Thread: Maximum muscle gain, minimal fat gain--what foods to eat?

Maximum muscle gain, minimal fat gain--what foods to eat?

What foods should I eat, what foods should I eat for maximum muscle gain and minimal fat gain? Also, i'm a beginner

What's something small I could take for my school lunch? Right now, I'm eating school food and normally the best choices are a hamburger or chicken nuggets and i think that'll stop my progress.

Just go with lean protein sources, low GI carbs, and healthy fats. There is a thread about grocery shopping lists that might be of use. Has lots of good examples of what I mentioned above.

You could take some form of sandwich or something for lunch or just cook something the night before and throw it in a Rubbermaid container. Also most school lunchrooms sell milk so that would be a good protein source as well.

Im with bradly on this one, take sandwiches, the majority of school food is pants for a weight trainer. So you have to improvise and take your own sources of food.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Turkey sandwich? That would stay good wouldn't it?

Originally posted by Common
    Turkey sandwich? That would stay good wouldn't it?
    Yeah, especially if you threw it in a small cooler or something, but I would imagine it would be fine just thrown in your backpack. If you go with turkey just make a couple of sandwiches with a little mayo (will give you some fats) and lost of turkey (protein).

Well not gonna take a cooler, dont have a bag... I could just put it in a baggy and it would be fine, right>?

3 Time World Champion
    Natural Peanut butter no jelly on high fiber bread....

just get a small lined lunchbag to throw in a backpack, and any deli meat sandwich would be good for school, or put some protein powder in a shaker and buy some milk to add to it...

Raildog
    If you can't knock out a dozen or so chins, your either too fat or too weak, take your pick...