatly effects your workout and Im pretty sure thats correct. Second, my brother wouldnt let me use the protien shakes that he has because he thinks that Im too young or maybe hes just greedy The thing is Ive noticed that most of my friends that have been working out with me have gotten much more results than I have. I could use anything you guys can recommend.
    Theres no wrong or right, theres only might.

Do you have a routine? If so, then post it for us to see. If not, then try one of the routines from the WBB site.
    Basically, when it comes to diet, just try to eat a lot. Including lots of protein. When you add it up it should be around 3000(quite a bit)-4000(quite a lot) cals. Bah, just post in the diet/nutrition section for help on diet.
    It seems that you mostly need help with routine and diet. I've got a strange idea that you might just be benchpressing and doing not much else. If so avoid it and sort out a routine.

Welcome to WBB!
    "I'm gonna die with a dumbell in my hand." - stpatrick44

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 80kgs (176lbs) | BF%: dunno
    --
    BB Bench 1 x 110kgs (242lbs) | Deadlift: 135kgs (300lbs) x 2 | Current Routine: Bodybuilding

Wannabebig Member
    My rountine is six days a week and rest on sunday. Mondays I tend to start out with bench pressing. Tuesdays I tend to go for Bicepes and Tricpes (bare with the spelling). Wednesday I go for back and shoulders. I dont work out much on legs but will start because my school has the proper machines needed. Thursday I start again with the bench and so on.
    Theres no wrong or right, theres only might.

Scuzzbucket is numero uno Scuzzbucket's Avatar
    It makes me feel so old to day this but, I was in the same boat as you when I was your age--3 years ago.

I did all my core workouts such as bench press, military press, incline press, dips (well, maybe not much the dips...), etc. but never did any isolation training. My chest and shoulders grew signifcantly but my tris and bis got left behind. Now, I do my bench press on chest/bicep days, but thats just me. There's scores of journals here at WBB, browse those for some ideas.

Also, for a starter, 6 days a week could be a little much (90% of guys do overtrain when they start, you coukld end up just breaking your body down beyond repair and mentally burning out; Lord knows I did.). You could try 3 or 4 days then a day off, but find what works best for you. Me personally, I go two on, one off, and combined with proper diet and ample rest, have seen a huge difference in only a month. Don't forget to get plently of sleep!
    "Always find something to fuel your growth, and know that each rep brings you closer to your goal." - Tommi Thorvildsen
    ------------------------------------------------

I work out at home too. I did WBB1, liked it. You can do most of it. I couldn't do decline bench and some of leg curls, didn't feel like digging out the attachment for the bench. Squats are tricky. You need to find something put the bar on. I used to have a stand built in my last basement out of wood. Wood is strong, east to work with. You can do hack squats without a stand.
    I don't think your to young for protein powder, its just a aquick substitute for food. Thats about all I would take.
    Read the articles on WBB. Good luck.