The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suzuki Cruisers

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar

Suzuki Cruisers

What do you commie bastards think of a Suzuki GZ250 as a first bike? It's not too expensive, has the features I'd like, but is quite small and would be a good bike for a beginner, methinks. I'm sure that you whores have opinions, so let's hear them.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Mystic Eric
    Two questions:

1. Why do you disappear from the board for weeks at a time?

2. Why did you have to call me a commie bastard and a whore ?

1) Because I'm constantly in a room getting my guts ripped out and getting pumped full of drugs.

2) I just feel that applies to 97.6452% of the board, so I generalize a bit.

BTW, next time you ask question #1, try to use a bit more thinking before speaking. I didn't divulge the details and information to the general forum here for a reason.
    Last edited by Gyno Rhino; 02-09-2003 at 05:00 PM.

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"

Pearls of Wisdom...

Mystic Eric
    Originally posted by Gyno Rhino

BTW, next time you ask question #1, try to use a bit more thinking before speaking. I didn't divulge the details and information to the general forum here for a reason.

Sorry man I was just worried about you, that's all...

No, no, I didn't in any way mean to be offensive. Sorry it came across that way. It does sound quite assholish, my apologies there. (Chalk it up to the drugs). I'm just saying that while I try to keep people informed about stuff, it's just really, really hard. You can't imagine how hard it can be sometimes to see a picture of what I used to look like. *sigh* I just miss the carefree life sometimes. I didn't mean to come across as popping off at you. My most sincere apologies, Eric. *bow* I appreciate your concern, I really do. I appreciate everyone on this site, truly (except Yates).

Pearls of Wisdom...

A 250? Haha, dont be a pussy, get a 600.

a 600 to learn on could be dangerous tuttut
    'you cant avoid confrontation in life. it just makes things more trouble down the road. sometimes you have to look at the bull and say "f--k you bull" and grab that bull by the horns'

-Shane

Originally posted by McBain
    a 600 to learn on could be dangerous tuttut
    You're right. Rhino, go with a Hayabusa.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

i learned on a 600

...and i'm a girl.

hayabusa is next.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

There is nothing wrong with a 600 to learn on. Its really a matter of height and weight. Gonna look up the bike and get back. Never rode a suzuki, I prefer Honda, but that just brand loyality.

Looked at the Suzuki site. Personally I wouldn't buy it unless it was dirt cheap. Its more for a small female or someone real young, not to offend. Like a honda rebel.
    I would probably aim for the 500 range in cruisers. I think they do make some semi-quick crotch rockets in 250s, ninjas.
    I personally think 500-750 is a good starting range, for adults. There making some nice low 750s now.
    A big factor is price. A cheap bike is good to learn on cause your gonna drop/scratch it. But its also bad cause it can be unreliable, or uncomfortable turning you off from riding. I started out cheap, but if I had the money I would have went in $2000 range.

go for the honda CT110
    'you cant avoid confrontation in life. it just makes things more trouble down the road. sometimes you have to look at the bull and say "f--k you bull" and grab that bull by the horns'

-Shane

3 Time World Champion
    Harley Davidson or custom V-TWIN....that is a crusier.....

Or get the V-Rod , Porsche designed/built engine, Harley frame

3 Time World Champion
    Now if you want something other than an American bike, you have plenty of options such as Ducati , Triumph, Honda, Yahmaha, well you know that.......

Banned
    Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
    No, no, I didn't in any way mean to be offensive. Sorry it came across that way. It does sound quite assholish, my apologies there. (Chalk it up to the drugs). I'm just saying that while I try to keep people informed about stuff, it's just really, really hard. You can't imagine how hard it can be sometimes to see a picture of what I used to look like. *sigh* I just miss the carefree life sometimes. I didn't mean to come across as popping off at you. My most sincere apologies, Eric. *bow* I appreciate your concern, I really do. I appreciate everyone on this site, truly (except Yates).
    Don't sweat it man.

You may be an asshole, but you're OUR asshole. So it's all good.

Uh, waitaminute. That doesn't sound quite right...
    Last edited by Relentless; 02-11-2003 at 07:45 AM.

I think he is looking for a starter bike. I would go jap, cheaper. I sure wouldn't go big twin or v-rod.

Yamaha V-star Classic... ace bike!! Its on my "wanted" list!!
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

This would be a perfect "starter bike"

My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Well what is it? Can it turn?

It's a concept from Dodge. It's called the Tomahawk. That is a Viper V10 you see in it.

These were a few questions asked at the Detroit Auto show it was at:

I was at the Auto Show in Detroit and I asked the spokesmodel most of the questions you have been asking, and it seems that for the most part, Dodge thought of these questions as well.

1. How does it steer with 2 front tires so close? The tires are on independant suspension, but linked to steer together. If the bike and rider were to lean into a curve, the inside tire would go up more than the outside, which according to the engineers, reduces the rolling diameter, allowing the rider to turn.

2. With over 500hp, how do you expect to have traction? We don't, thats why it's a concept. hehe, just kidding. In reality, the two rear tires provided more traction than one solid rear tire. Going around a turn, dual front tires, combined with the 4 wheel independant suspension provide more contact patch than even the widest single tire.

3. At an estimated 400mph, how would you expect the rider to stay on the bike? Once again, since this is a concept, if this vehicle were to go into production, there would be changes to ensure the safety of the rider. On the current concept, the "restraint" system on the vehicle consists of a seat that in effect, cups the rider onto the vehicle. The deep dish of the seat, combined with the high backrest, makes it harder to slide off the back.

4. Is this truly considered a motorcycle, in the sense that this vehicle has four independant wheels? In the sense, this is more of an open automobile than a motorcycle. Due to safety regulations, the vehicle would have to go through heavy modifications to ever be mass produced as a street-legal vehicle. However, certain key changes could occur to make this into a true motorcycyle, thus making it legal to sell and ride on public roads. Once again, this vehicle is just a concept, not likely to be actually produced. This particular model was built mainly to display what can happen when the best engineers, working for the best company come together to build a toy. As you can see, we still know how to build a show-stopper.

Anyways, those q&a, were almost word-for-word from the spokesperson at the Dodge display. I know I'd buy one if I had endless cash, but I doubt they will ever build it. Good day, and keep it rubber side down.
    Last edited by JustinF; 02-11-2003 at 09:54 AM.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

I wonder if to legalize it for street use you would have to decrease hp? For cars the level 500? Is there a restriction on bikes?
    As far as turning I mean the forks? look ridgid. Interesting.
    ever see the boss hog, its got a 350.

I would go with something bigger. I learned on a 600 (Yamaha YZF R6) and I never rode a motorcycle, moped, or dirtbike before. Just take it easy and be careful. Keep your eyes pealed at all times.

What course did you go through to get your permit/license? I know they have weekend courses where you get your permit the first day - the second day you actually ride a small bike (think its a 250cc) and go through the license test. Its a really good course for someone who never rode a bike before, and a good way to get your license right off the bat.

good luck, keep us informed
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Eric-not all states require courses. I didn't take one though they are a good idea.

Originally posted by Berserker
    Eric-not all states require courses. I didn't take one though they are a good idea.
    Ya Maine has a shiat load of laws/restrictions. Hell you need a permit to wipe your arse.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Suzuki's are cheap cruisers, well-made and quite popular. The next biggest cruiser they have that is widely available is an Intruder 800.

Pearls of Wisdom...