Thread: Cutting

Wannabebig Member

Cutting

Diet Question:

I have a consistent diet and workout. Although getting lean and reducing my body fat percentage seems like it's going to take years at this rate. Iím not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Diet

B reakfast:
    Wheat Toast & Jam
    Juice
    Nutri-grain

Lunch:
    Chicken breast sandwich on wheat (no condiments just veggies)
    Fresh Fruit Juice
    1 glass water
    Beans

Dinner:
    Chicken breast sandwich on wheat (no condiments just veggies)
    Fresh Fruit Juice
    1 glass water
    Beans

Workouts include 20 minutes cardio and 1.5 hours weight training four times a week.

As a Hispanic I grew up with beans for just about every meal. I'm not sure if beans are good for my diet but if thatís it Iíd be willing to give it up.

Does anyone have a cutting diets that they could recommend?

-Hector

Well it looks as if you need to eat more times in the day to regulate blood sugar, preferably 6, but 5 is a good place to start until you get used to eating and preparing more. And your total calories from the day look to small. I'd replace the fruit juice with real fruit. I'd add a protein to every meal, looks like breakfast has trace protein.
    I'm a believer in doing cardio in the 45 minute range if you have a slower metabolism or are more of a endomorph bodytype. But the number one thing you need to find out is how many calories are you eating, you may be so low your body thinks it's starving. I'm guessing on that diet you'll be in the 1600-1800 cal range, which seems low unless your 140lbs.

Raildog
    If you can't knock out a dozen or so chins, your either too fat or too weak, take your pick...

A Fortnight Dead
    Eat more.

Lose the fruit juice; eat protein.

Eat healthful fats; you need them.
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

Wannabebig Member
    So I should eat more (add 2-3 healthy meals to my diet), stay away from the juice, add more protien, and incorporate an LD/LD cardio workout rather than a HD/SD?

A Fortnight Dead
    Be glad to help you out, man; you have AIM or MSN?
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

Wannabebig Member
    V: Sure, my AIM is Yoy815. Thanks

I would recommend cutting down on the volume of training as well. Check out one of he WBB routines. Also get some EFA's in your diet along with more protein as others have suggested. Also beans are fine, excellent source of low gi carbs, fiber, and also have protein as well. Just shoot for a little of each macronutrient in each of your daily meals.

Wannabebig Member
    Bradley: Thanks for that info. im gonna check out the routines. What do you suggests is a good way to get some EFA's? For the protien I'm going to pick up some whey at GNC.

Thank god its not the beans, it would be hard to give them up. I'm gonna have me a big bowl of them tonight.

Thanks

Originally posted by hochoa
    Bradley: Thanks for that info. im gonna check out the routines. What do you suggests is a good way to get some EFA's? For the protien I'm going to pick up some whey at GNC.

Thank god its not the beans, it would be hard to give them up. I'm gonna have me a big bowl of them tonight.

Thanks
    Flax or fish oil are good supps that provide EFA's. Also salmon has a good amount of healthy fat as well. Good luck with it

Wannabebig Member
    Got it. Thanks