The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Based on a True Story

Hey, you...yes I'm talking to you, the person who just clicked on this thread!

Hello and welcome to The Maestro's online training journal, where you will get an exclusive look at the way I train, what I eat, and what my philosophy on life is all about!

I hope you will enjoy your stay. I am looking forward to getting some feeback from you guys.

First things first, though. Have two quick questions before I get started.

1) Would any of you fine gentlemen care to inform me which website is the best for purchasing a weight belt ( the kind where I can put weights on, for dips and chins, I already have a regular weight belt)? I have searched a lot of sites and found different prices and different materials that they are made from.

2) I am wondering if I should buy some wrist weights. I’m not sure if you know what I mean by “wrist weights”, so I will explain. They are little 2.5lb weights that you put on kind of like a watch. Now, the reason why I am asking is because the gym that I am a member of only has DB s that go up by 5lbs. So my question is, if I put on one of these tiny 2.5lbs wrist weights, and I pick up a 85lb DB, together it will be 87.5lbs, correct? For some reason I’m not sure if with the wrist weights I would actually be lifting an extra 2.5lbs, because it’s on the wrist, like a watch.

Before going any further, I’d like to talk about a book which I have recently finished reading. I’m sure some of you guys have read it, too, so I’d like to get your opinions on it. I just finished reading “Maximize Your Training” Edited by Matt Brzycki. After reading this book I have changed the way I train, essentially I have lowered the quantity of sets I do and the amount of days I train.

Interesting quote from the book that I‘d like to share: “Research has shown repeatedly that it takes only one properly performed set to stimulate improvements in strength.”

Another quote which I found to be worthy of note: “Intensity - that is, the amount of effort applied to each set - supersedes volume when it comes to producing results.” That’s just two of the many things that I have learned from this book (by far the best book on working out).

I have come up with a new and improved plan - both for training and diet.

THE PLAN: Up to this point I was doing low sets, only 2 sets per exercise, so now I have basically cut the amounts of sets I do by half.

My workout split is:

Monday - Legs
    Thursday - Upper body
    Friday - abs (ha, takes like 5min)

Before that I was on a 3 day split:
    Monday - Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
    Wednesday - Legs
    Friday - Back/Traps/Rear delts/Biceps/Forearms

I just started training this new way about 3 weeks ago………and already my lifts have gone up!

O.K., so that’s all for the training section. Now for the diet.

I think that the largest factor that was holding me back from gaining muscle in the gym was actually my diet. I wasn’t eating too little….I was eating too much! Let me clarify. When I first joined this site everyone was like “you have to eat, eat and eat, and eat more, its all about the diet.”

But not many people talked about the intensity! So I ate 6 clean meals a day thinking that I would get big just from the diet (and training of course). I did get big….but in the wrong place! LOL!

At one point I was like 245lbs, and I just barely got accepted to the navy because my body fat level was at like 22%. I did lose about 60lbs in boot camp, but I also lost a lot of muscle and strength. After boot camp I was still obsessed with my body building diet, taking food with my everywhere, the store, the movie theater, all kinds of different establishments. But I wasn’t putting as much effort into my training as I was into my diet.

All right, so you’re wondering where I am going with all of this, and rightly so.

The point I’m trying to make here is that it’s not just about the diet (I‘m talking about my own experiences here, not other WBB members), it’s also about the intensity!
    I’m putting a lot more effort into training now, and less into my diet.
    I’m lifting more weight and doing more reps each time I step into the gym.

I eat 5 or 6 times a day (clean meals still), but I’m not obsessed with food anymore, like I used to be. If I miss a meal it’s NO BIG DEAL. I’m no longer bothered by that, thinking that I HAVE to eat every 2 to 2.5 hours, nothing is going to happen if my next meal is going to be in 3 or EVEN 3.5 hours. Being able to eat whenever I want feels great, I actually feel like I have more power now.

Know why? Because I’m the boss, apple sauce! That’s right. That ain’t not typo.
    I’m not a slave to the magazines’ “you have to eat every 2 hours” articles anymore.

I will officially start the journal, posting my diet and training exercises on Monday, because that‘s when I work out.

Stay tuned and feel free to post any comments and/or advice.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, one more thing.

I’m selling two books, “Ultimate Bodybuilding” by Joe Weider and “The Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding” by Arnold Schwarzenegger. They are used (obviously) and have things highlighted and circled in them. Both books are huge, and by huge I mean like 500 and 700 pages, respectively. They have hundreds of pics and details on how to do the exercises, so they are perfect for beginners.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Welcome to the journal section

btw i'd be interested in those books but i live miles away in the UK .

How much you selling them for and how much are they worth new? (gotta work out if P&P would be worth it)...

