Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Trainer Meeting

Hybrid View

My Trainer Meeting

I met with a trainer as I said. I told him everything, and showed him my workouts including wbb1. He told me, I need to stick with something that has everything written out. He then gave me a detailed write-up and told me I must stick with it for 6 to 8 weeks. I'll write out, and basically the first 2 weeks have similar weights, but the next six will get up there. I like it, it spells everything out for me. What are you thoughts?

Week 1:
    Low Body:
    Squat-140 lbs for 12 reps, 180 lbs for 12 reps 3 times
    Leg Press-230 lbs for 12 reps 3 times
    Leg Extension-105 lbs for 12 reps 2 times
    FM Calf Press-180 lbs for 12 reps 2 times
    SB Crunch-25 reps 2 times
    MB Twist Taps-8 lbs for 30 reps 2 times
    Treadmill-2 min at 3.5 at 1%incline and 2 min at 8.5 at 1% done for 30 min total

Upper Body:
    Bench Press-115 lbs for 12 reps, 135 lbs for 12 reps 3 times
    Icarian row-80 lbs at 12 reps done 3 times
    Dips assisted-60 lbs for 12 reps done 2 times
    PullUp Asstsd-80 lbs for 12 reps done 2 times
    DB SH Press-35 lbs for 12 reps done 2 times
    Lat Raise-12.5 lbs for 12 reps done 2 times
    Arm curl-45 lbs for 12 reps done 2 times
    Legs up crunch 30 reps done 2 times

Low Body:
    Squat-140 lbs for 12 reps, 180 lbs for 12 reps done 3 times
    Leg Press-230 lbs for 12 reps done 3 times
    Trunk Extension-105 lbs for 12 reps done 2 times
    Calf Press-180 lbs for 12 reps done 2 times
    SB Crunch for 25 reps done 2 times
    MB Twist Taps-8 lbs for 30 reps done twice
    Same treadmill

Upper Body:
    Bench-115 lbs for 12 reps, 135 lbs for 12 reps done 3 times
    Chin pulldown-80 lbs for 12 reps done 3 times
    Pec Fly-60 lbs for 12 reps done 2 times
    Pulldown-80 lbs for 12 reps done 2 times
    DB Up Row-35 lbs for 12 reps done 2 times
    Lat Raise-12.5 lbs for 12 reps done 2 times
    Skulls-45 lbs for 12 reps done 2 times
    Legs Up Crunch 30 reps done 2 times

This is only week one, I can show you week 2. I am supposed to workout any 4 times in seven days. I like this. By week 3 the weights will change. Your thoughts. Oh, we talked on me eating, and he calculated I need 3375 calories.

I thought you were going to follow WBB #1 and stick with it, now you have a new routine?

And now that a trainer told you that you need to eat a lot more you are conviced?

Good luck with your April goals.
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

I showed him wbb1, but I guess he wanted to personlize something for me, which I think and you should too, is a good idea, that way all I have to do is follow.

That was exactly what you had to do with WWB 1, FOLLOW.
    Edgar V.

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

Trainer bad
    WBB good
    Age 23 Height 5'10 weight 210 2 years complete of serious lifting.
    At 5'10" last Jan/02 I was 280 Lbs with a 44 waist.
    Now as of Dec/02 I am 210 with a 34-36 waist. A year complete 70 pounds lost now lets get big .
    Goal Deadlift 500 by summer now..
    02/10/03 405X3 425X1
    02/17/03 435X1
    02/24/03 445X1
    03/03/03 455X1
    03/10/03 455X3 "rack pull" 500X1 "rack pull MISS"
    03/17/03 405X6, "Rack Pulls 505X3, 525X1.... 555X1 Miss"
    04/14/03 465X1 verry difficult
    05/12/03 475X1 Easy!!! 500X1 Miss"real close"
    05/19/03 435X5
    06/16/03 Rack pulls 555X2, 600Xmiss
    07/14/03 500X1 GOAL ACHIEVED!!!!
    10/06/03 500X4 555X1 Miss
    10/13/03 535X1
    11/10/03 Rack pull 500X7
    GOAL for 2004 get back to a low fat% and keep it 8 -10% would be great.
    06/29 rack pull 700X3
    07/6/04 600x1 at 216
    09/6/04 600X1 at 208 Rack pull 720X3
    NEW GOAL BENCH 400 BY FEB 2005 "not sure about this one"

trainer expensive
    wbb cheap
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

actually

I didn't pay anything to meet with the trainer, it was simply a meeting. I am surpraised that you guys are against this workout, I don't understand why. Are saying I should not do it, because it looks very good. What problems do you have with it?

