Thread: Best Sub For Dips?

Best Sub For Dips?

i dont have a dipping station or parallel bars...and was wondering wat would be the best (or closest sub for dips)?

would it be dumbbell pushups (because of the stretch), or bench dips (leaned to hit more of chest, n less of tri's)...or what? Chair pushups? thanks in advance for any feedback

Skillz

Decline bench press.

Banned
    anything that hits pecs/tris oughta be fine I think

bench
    narrow grip bench
    etc.

Do them off a bench with you hands behind your back. Can put feet on something, if there something around.

Originally posted by gopher
    Decline bench press.
    I'd tend to agree...

I was having some slight discomfort in my clavicle from weighted dips, and now use the Hammer Strength decline instead. Much less tricep involvement, though (I'm stay upright while dipping), which I actually kinda like.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Chair dips are an excellent substitute, surely you have two chairs you can dip between? Check out 'Arnold the Education of a Bodybuilder' for full exaplanation
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

thanks u guys

yeah berserker, thas wat i thought, bench dips would be a good sub

i'll try em all out in different routines or cycles i do when i change up n see which one i react to best

Skillz

well, are you trying to isolate the tricep, or just do a dipping motion during chest??
    Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.