“Research has shown repeatedly that it takes only one properly performed set to stimulate improvements in strength.”
    -obviously... this guy must be like dr phil, repeats common sense over and over again. i dont mean to hate... i hope everything works out for you and you reach the goals you want.
    JEEP is a 4 letter word, therefore it must be dirty.

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
    This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal all this pain is an illusion...

I am addicted to fast food...

Dip Belt: www.power-systems.com or www.ironmind.com (there are other places as well).
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Re: Based on a True Story

Originally posted by The Maestro
    2) I am wondering if I should buy some wrist weights. I’m not sure if you know what I mean by “wrist weights”, so I will explain. They are little 2.5lb weights that you put on kind of like a watch. Now, the reason why I am asking is because the gym that I am a member of only has DB s that go up by 5lbs. So my question is, if I put on one of these tiny 2.5lbs wrist weights, and I pick up a 85lb DB, together it will be 87.5lbs, correct? For some reason I’m not sure if with the wrist weights I would actually be lifting an extra 2.5lbs, because it’s on the wrist, like a watch.

This......is a damn good idea. In fact, I'm surprised I haven't seen it mentioned around elsewhere. I could do with a pair of 2.5's and a pair of 5's, myself.

Before going any further, I’d like to talk about a book which I have recently finished reading. I’m sure some of you guys have read it, too, so I’d like to get your opinions on it. I just finished reading “Maximize Your Training” Edited by Matt Brzycki. After reading this book I have changed the way I train, essentially I have lowered the quantity of sets I do and the amount of days I train.

Interesting quote from the book that I‘d like to share: “Research has shown repeatedly that it takes only one properly performed set to stimulate improvements in strength.”

Ok, I'm not gonna knock it too much, but I'm no fan of the HIT school in general and Brzycki in specific.

Additionally-- one set can stimulate an improvement in strength, sure. However-- does that mean it causes the *best possible* improvement? Even with respect to recovery capability, my thinking (and personal results) says no. Just something to consider, though-- if you're liking it, more power to ya.

Another quote which I found to be worthy of note: “Intensity - that is, the amount of effort applied to each set - supersedes volume when it comes to producing results.” That’s just two of the many things that I have learned from this book (by far the best book on working out).

Again, that's somewhat true, but not the whole picture. The HIT Jedi tend to focus too much on failure as being THE cause of hypertrophy, when in fact its only the end result of the processes that actually *do* cause growth (those being local, overload-induced fatigue and eccentric damage)

But hey, like I said-- if you're enjoying it and its working for you, then best of luck!
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

WOW!!!! I think that is the most amazing post I have ever seen!!!
    Congrats!!!
    JEEP is a 4 letter word, therefore it must be dirty.

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
    This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal all this pain is an illusion...

I am addicted to fast food...

:withstupi

:withstupi

*looks at galileo*

:withstupi me too. I am amazed and amused

WBB MEMBERS FROM ALL OVER THE

[SIZE=6.5]THURSDAY (2-20-2003)[/SIZE]

(Star Rating System) TM
    • 3......Excellent Work, Maestro!
    • 2......Not too shabby, but could be better.
    • 1......Feeble, nothing to brag about.
    • 0......All right. That‘s it. Someone please put me out of my misery and slip some hemlock into my protein shake, then drop a ten ton anvil on top of my head, after that throw me from a fifty foot bridge down onto the railroad tracks of an oncoming locomotive while man-eating bears with lasers on top of their heads await for my doom.

The Split
    • M - Resistance training (lower body)
    • T - Muscle repair & recovery
    • W - Muscle repair & recovery
    • Th - Resistance training (upper body)
    • F - Muscle repair & recovery
    • Sa - Muscle repair & recovery
    • S - Muscle repair & recovery

Essentially Executed Exercises ©

WARM UP: 10min cardio

Lat pulldown: Warm up: (60 x 6) (60 x 6) (190 x 5)
    Bench Press: Warm up: Bar x 6 (95 x 6) (200 x 4)

One-arm Hammer Strength Row: (145 x 6)
    Incline DB press: (86.5 x 5)

Seated Pulley Row: (180 x 6)
    Cable Crossovers: (60 x 9)

DB shoulder press: (66.5 x 5)
    DB shrugs: (90 x 9)

Cable side laterals: (31.5 x 7)
    Bent-over cable laterals: (26.5 x 7)

CGBP: Warm up: Bar x 6 (165 x 6)
    BB curls: Warm up: Bar x 6 (30 x4)

Pulley Pushdown: (80 x 10)

NOTES - Today’s workout was awesome, so I give myself three stars. I used the wrist weights today, I was going to do incline DB press with 87.5lbs, but just couldn’t get it up. I’m cutting right now so on my off days I eat about 100g of carbs. So anyways, I lowered the wrist weights by 1lb to 1.5lbs. I had no problem after that. I left the wrist weights at 1.5lbs (each) and in addition to the incline Db press, I also used them on DB press, side laterals and bent over laterals. If you see an exercise with a low number next to it it means that it was done with one arm at a time. Man, I’m really glad I got the wrist weights - they made a huge difference! You wouldn’t think that 1.5lbs would be much, but it was, I could defiantly feel it. Next week I’m going to try and take it up to 2.0 lbs (if my wrist feels better).