If you think is good for you then do it, stick with it for a couple of months and then come and tell us what results you got.
    Edgar V.

I care about your opinons, thats why I posted it. I wanted your thoughts on it, and what I can do. Besides, I'll always have something you can help me on. I'm no experts, thats why I come to this place. You can tell me things that otherwise I would never have known.

And that's what we have been trying to do so far, whether you take the advice or not is up to you
    Edgar V.

Rodent, why don't you just stick to 3 days a week training. MON,WED,FRID.

Do squats. Flat bench press, Deadlifts, thats all. Simple and very basic. Thats all you need for now. Do 5 sets of 5 reps for each to build some mass and strength. Do this routine 3 times a week and eat as much as you can, protein wise. Don't go overboard with the carbs. if you want, you can add abs in every day to keep your stomach trim.

Robert

Do that voodoo that he do
    That routine looks doable, though a touch higher volume than I normally prefer. As a beginner, you can probably get away with it, if you eat and rest.

Follow it. Religiously. Or follow WBB #1. Religiously.

By the way, my WBB #1 testamonial is in that forum. Read it.

Eat.

Lift with intensity + Eat with intensity + Rest with intensity = Big gains.

the kid from oz
    im not sure i follow that routine very well but you're training 4 days a week and doing abs everyday, legs 2 days, chest 2 days and back 2 days

A Fortnight Dead
    What, if I may ask, was so DAMN BAD ABOUT THE W#$%@#$%@#$%@#$% WBB ROUTINE???????
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

that has been the question all along
    Edgar V.

Grasshoppa
    Doing abs everyday won't keep them "trim".
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Ok my mistake, i've just worded it wrong. I just mean it will keep them strong. Obviously diet will only keep our stomachs trim.

Robert

Grasshoppa
    Won't keep them strong either...especially doing them everyday. Just because abs tend to repair quicker doesn't mean you should do them everyday. I'd honestly say 3 times a week max. Most can get away with not doing them directly and still work them with squats and such.

Just like any other muscle, they can atrophy, maintain or hypertrophy.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I never said to do them everyday. I suggested 3 times a week. MON,WED,FRID. But your right, i only train my abs once a week at the moment. the most i'd do if i was able to train more, would be 3 times a week, nothing more.

Robert

Grasshoppa
    Originally posted by Robert
    if you want, you can add abs in every day to keep your stomach trim.

Robert
    That's what confused me...I guess you mean every training day.
    Shao-LiN

I've told you my thoughts way too many times. I've tried to be as helpful as possible but you just aren't listening. If you like the routine then do it. Whatever. We've told you about training muscle groups like that more than once a week. Its way too much volume to be doing it 4 times a week. There is still too much cardio.

I'm sure with all that, that you will lose weight and maybe, just maybe gain some muscle (if you are lucky). Don't expect to be anywhere near your goals by April though.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

But if I eat 3000-3500 calories a day, will I get big?

Sorry, I couldn't help it.
    Last edited by EdgarMex; 02-14-2003 at 07:55 PM.
    Edgar V.

Hey Shao-Lin

Sorry mate, my mistake. I did mean every training day. My fault.

Robert

I don't understand why the trainer thinks it would be good to work the entire upper body on the same day. Plus, the deadlift is a must for any routine.
    5-9 170

Banned
    Originally posted by HomeYield
    There is still too much cardio.
    Tell me if I'm wrong, but I see 2 cardio sessions per week in that program. I hardly think that is overkill. Cardio is not going to keep you from getting big; not eating enough will keep you from getting big.