Thread: Calves are being bastards..need help

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.

Calves are being bastards..need help

Ok, my calves are skinny, tad over 15 inches last I checked, my bi's are 15.75, as a rule of thumb I'd like my calves to be bigger. Problem is, my calves are extremely strong. I can rack every calf press variation; sitting, standing, nautilaus one where you bend over with the belt around your waist. If I'm doing standing calf presses, the weight on my shoulders starts to cut them up after a while and I have to stop before I start bleeding all over. With the nautilaus one my lower back starts to bow and strain before I can exhaust the calves. With sitting calf presses my knees start to get wrenched from the weight before my calves feel anything, plus all 3 get to the arch of my foot after a while too. I could use some help on alternative exercises that can put some size on my calves.

PS I'm not bragging about the strength, I just want some size here....I tried strapping 2 cans of tuna to each calf but my expirement with osmosis seemed to fail.

Your best bet is to just ignore them and work other body parts

Try this,
    2 sets of standing calf raises using a 4,4,1 tempo for 10 reps
    Start on your tippy toes.

2 sets of seated calf raises using a 4,4,1 tempo for 10 reps.

Do them first in the week and first in your workout. Do this 2 x's a week.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    I think I will give that a try, got nothing to lose.