Thread: westside barbell club routine

Wannabebig Member Podium Kreatin's Avatar

westside barbell club routine

has anyone who tried this and got results answer some qs? i'm reading the bench article (the one about benching over 500) and i'm gonna give it a try.

1) they have a speed day; this seems to have tons of reps. does this get you very sore? i'm doign sports, i want to develop power but not be too sore for my practices

2) how soon would i see results? i'm 5'4 150lbs and i can bench 235lbs, 275 is my goal.

plz reply, i havne't been lifting for a while cuz of school and sports
    "No one can completely believe that I am natural.
    The most important drug is to train like a madman
    -really like a madman
    The people who accuse me are those who have never trained once in their life as I train every day of my life."

Alexandr Karelin
    Ten-time World Greco-Roman Champion
    1988, 1992, 1996 Olympic gold medalist

current stats (10/19/03): 20yrs, M, 5'4 @160lbs, ~11% body fat
    lifted since march 2000

decease, RIP
    check the journals everyone is doing it. latman, powerman, paul stagg, monstar, hercule... I think they saw results very fast, like the first 1-2weeks, hope that helps.
    big.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    As an athlete, there are other articles at elitefts.com that you should be reading. It isn't beneficial to you to bust your ass in the gym and at practice. One will falter while the other succeeds. You would be better off doing your workouts on "off" days. You won't see the same results as some of us, but you have to take into account your sports.

That said, you will see good results. The routine is solid.

First off, speed day (DE effort day), doesn't really have tons of reps. You are doing 10 sets of 2 reps, which really isn't much. I, for one do not really get sore from the DE effort work, but perhaps from the assistance work. Results will vary from person to person. I am just now finishing up week 1 and to be honest, can't tell a difference, but one thing I am going to do is cut out direct tricep work for a week, I think that may be the problem with my decrease in bench strength. Good luck!

Wannabebig Member Podium Kreatin's Avatar
    yea, i just tried the dead/squat routien, it doesn't seem like im gonna be sore.
    "No one can completely believe that I am natural.
    The most important drug is to train like a madman
    -really like a madman
    The people who accuse me are those who have never trained once in their life as I train every day of my life."

Alexandr Karelin
    Ten-time World Greco-Roman Champion
    1988, 1992, 1996 Olympic gold medalist

current stats (10/19/03): 20yrs, M, 5'4 @160lbs, ~11% body fat
    lifted since march 2000

One thing though, you SHOULD be sore after a ME day. I always am. Remember, Max effort means MAXIMUM, not sort of or medium. THis is something I need to apply to myself. Hold nothing back, and don't try to leave any gas in the tank. GOod luck with westside
    Last edited by Hercule; 02-16-2003 at 03:39 PM.