Thread: Deadlift form question..

Hybrid View

Deadlift form question..

Good day all,

I did some DL for the 1st time this morning and felt great, the only problem is that I think I did "wussy" DLs, I wasen't bending me lefgs down so the bar was not touching the floor, I was keeping my back straight but not lowering my whole body (like a squat ).

Does anyone else not bend down?

Another question is, if you bring down the weigh to the ground, aren't you working your legs big time too?

any help / advice would be appriciated.

and yes, my back feels very weak / fried after I did them...

Thanks,

_8_Ball

Yes you are also working your legs on deads. This is why people have difficulty in deciding whether or not to place them on leg or back day. If you are doing regular deadlifts I'd recommend doing them from a starting position on the floor. Just start light if it's a bit difficult.

Your back should feel fried after them. After my session i find it hard to stand fully erect for the first 5 minutes after my last set.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I don't bring the bar all the way to the floor for SLDL's. I just bend down until I get a good tightness and stretch in my hamstrings. I assume you are asking about regular dealfifts. IMO you should go all the way to the floor. And I think if you are holding a weight that you don't have to put down you probably aren't using enough weight.
    Last edited by JustinF; 02-06-2003 at 07:49 AM.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

ok, I will try them again next week and go all the way down to the floor. Do you guys do it on back day or leg day?

Thanks,

I do SLDL's on leg day and regular DL on back day. I think I may drop to just regular DL on back day.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Banned
    I thought that this was an instructive article about deads.

http://www.t-mag.com/articles/194dead.html

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    That article could be thought of as the bible of deadlifting.

Thanks for that article. Tought me a few things!!
    My journal