The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Me so tired........

Ok, this all may sound stupid but I wanted to get some input on this. I've been in intense Soccer Training for the Season coming up and have hardly had time to get in the gym. (like once a week) Well when I weighed myself last week, (this is on a set doctor's scale mind you) I weighed at about 158 and my Bench was FINALLY up to 275 [woohoo 2 45's and a 25 ]. (haven't changed sig. yet) This week I went in and weighed at 150.5 and I feel extremely weak and tired. I'm very cut ab-wise, but the power just isn't there. I have worked 80 hours these past few weeks on top of soccer practice and been out with my girl late a couple of times. BUT, do any of you know what I could do to get my energy back? Protein? Carbs? Sugg.'s on how often to eat and what types of food? Thanks in advance.
    Weight: 194.0 lbs.Height: 5' 11"
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:
    Put on size and git Strong(er)
    Raw Goals: 450 Squat, 365 Bench, 570 Deadlift

"Weak points come from not doing the things you suck at doing." -Dave Tate

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wow, and I was looking forward to hearing replies when I got home...
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

Try sleeping. That normally gets energy back into me. Other then that, yes carbs will give you some more energy (seeing as that's the purpose of them). An ECA stack will also give you energy as well.. but chances are, like I said, sleep is what you need. Body needs to rest, not be tricked into believing that it's not tired by diet or drugs.
    LaLa

You need to eat your calories man ! I feel like that too when im not eating well (6 meal) per day... later dude!Eat Carbs and Prot...

Thanks for the input guys. I really do think it is sleep so that's what I'm about to do. But tonight I felt really dizzy and almost fainted when i was talking to my girl. She was like, "what's wrong, your shaking all over." And I said, "I don't know," and almost passed out right there. Anymore sugg's on how to solve this are welcomed.
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

the fainting may be due to really low blood sugar? you definately need to eat more, and dont work so damn much! 80 hours is ridiculous. how much sleep are you getting a night? i dont see how it could be more than 4 or 5, if thats the case youre risking some serious health issues

Wannabebig New Member
    Hmmm, normaly i wouldn't worry , but if your fainting, i would get yourself of to the Doc's and get checked out, As others stated, it could be low bllod sugar, or could be the on set of Diabetes in which sugars and starch are not properly absorbed into your body. I would put that getting tested as a Vwery high priority, as you don't wanna pass out with a 50lbs dumbbell hangging over your head. One question how often do you eat? when your hungry? or 6-7 small meals per day? this could also be the reason. Lack of sleep can also effect us all in different way's and working 80 hours is pushing yourself to much. I wouldn't recomend you start going out and buying N.R.G suppliments to throw down your neck just yet, or at least not until you find out whats causing your weakness and dizzy/fainting spells, Not to worry you Bor, but what happens if you pass out while driving? Think about it.

Don't mean to worry you, but get yourself checked, it could be nothing or it could be the early warning signs that you need to slow down and take it easy for a while.

Good luck with the testing and hope all is OK

Peace

Ironeater
    Give me one more rep or i'll fart on yer head!

Thanks guys. And I know 80 hours of work every 2 weeks is a lot with school and soccer, and your right I'm averaging(sp) 4-5 hours of sleep a night, save last night when I got 8. I was thinking about going to see a doctor about this, but I think it's a waste of money and 'hoping' it will go away soon. I only eat when I'm hungry, which isn't much because I work at a Sonic Drive-in and i eat for free because I"m a Crew Leader, and it grosses me out. What about that 6 meals a day deal? I've heard of people eatting a lot during the day for weight training, but damn. I have started drinking Mega Whey Protein shakes with 40 g's of protein also.

Something up here ^ a problem?
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    Hey, if your shaking like that and your always on the run, id have to agree with the low blood sugar. I gots a full plate like you with school (30hr), work(40hr), girl(anytime I can get), homework(20hr), freelance(5-10hr) and everything is like 100+hr week...and then there was my training time!

lots of apples/banannas/yogurt to get sugars into the blood for energy!
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

you definately should be eating 6 meals a day, especially if youre training and playing soccer. make some healthy meaty sammiches to take with you along with some fruit. get a decent shaker bottle for protein shakes on the go. tons of ways to add food to your "on the go" lifestyle.