Question: How much does the BB bar weight? I know a standard BP bar weights 45lbs. The BB bar is much shorter I noticed.

On the CGBP I went rather “light“ because last week I hurt my right wrist a little when the plates on the right side started to slowly slip of to the side, even though I had the collars on it.

Someone had sabotaged my Bench set up while I was doing the BB curl warm-ups.

(I do the exercises back to back, without any rest, as indicated above). This morning I was sure to check the collars on the bar before performing the CGBP. My wrist feels much better, last week I couldn’t even rotate it and I was afraid it was sprained but it doesn’t hurt now, although it does feel a little “funny” - so I decided to skip the dips and did pulley pushdowns instead. That‘s it for this section.

Crazy Cutting Cycle - This section here is very crucial. I’m using it to keep track of my progress to see how many pounds I have lost, the ultimate goal is to get down to 220lbs in 12 weeks (as indicated by the orange number on the 12th week). Think it can be done? I sure hope so! Weigh in occurs every Monday morning at 7am.
    • 1......235lbs
    • 12....220lbs

Marvelously Masticated Meals ©

Meal 1: 1 scoop of whey, 1 serving oatmeal
    Meal 2: 2.5 scoops of dextrose, 2 scoops of whey, 10g glutamine, 5g creatine
    Meal 3: 1 serving rice, 1 chicken breast, 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, flax seed oil
    Meal 4: 1 MRP, 1 serving oatmeal
    Meal 5: 1 serving rice, 1 chicken breast, 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, flax seed oil
    Meal 6: 1 MRP
    Meal 7: 1 chicken breast, 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, flax seed oil
    Meal 8: 1 scoop whey

Total number of calories: 3,123
    Total number of protein: 346g
    Total number of carbs: 250g

Swiftly Scarfed Supplements©:
    Protein powder - 4 scoops
    Flaxseed oil - 3 tbsp
    MRP - 2
    glutamine - 15g
    creatine - 5g
    Vitamin C - (4) 500mg
    Vitamin E - (2) 400IU
    Vit-B Complex - 1
    Multi-Vit. Pack - 1

NOTES - I again gave myself three stars again here because once again my diet was right on track. You probably have noticed that it’s only noon (at the time of this post) and yet I already have listed all of the meals for today. That’s right. Like I said the diet is the easiest part for me and I already have it all figured out, what I’m going to eat today. You also probably noticed that in my first post I talked about eating 5-6 meals a day, and yet right above you just read that I ate 8 times. This isn’t contradiction, however. I can explain all of this confusion. First of all, on workout days, Mondays and Thursdays, I eat a meal (protein shake, oatmeal) right before working out to give my energy and then I have a post workout shake. So that’s two extra meals right there. Also, I always wake up in the middle of the night to take a leak, and afterwards I drink a protein shake. And I don’t count that as a meal. If I didn’t wake up I wouldn’t drink the shake, I wouldn’t set my alarm clock to wake me up at 1am. Also, I kind of enjoy that midnight shake, gives me nice lucid dreams. I’d like to point out that on non training days I do eat 5-6 meals.

Recently Revived Remarks ©

So, you’ve decided to come back and check out my journal again, huh? I knew you would be back.

Swole Thanks for the comments. I thought I would spice things up a little after viewing my first post and seeing how boring it was. No wonder not many people responded to it. If I saw that post and how long and plain it looked, I would have stopped reading after like three sentences.

AstronautJones What‘s up, Astronaut Jones?

NateDogg Hey, what’s with the comment with Galileo in it? Lol. Am I supposed to be afraid of Galileo or something? I mean, what’s he gonna do? Call up his boys Copernicus, Kepler, and Brahe and come down here and teach me a lesson with his trusty telescope? I’m just kidding, Galileo! You’re a good guy. You’re all right. In fact, everyone on this site is all right, even the people who enjoy browsing the journal section without leaving any comments (yeah, you know who you are - look at you, you’re doing it right now)!

CoCoa Thanks for the spam! I’d like some more please!

