The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

how do you manipulate natural steroid levels? Articles?

I've heard a little, very little, about this... Spiking insulin?? Simple carbs?

Does anyone know of some good articles about manipulating natural steroid levels?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Well Ia m not sure if you were implying that insuline is a steroid, cause it is not. It is anabolic in nature, but not a steroid.

There are many ways to elevate and spike insulin levels but I feel the issue is over rated with the exceptionin the case for post work out recovery, and anti-catabolic properties.

I am not aware way to "manipulate"natural steroid levels such as Testosterone, DHT, Nandralone...ect But maintaining a diet with a sufficient level of fats and cholesterol will ensure optimum natural test' levels.

With the exception of HCG(Human Chorionic Gonadtropin) or tribulus there is little you can do for your self...Ther are ways to ensure positive test/estrogen partioning..but thats an article in its self..

I don't know if anyway to naturally "manipulate" your hormones. I would think that the best thing you could do would be to and keep your diet and training levels at some level to optimize your natural hormonal profile. What I mean is by taking in the rate amounts of fats (and other macrnoutrients) and not overtraining. I read "The Testosterone Advantage Plan" and this is basically what it all boiled down to. The authors recommend a diet that consisted of 1g of protein per lb. of bw and the remaining cals split evenly between carbs and fat. I am not saying this would be the ideal diet, just thought it might be worth mentioning

The Tuna Tempter
    I find this topic of bodybuilding very interesting. Look up the ABCDE diet, it claims to give very good results by manipulating your body's own supply of hormones.

-Tank
    Life's too short to be small

What's a good level of fats and cholestoral to have? What foods have the good fats and cholestoral?

So that author suggests 1g of protein per lb? I'm 170lbs.. that would mean 170gs protein, how many carbs and fats should I take in? I want to go for around 2800 calories to start---isnt it like 4 grams of protein is a calorie or something?

Alot of Beef, Squats and, Saw Palmetto have given me good results, dunno if it increased my test or what but its working.

I was thinking, maybe all the hormones they inject into cattle is whats helping.

Grasshoppa
    No Common, it's more like 1 gram of protein is 4 calories.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Originally posted by Common
    What's a good level of fats and cholestoral to have? What foods have the good fats and cholestoral?

So that author suggests 1g of protein per lb? I'm 170lbs.. that would mean 170gs protein, how many carbs and fats should I take in? I want to go for around 2800 calories to start---isnt it like 4 grams of protein is a calorie or something?
    I personally try and get 1g per lb of bw in protein, approx 30% of daily cals from fat, and let carbs make up the rest of my daily cals. I really don't worry about cholesterol.

1g protein=4 cals
    1g carbohydrate=4 cals
    1g fat=9 cals

There are many opinions on what the macronutrient ratio should be. You can get healthy fats from things like nuts, flax oil, fish oil, natural peanut butter etc. Try running a search on EFA's and you will get a lot of info.

So that would be 680 calories from protein for me.....
    Which would mean, if split evenly I should get 1060 calories from fat and carbs...?

Originally posted by Common
    So that would be 680 calories from protein for me.....
    Which would mean, if split evenly I should get 1060 calories from fat and carbs...?
    170g protein=680 cals
    265g carbs=1060
    118g fat=1062

2802 cals total
    24% p/38% carbs/38% f

That would be the breakdown if you were following the Testosterone Advantage plan.

Wannabebig Member
    Bradley in my opinion, you would gain more fat following a diet such as that....Even isocaloric diets you have to be watchful of.

Originally posted by socrates
    Bradley in my opinion, you would gain more fat following a diet such as that....Even isocaloric diets you have to be watchful of.
    I am not saying this would be the ideal diet, just thought it might be worth mentioning
    Like I said in my other post I am not advocating this diet, but he wanted to know the breakdown.