Thread: Eggs Ratio white /yolk

Hybrid View

chronic overtrainer
    under the bar or over the bar during the week, at the bar on weekends

Eggs Ratio white /yolk

When I boil eggs and eat them I almost always eat just the whites and toss out the yolks. ( I don't like hard boiled yolks) I eat maybe 5-6 eggs a day this way.

I also eat eggs in a pan with some light cooking spray either over easy, scrambled, or omlette normally 1 or 2 times day. When I do this I use a ratio of maybe 1 whole egg (yolk and all) to an additional 2-3 eggwhites only. So I end up with may 2-3 whole eggs and another 4-6 whites. I know the yolks have some good EFA, vitamins and proteins, but I am also wary of too much fat from eating all whole eggs all the time. I figure the whites only add about 3-4 grams of protein each and trace fat if any.

For those who eat eggs (since they are a great source of cheap protein), what if any ratio of yolks to whites do you think is good, or do you think its better to just eat all whole egg and forget about seperating them? Does it depend on bulk versus cut?
    I'm interested in what the members' general thoughts are on this topic ?
    Last edited by sweet-physique; 02-10-2003 at 08:54 AM.
    Cortisol is the enemy.

Remember, it is not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game.

I eat both the white and the yolk, because about half the protein of an egg comes from the yolk.

Banned
    I usually go about 1 or 2 whole to 5-6 whites. Only real reason to add the yolk IMHO is that it makes it a little more palatable.

The yolks have too much fat/cholesterol to eat lots of IMHO.
    Last edited by Relentless; 02-10-2003 at 08:56 AM.