Powerman Thanks for the reply, man, I appreciate it, especially your input on the wrist weights. I drove to the local Walmart to buy the wrist weights, they had several kind to choose from and it took me forever to pick a pair and I started to get irritated. That’s what I hate about shopping, every time I go in to buy something, doesn’t matter if it’s clothes, food, or wrist weights, it takes me forever, I must have been there for like thirty minutes, trying on three different pairs! They had these really nice Golds wrist weights, they just stretched over the wrist, but they were only 1 pound each. So I got a 5lb pair. Each wrist weight has 1-5 1/2lbs weights, so you can adjust the weight from .5 to 2.5lbs on each one.

I get the feeling that you don’t like Brzycki too much, huh? I noticed that you’re not a big fan of HIT, so maybe that has something to do with it, lol. I was just merely stating that I am willing to try HIT to see what kinds of results I can gain, I’m not trying in any way to convince people that they should do HIT. Notice that the question isn’t whether or not HIT is a good training method for others, the question is why is the HIT the method of choice for The Maestro. I will now list all the reasons why I chose to do HIT (with some of my own variations of course).

The Reasons are:

1) Genetics. Some people have better genetics than others. I am one of those people who was not blessed with good genetics. I will give you an example. Before I started doing HIT, I took a week off, actually I took two weeks off because I train every muscle once a week. So I took two weeks off, and when I came back to the gym my squat decreased by 30lbs. 30lbs!!! And I ate the same food, therefore eating the same amount of carbs and protein. I also slept the same. When you work out, does your body really know what muscles are being worked out? Or does it simply know that it’s being stressed? Lets say you work out 5 days a week, doing one muscle group a day. Is it fair to say that the person with better genetics will get better results following that split then a person who has weaker genetics (because of faster recovery time)? I think so. This is one of the reasons why I chose to train only two days a week now.

2) The next reason is that by doing only one set per exercise I am able to get more psyched up for it. For example, when I go to the gym with my notebook and I have written down that I’m going to do Incline DB Press with 85s, then I know that I only have one chance to do it, and I give everything I have into that one set.

3) I have tried a lot of different training splits, and I’m open minded into trying this one, too. When I first started working out I used to do the Flex workouts, then I switched to the ones from the Weider book, followed by Arnold’s split from his encyclopedia. (Yes, I know that they are all idiotic now.)

Makes sense? I am going to give this style of training six months, at the end of the six months I will compare my weight and my lifts, and if they have improved greatly I will continue training that way, if they haven’t, then I will simply make a new plan.

I'm peacing out, boys.

Disclaimer
    This online journal is provided by The Maestro on an "As Is" basis. Use of this journal is at the user's sole risk. The Maestro shall not be liable to any user of this journal or any other party for any loss of profits, loss of use, interruption of business, or any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. The materials, including titles, featured in this journal are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Information received through this journal may be displayed, reformatted, and printed for your personal, non-internet use only. You may not reproduce or retransmit the materials, in whole or in part, and then put into your own online journal in any manner, without the prior written consent of The Maestro.

Notice -The Maestro does not use smilies in his journal because all of the tags have been maxed out.
    Last edited by David; 02-26-2003 at 09:00 AM.

Re: Based on a True Story

I eat 5 or 6 times a day (clean meals still), but I’m not obsessed with food anymore, like I used to be. If I miss a meal it’s NO BIG DEAL. I’m no longer bothered by that, thinking that I HAVE to eat every 2 to 2.5 hours, nothing is going to happen if my next meal is going to be in 3 or EVEN 3.5 hours. Being able to eat whenever I want feels great, I actually feel like I have more power now.

Good.

[B
    NateDogg Hey, what’s with the comment with Galileo in it? Lol. Am I supposed to be afraid of Galileo or something? I mean, what’s he gonna do? Call up his boys Copernicus, Kepler, and Brahe and come down here and teach me a lesson with his trusty telescope? I’m just kidding, Galileo! You’re a good guy. You’re all right. In fact, everyone on this site is all right, even the people who enjoy browsing the journal section without leaving any comments (yeah, you know who you are - look at you, you’re doing it right now)!
    [/B]
    Galileo's journal is also quite interesting and very involved. It seems he has competition. Just my opinion.

Damn bro. How long does it take you to make a journal entry? Looks good, good luck with your goals.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Nice journal man. Looks like a billboard in Vegas. Now all you need is some showgirls.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

[SIZE=6.5]MONDAY (2-24-2003)[/SIZE]

(Star Rating System)
    • 0......All right. That‘s it. Someone please put me out of my misery and slip some hemlock into my protein shake, then drop a ten ton anvil on top of my head, after that throw me from a fifty foot bridge down onto the railroad tracks of an oncoming locomotive while man-eating bears with lasers on top of their heads await for my doom.

