The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

tips on wbb1 day2

Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Hack Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Leg Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Straight Legged Deadlifts : 2 x 6-8 reps
    Standing Calve Raises : 4 x 10 reps

I have never been taught hack squats and straight legged deadlifts. I can do seated calve raise but don't know standing calve raises. What do I do? Any ideas as to what I can do otherwise. I really want to follow wbb1, I want to. Give me thoughts on what I should do or not do because I want to keep up my workouts and follow your advice I don't want to do stuff that I would not do proper.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

I need to know what workout to do. I don't think without a person demonstarting that I can do those proper. In fact, there is no way, I have been shown live what to do. I don't think that is a good odea. What should I do? The best I can? Can I mix similar things I can do? Skip to day 5? Whats best?
    Last edited by rodent500; 02-10-2003 at 09:02 PM.

Did you actually check out the links I posted? They tell you exactly what you need to do for every excercise and have some videos showing you how to do each one
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

You said you've worked with trainers. Are there any trainers at you gym? Right down the exercises. Go to your gym and hand the list of the above exercises to the trainer. Ask him to demonstrate those to you. Its easy if you really want to learn. You keep trying to take the easy way out here dude. Suck it up and ask for some help from somebody in your gym.

*edit for spelling*
    Last edited by WillKuenzel; 02-10-2003 at 09:12 PM.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

dude, thats not going to do much. I don't think its a good idea to go based on what I see here. I'm only trying to avoid injury/public embarrasment when I do it wrong. Thanks though.

Homeyield: I have a meeting with a trainer later this week, friday. I have told him whats happned and he is going to give me a program and diet. For now, I want to stick with wbb1.
    Last edited by rodent500; 02-10-2003 at 09:17 PM.

Originally posted by rodent500
    dude, thats not going to do much. I don't think its a good idea to go based on what I see here. I'm only trying to avoid injury/public embarrasment when I do it wrong. Thanks though.
    Ask a trainer then. If you aren't willing to try then we won't be either.
    What is elite?

I think

I'll just do a shoulder or chest workout. BTW, is working chest on back to back training days good or bad, and why is it?

Re: I think

I'll just do a shoulder or chest workout. BTW, is working chest on back to back training days good or bad, and why is it?
    Very bad idea. You need to learn to do legs or you won't be any better off than all the other people we make fun of on here. Learn to do those above. If you want to get results then ask somebody at your gym to help you. If not then go home.

As for your question. We have already told you. Doing chest back to back is called overtraining. Go back and read what was said about that. Are you even trying to take our advice or what? We've been over all this stuff already.
    Last edited by WillKuenzel; 02-11-2003 at 06:12 AM.
    What is elite?

chill the heck out. I know legs are very important, but I want to know, why? How does leg work and strength help your upper body or chest?

It's hopeless. You have been given all of the answers to ALL of your question tenfold. That is all. I'm done.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

*throws in the towel*
    excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.

chill the heck out. I know legs are very important, but I want to know, why? How does leg work and strength help your upper body or chest?
    *Because I have not seen this one answered for you directly*

Working your legs with squats and deadlifts stimulates your body to release growth hormones. Those basically help your whole body recover and get stronger.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Wannabebig Member
    public embarassment???? who frickin cares....do you think everyone in your gym was always huge and in great shape?? NO, they started from somewhere just like all of us. Don't worry so much about what other people think.

I have a meeting with a trainer later this week, friday. I have told him whats happned and he is going to give me a program and diet. For now, I want to stick with wbb1.
    !!!!!

Wow. Good luck with that. I mean, you've gotten such great results in the past with trainers - good idea. You should stick with what works for you.

And that wbb1 routine - congrats on sticking with that, dude. I mean, you gave it the old college try! If it doesn't work in a week, you should TOTALLY drop it and try something new. Because I am sure there's something out there that will give you the results you want in a week. Just keep switching around until you find it.
    Last edited by carolinagirl; 02-11-2003 at 08:49 AM.
    You can't babysit this.

Grasshoppa
    Everyone starts somewhere. Stop being so vain and get in there and practice. I've seen guys go into the gym only able to bench the bar. You have to have a starting point.

Those links posted were perfectly fine for showing me how to do the lifts when I first started. Including the videos, there are text descriptions.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

So your getting a program and diet made up by a personal trainer on friday... why are you wasting our time by asking questions you'll follow for maybe a week? A week won't do you any good, and you already know that.

Maybe your pt will promise you 2 week results. I hope he does, so you can start pestering him every day.
    LaLa

I wouldn't start skipping around on wbb1. Do what you can improvise. For leg day you can do either seat or standing calves raise doesn't make a diference. If all you know how to do is squats do 4 sets. It seems like the slightest pebble in the road derails you.

Today's plan:
    4 sets of 8 squat
    2 set of 8 leg press
    2 sets of 10 seated calf raises
    3 sets of 8 leg curls
    2 sets of a machine that sit in inclined with your legs pushing up, it uses barbell weights and I think its called hip something?????
    2 sets of push ups

Is this good for training day 2 or not?

That looks pretty good.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Apparently you're either illiterate or retarded, because you've missed the last ten-****ing-thousand times we've said DO IT TO THE LETTER, and you seem obviously incapable of even reading the ****ing program as its written.

I see no point in attempting to help you anymore.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock