The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Soreness and muscles???

Does muscle soreness necessarily mean muscle gain????
    "That Veronica Vaugh is one piece of ace" Chris Farley

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

No.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

I've heard several different things about soreness meaning micro-tears and a few other things like lactid acid. Anyone got a specific answer.

Thanx

Its not lactate. Lactate clears out pretty quick after exercise.

Micro-trauma from eccentric exercise, and the subsequent inflammatory repair process, is the best-accepted theory at the moment.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Definitly no. It's rare that i feel soreness in my back although very heavy training, and i consider it my best bodypart.

Blue veined member !
    Hehe El Kelio I too have been blessed with a domsproof back but my pecs are sore for friggin days after just a few sets ! That pi$$es me off to no end!

Anyone have a theory on why different muscle groups seem to never get sore where others are hurrendously sore after a couple of measley sets ? I know that just because a muscle isnt sore it doesnt necessarily mean its recovered fully but what the hell ? I can do like 12 intense sets on my back and it might be slightly aching but my pecs cant take 6 intense sets ? Some might say because its a larger muscle and can recover quicker but my biceps are rarely sore !??? Hamstrings..sore as hell after 3 sets, quads...never sore !!? ANY IDEA WHY ? Guess it just all comes down to genetics, pah !
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

Last edited by Silverback; 02-13-2003 at 04:21 PM.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Originally posted by Hellrazor
    Hehe El Kelio I too have been blessed with a domsproof back but my pecs are sore for friggin days after just a few sets ! That pi$$es me off to no end!

Actually, it's rare that i feel any soreness in my pull muscles ( back and biceps ), but with the push ones ( chest and triceps ) that's another story. And with traps (pull), i have always that sore the next day and shoulders (push) nothing. Freak isn't it ?

By the way, how good it feels !!!

Someone told me that your back repairs itself the fastest, therefore you dont get very sore if at all...maybe