The Split

Leg ext.: Warm up: 45lbs x 12

Squat: Warm up: Bar x 6 (95 x 6) (155 x 4)

Leg Press: Warm up: 1 plate x 12 (45x4+35 = 3)

Hack Squat: (105 x 10)

Laying one legged curls: Warm up: 45 x 12 (90 x 12)

Standing one legged curls: (80 x 6)

Sitting calve raises: Warm up: 120 x 10 (200 x 7, 170 x 6, 140 x 6)

NOTES - To begin with, I rated my workout today with two stars because I felt like I had no energy. No energy at all I repeat! I guess that's what happens when I am cutting and restrict carbs. On a couple of exercises I had to reduce the weight big time What I have found out the hard way is that leg day requires a lot of carbs! As a result, my workout suffered a little because I was unable to use more weight. However, I think I did all right with the situation (diet wise) I am in. I understand that it's not possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. I did a drop set for my calves, which really made them burn nicely. I am still unsatisfied with my squat. I use a wide stance, putting my heals on 5lb plates, and I squat deep - all the way. I remember doing 3 plates on each side on the smith machine. I used to use the smith machine on a lot of exercises which I won't even mention...but I have stopped using it. That thing is so evil. You wouldn't think that it's so evil because of the way it looks, but it's evil all right, kinda like clowns.

Are they really that happy on the inside?

I will tell you one thing, though, once I am done with this cutting phase, which might not even take 12 weeks, I am going to hit the carbs and squat harder then Roman Polanski hits on underaged girls.

Question: How much does the Barbell bar for curling weight? I know a standard BP bar weights 45lbs. The BB bar is much shorter I noticed. I need clarification on this.

Crazy Cutting Cycle - This section here is very crucial. I’m using it to keep track of my progress to see how many pounds I have lost, the ultimate goal is to get down to 220lbs in 12 weeks (as indicated by the orange number on the 12th week). Think it can be done? I sure hope so! Weigh in occurs every Monday morning at 7am.
    • 1......235lbs
    • 2...... 222lbs
    • 12....220lbs

Meal 3: 1 serving rice, 1 chicken breast, 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, flax seed oil
    Meal 5: 1 serving rice, 1 chicken breast, 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, flax seed oil

Flaxseed oil - 3 tbsp
    MRP - 2
    glutamine - 15g
    creatine - 5g
    Vitamin C - (4) 500mg
    Vitamin E - (2) 400IU
    Vit-B Complex - 1
    Multi-Vit. Pack - 1

NOTES - Diet again was right on track. The diet you see above is typically what I eat on training days. My non training diet looks pretty much the same, although it is important I think to point out that I eat about half the carbs, but the protein stays about the same.

I kind of like a cutting diet, compared to a bulking diet, because I eat less, and spend less time on eating, although I don't like the lack of energy. I have always thought that carbs were over rated, but now I realized that carbs are good!

I did a weigh in today and was very surprised to find myself at 222lbs (wasn't soaking wet because I had a towel wrapped around).

"Hmmmmmm, 235 to 222 in seven days sounds a little fishy", you say?

No shintock!

I agree. I don't know how to explain it. I mean what do you want me to say? I KNOW that I didn't lose 13lbs of fat in seven days. My guess is that like half of that was water weight, the other half fecal matter and that leaves the fat....although I'm not exactly sure how much fat that is, that is why you see I am weighing myself once a week for a couple of weeks, to get an average I guess. I will say that my pants seem a little looser now and although I can't see my 6-pack, I can see some lines in there.

Maybe I originally wasn't 235lbs to begin with?

Maybe I was 230lbs? Oh, who cares. The only thing that matters is that my weight has gone down.

All I can say with 100% certainity is that I'm dropping more pounds then J Lo has dropped boyfriends.

Hey - look at you, you're back checking out the journal again. LOL. Wondering what I've been up to eh?

Well read on!

What do you think of the new icon located by the remarks? If you don't want to get poked like the philsbury dough boy I suggest you leave a comment.

BTW, the above comment was meant in a non sexul way....unless you are a girl reading this, but that is a whole diffrent story.

Ritzol Thanks for the lengthy response. I really appreciated it and I was wondering if maybe you could elaborate on it a little. Just joking, "Sugar Rachie!" You're the greatest feel free to post in my journal any time.

AstronautJones Earth to Astronaut Jones?

NateDogg Hey, I agree Galielo's journal is awesome and interesting, but this "competition" you speak of is rather silly. I mean competition is good and all, but not on an online journal forum where people post their feelings and thoughts. There is no competiton on here as far as I'm concerned.

