Thread: First meet results

Hybrid View

First meet results

Hey guys,
    TOday was my first ever Legit powerlifting meet. It was an awesome experience, with a few scares. I had a great time and got even more experience. First off, a little info. There were 12 schools competing. Our school was only 1 of 3 2A schools, the rest were 3A-5A. I weighed in at 198 exactly, and competed in the 198's. There were approx. 25-30 people in my weight class. The meet started at 7AM and ended at 5:30PM. I used only a INzer Champion squat suit and knee wraps, and a borrowed inzer shirt, which actually hurt me more than it helped.

Squats- 290/315/325 315 FINAL

These squats were pretty good in my book. The first two were good for 2 whites and one red, I didn't have my hands closed around the bar the first time, and the second time, I leaned forward when racking instead of stepping forward. The 325, was going great, until halfway up, then something happened and I just couldn't get it. This lift really hurt my left elbow, because the weight started falling off, the spotters were slow, and it really jerked my arm back at an awkard angle.

Bench press- 220/230/230

This was a HUGE dissapointment. I borrowed a Single ply blast shirt from a friend that was on another team. The thing was a little tight. I got down to do 220, but I couldn't get it all the way down to my chest, NO LIFT. I then went to 230, but the shirt TOTALLY messed me up, and I coudln't get it past the half way mark. On the third attempt, it was DO or DIE. I took off the shirt, got psyched up, and just totally smoked 230 like NOTHING. Here is about 15-20lbs. I sacrificed. My elbow was really bothering me here too.

Deadlift- 315/355/380 380 FINAL

These were VERY good. The 315 was like a warm up. The 355 was a little slower, but still smoked. I used conventional from on the first two, then on the 3rd lift I changed to sumo form. I probably coudl have gotten it with conventinoal form, but I didn't want to take any chances. It was pretty easy too. I think I am good for about 405 at my next meet.

TOTAL-925
    PLACE- 3rd

The 2nd place finisher was a Junior, and 1st place was a senior that went to state last year. His total was 1150.

There was a great deal of excitement in the Superheavy weights. This HUGE FAT black dude, opened with an UNREAL 650lbs. Then he went to 685, and smoked it. He ended with 700. The crowd went absolutely NUTS. THis wasn't then end. From out of nowhere, this MASSIVE white dude, squats 710LBS!!!!!! I swear, this guy could be indentical twins with Paul Childress. He looked so much like him, it was scary.

This was an EXTREMELY fun day, and I loved it. I don't know if or when our next meet is.

L8er.

AWESOME work on the deadlifts Herc!! Strength is insane for a 14 year old, keep up the hard work man.

Good job, Herc. Looks like you did really good. 1000lb total is right around the corner. My meet is in exactly 7 days, and I'm gettin more nervous every day.
    Squat - 505
    Bench - 325
    Deadlift - 550
    Total - 1380@175

Nice Lifting Herc! Glad to see that you enjoyed your meet
    Do you have any lined up for the future?
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

good job on the lifts herc. what did you end up eating that morning. curious whose advice you took

Diet for the day:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, 2 sausage and biscuit
    LUnch: Ham and cheese sandwhich, potato chips, banana
    (Breakfast and lunch had to be bought from the cafeteria)
    Miscellaneous throught the day:
    4 bottles of gatorade
    2 powerbars

Carbs: 300+
    Even with teh crazy amount of carbs, I was dead tired after the meet. I went to sleep at 7PM that night. After the meet, i celebrated in grand fashion. 1 large and 1 medium pizza all eaten in 30 mins....yum yum

beercan
    Very impressive...
    "I do declare; still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Great job. Really has you hungry for the next one eh?
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Awesome job man! You're incredibly strong for 14. .
    "If we're all God's children....what's so special about Jesus?" - Jimmy Carr

"The only difference between a dead skunk lying in the road and a dead lawyer lying in the road is that there are skid marks around the skunk."
    Patrick Murray.

Don't mistake kindness for weakness.

Totally Latman! I can't wait for the next one, but it will be a while. Thanks for the replies, L8er!

That's awesome! Great lifting.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.