JustinF Hey a new poster, thanks for the comment. It takes about 10min to make a journal entry. Alls I do is "edit/delete", put in the new data and respond to the comments, and "copy/paste" it. Sounds easy, huh? Well it can get tricky (sometimes), I mean the layout is over four pages long.

ericg Hi, what's up? Thanks for the compliment. This doesn't have to do anything with showgirls, actually this doesn't have to to with anything at all, but I will talk about it anyways because this is my journal after all, my brother's friend gave him a web link that shows this girl from our school (who graduated last year) giving this guy a BJ!! Mommy and daddy are sooooooooooo proud, I bet. I'm looking at the year book right now and looking at her pic on the website. Can you say "sko"? LOL. PM me if you want the address.

At this point I'd like to talk about what I've been up to.

Not much.

I have this whole week off and all I'm gonna do is study study and study!

Today I went job hunting. Went to the restaurant, "Cooker" that's like 3min away from me and I got a job application there. The girl working there told me to come back "Between 2 and 4pm". So I'm there at like 2 tomorrow to turn it in.

My bro and I also went over to the mall to look for jobs.

Oh man - so many MILFs there! I kid you not!

Damn!

I don't think MILFs work. Seriously. The place was crowded with them. Anyways, we made our way through the mall, visited my bro's girlfriend who works at "Dapy", where even with her discount everything still costs more then it does at Walmart or Target.

Before moving on we went to the Discovery store where I sat for like 10min on one of those vibrating chairs. I wasn't looking to buy, just to test out their products you see. I think that if I get a job at the mall they will be seeing a lot more of me there.

We also got applications at Sharper Image. Now that's a cool store I'd like to work at, so many cool electronic toys there. They are hiring "sales associates". I think I might have to polish up my social skills a little. I mean I can't just go in and be like "HEY, MAN, BUY THIS KEY CHAIN LOCATER OR I BREAK YOUR FACE!" LOL.

My brother was like "hey, you apply at Cooker and I'll apply at Sharper Image because they won't hire two brothers here." I was like WTF.

WTF?

I'm gonna apply at both! Sucker! I'm gonna apply at both and then give him a swirley when he comes back home! LOL

I'm peacing out, boys.

Disclaimer
    This online journal is provided by The Maestro on an "As Is" basis. Use of this journal is at the user's sole risk. The Maestro shall not be liable to any user of this journal or any other party for any loss of profits, loss of use, interruption of business, or any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. The materials, including titles, featured in this journal are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Information received through this journal may be displayed, reformatted, and printed for your personal, non-internet use only. You may not reproduce or retransmit the materials, in whole or in part, and then put into your own online journal in any manner, without the prior written consent of The Maestro.

Notice -The Maestro does not use smilies in his journal because all of the tags have been maxed out.
    Last edited by David; 02-26-2003 at 01:32 PM.

lol isnt that overdoing things a little?

That isn't you in the picture by the recently revived remarks...... is it?????

[QUOTE]

(Star Rating System)All right. That‘s it. Someone please put me out of my misery and slip some hemlock into my protein shake, then drop a ten ton anvil on top of my head, after that throw me from a fifty foot bridge down onto the railroad tracks of an oncoming locomotive while man-eating bears with lasers on top of their heads await for my doom.
    [QUOTE]

I can get you an anvil!

Workout is looking pretty good bro. We all have those off days where we feel weak, don't worry about it.
    I believe the barbell that you are reffering to is 30 pounds.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Man....those are interesting journal entries. With my short attention span, I get caught up looking at all the pretty graphics and don't pay attention to.............(Homer Simpson voice)...pretty stars!......spinny stars!

Just kidding. Nice journal!
    "If we're all God's children....what's so special about Jesus?" - Jimmy Carr

"The only difference between a dead skunk lying in the road and a dead lawyer lying in the road is that there are skid marks around the skunk."
    Patrick Murray.

Don't mistake kindness for weakness.

[SIZE=6.5]THURSDAY (2-27-2003)[/SIZE]

(Star Rating System)

The Split

Lat pulldown: Warm up: (60 x 6) (60 x 6) (180 x 5)
    Bench Press: Warm up: Bar x 6 (95 x 6) (200 x 4)

One-arm Hammer Strength Row: (135 x 6)
    Incline DB press: (86.5 x 5)

Seated Pulley Row: (180 x 6)
    Cable Crossovers: (61.5 x 10)

DB shoulder press: (66.5 x 3)

Cable side laterals: (31.5 x 10)
    Bent-over cable laterals: (26.5 x 7)

CGBP: Warm up: Bar x 6 (158 x 6)
    DB incline curls: Warm up: 20s x 6 (31.5 x4)

NOTES - O.K. Today is Friday so why the hell does it say Thursday above? I'll tell you why. I was gonna post yesterday but my stupid brother wouldn't let me on, so finally I was like screw it I'll do it tomorrow. But pretend it's still Thursday today.

Anyways, eating less carbs has forced me to use less weight on certain exercises, I especially noticed this on the DB shoulder press. Also, my right wrist still feels funny on certain exercises...so I guess it must be sprained because it's been feeling this way for like three weeks now.

I just work around it. For example, I skipped the DB shrugs. I didn't think that having 90s pulling on my arms was such a good idea, with the situation I am in.

Quick note on the wrist weights. Man, I love these things! They kick ass, I'm going to start doing all upper body exercises with these babies on.

Oh yeah, and I gave myself two stars because my friggin' wrist hurts and I didn't have that much energy.

The thing is, I can really feel them when they are on, even when I have them set to only 1.5lbs each. Like if I do DB shoulder press with the wrist weights and a DB, and then I take them off, and just do the press with the DBs, they feel MUCH lighter, even though it's not even that much.

Man I love fooling my body like that! I am such a Dualist, lol.

Question: My new dip belt just came in like 10min ago, and I am wondering how exactly do I wear it? When I put it on, it falls of, do I just take the chain and put it through the loop and then back to the other loop and close it? Double or single loop it? I can understand single looping it and doing dips at an angle (for the chest), I can see how it won't fall of then...but what about doing dips with my body being straight (triceps). What about chin-ups? People I need to know these kinds of things.

• 1......235lbs
    • 2...... 222lbs
    • 12....220lbs

Flaxseed oil - 3 tbsp
    MRP - 2
    glutamine - 15g
    creatine - 5g
    Vitamin C - (4) 500mg
    Vitamin E - (2) 400IU
    Vit-B Complex - 1
    Multi-Vit. Pack - 1

NOTES - Nothing new here. Been eating the same food and same amount of calories. Diet was perfect once again. For me the diet part is easier then the training part.

Much easier.

I don't really have that much to say in this section right now, so on with the next section!

Back again, eh?

All right, before I respond to all of the replies I must say that I am in great pain right now. Exteme pain. Pain so painful that just reading this next section you will be in pain. That's pretty painful.

My right testicle is ******* killing me!

I know it sounds funny but it is true.

Here's the lowdown:

I was laying on my bed (on my back) reading about the new C6 (500hp BTW) in the latest issue of Motor Trend that I have just received the other day, when I decided to get up and to go to the bathroom to take care of some business....and when I got up all of a sudden I felt this immense pain shooting right near where my boys hang.

I then carefully made my way to the bathroom, taking small steps and making sure I didn't apply any weight to my right leg. Once I arrived in the bathroom I proceeded to do #1...and I thought I was going to pass the **** out!!!

You see I was seeing stars, big bright ones, feeling dizzy, feeling like I was going to sell the Buick, the whole nine yards - I was holding on to the walls and everything.

So now I'm on here writing the latest entry in my journal and then I'm going to work on my philospohy paper.

What do you guys think it could be???

I don't think it's a hernia.

All I did this morning before the dreadful incident was 20min of light cardio and some ab work. Man I can't even walk up, or now that I think about it, even walk down stairs, because it hurts so much.

I hope it's not what Tom Green had. Hope it's not cancer. You don't think it's cancer, do you?? I hope not. But I thought that cancer was painless, wasnt it? I mean with cancer there's lumps but it doens't hurt? Would my testosterone levels go down if they chop off one of my boys???
    OH man that just hurt thinking about it.

I heard on Love Phones that sometimes one of the testicles "twists" somehow. Maybe that's what happened.
    I hope it's nothing serious. Who am I kidding of course it could be serious, I mean a guy's boys don't just start hurting for no good reason.

ANYWAYS - I'm just going to take it easy for now and just chill...and if the situation doesn't improve by tomorrow I'm going to go see a doctor.

And if you bastards don't hear from me next week it's because I'm dead.

Exnor Man I'm in so much pain right now what are you talking about overdoing it? Overdoing what? The journal? As you can see it's all divided into small sections: training, diet, notes, etc. Also, if you notice that OWWWWWWWWWWWWW **** it hurts!!!! Must....go...on to next...reply.......

Ritzol You have no idea how much pain I am in right now because you are a girl, but no, thats not me by the recent remarks.....that's me in the avatar. MWAHAHAOOWWWWWWWHAHA!

Mik **** Sweet mother of OWWWWW Thanks for the "anvil comment" Yeah I think it's very appropriate at this time!! And yes please put me out of my misery!

JustinF Hey - thanks for the answer on how much the BB weights. I knew it was somewhere between 15 - 40lbs. Anyways, I stopped doing BB curls for now and have switched to Incline DB curls.

JD77 Hi, what's up? Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I know exactly what You'r talking about, about seeing those stars. Let me tell you, I was seeing a lot of them eariler this morning!

I'm gonna go curl up into a little ball right now and fall asleep, hoping that when I wake up the terrible pain will go away.

I'm peacing out in pain, boys.

Disclaimer

Last edited by David; 02-28-2003 at 12:42 PM.

You're right, I don't have any idea how much pain you're in because I have no testicles. However, you have no idea how much pain I go through every month. On that note, I'm sure you will be fine..... after all I'm still alive and look at all the times you told me if I didn't go to the doctor I was going to die.. You are so drama oriented sometimes.

Go punch the wall..... then your hand will hurt. =)

[SIZE=6.5]MONDAY (3-24-2003)[/SIZE]

(Star Rating System)
    • 3......Excellent Work, TripleP!

The Split
    • M - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    • W - Quads, Hams, Calves
    • Th - Muscle Repair & recovery
    • F - Back, Traps, Biceps

WARM UP: *2 BB Bench Press

BB Bench Press: (185 x 6) (185 x 4)
    DB Incline Press: (70 x 6) (70 x 5)

Cable Crossovers: (60 x 7)
    Dips: (BW x 9)

WARM UP: *1 DB Shoulder Press
    DB Shoulder Press: (50 x 6) (50 x 5)
    Cable side laterals: (30 x 6)

Pulley Pushdown: (65 x 7)
    Dips: (BW x 6)

T echnique - Not bad, but my right wrist still feels kind of funny.
    R est - About 1 min in between each exercise.
    I ntensity - 85%
    P rogression - No progression.
    L ength - Quick, 35min.
    E nergy - 80%
    P erformance - 80%

NOTES - All right, so I have hurt my wrist again and I took another whole week off. Since my wrist doesn’t hurt as much as today, but still feels funny, I decided not to lift as heavy as possible. By next week I should be able to lift the usual. There were a lot of people in the gym today because I went at 3:30, I usually go in the morning. I’m glad that I went though, I thought I was going to go crazy - not being in the gym for such a long time (ha like over a week). If my stupid wrist wasn’t so funked up I would have lifted a lot more!

Total number of calories: Who cares?
    Total number of protein: I‘ll figure it out later!
    Total number of carbs: Read above!

Flaxseed oil - 3 tbsp
    MRP - 2
    glutamine - 15g (container is slowly coming to an end and I don’t think I’m going to reorder)
    creatine - 5g
    Vitamin C - (4) 500mg
    Vitamin E - (2) 400IU
    Vit-B Complex - 1
    Multi-Vit. Pack - 1

NOTES - Been eating the usual TripleP diet - rice, oatmeal, chicken and eggs, nothing new here. Sometimes this food makes me really sick, because it tastes so horrible! But I must continue eating this way because I know it’s good for me!

I must!

*throws up*

Now that it’s getting warmer outside eating chicken and egg whites with rice and ketchup and flaxseed oil makes me wanna gag. Wannagagup.com is how I feel right now!

All right that’s it for this section right now.

Two sections down, one more to go!

Guten Tag!

I'm back
    I'm back in the saddle again
    I'm back
    I'm back in the saddle again!

That’s right, WBB, TripleP is back! (by popular demand)!

I haven’t been up to much…or maybe I have…who knows…who cares? No one really does, why don’t you bastards post a reply in my journal once in a while? Sometimes I have questions I’d like to have answered, you know what I mean, man?

Well, I have to get going - I just got back from the gym and I need to take a sexy shower before heading off to hell (chemistry class)!

Ritzol Hey, you - thanks for replying to my journal. I’m not sure what you meant by your last comment though?

That slams the lid on yet another successful journal entry, mates, but not to worry! I’ll be stuffing my belly with chicken and rice and before I can put my fork down and take a sip from my trusty water bottle, I’ll be back with another installment of Based on a True Story! Cherrio!

Disclaimer
    This online journal is provided by TripleP on an "As Is" basis. Use of this journal is at the user's sole risk. TripleP shall not be liable to any user of this journal or any other party for any loss of profits, loss of use, interruption of business, or any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind. The materials, including titles, featured in this journal are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Information received through this journal may be displayed, reformatted, and printed for your personal, non-internet use only. You may not reproduce or retransmit the materials, in whole or in part, and then put into your own online journal in any manner, without the prior written consent of TripleP.

Notice -TripleP does not use smilies in his journal because all of the tags have been maxed out.

Do that voodoo that he do
    Damn, bra, you put in some serious writing time.

How do you like the one set routine now that you've been on it for a while?

Also, how do you keep hurting your wrist?

This is good entertainment. I'll be back more often.