Thread: Gatorade Energy Bars

Gatorade Energy Bars

Are the Gatorade Energy bars worth having before or after a workout? I'm pretty rushed at times and sometimes I don't really get a chance to get home and eat before working out, so I figured it would be a good idea to find something I can eat that doesn't have to be prepared..

I've never tried them, so I don't know how they compare to Powerbar/Clif Bar/MetRx bars.

Their website didn't have a lotta info about it, other than 7g protein. I'll pick some up at the store and try them out though.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

I tried Powerbars before and they were the most awful thing that I have ever tried to eat.

I eat the Protien MRPs but I was eating this for carbs.

Also, are these Cliff Bar/MetRX bars good & better than powerbars tastewise? Gatorade may have put a bit too much sugar into it, I dunno...
    Last edited by KingJustin; 02-14-2003 at 06:12 AM.

If you're going for taste, go with Detour. It's the best tasting barnone.

Well, as long as its barable I look for nutrition. Powerbars really weren't.

Originally posted by Bizatch
    Well, as long as its barable I look for nutrition. Powerbars really weren't.
    I like Nitrotech Bars, Labrada Carb Watchers, and I haven't yet tried the elusive Detour Bar Everywhere they are sold out. Guess I should order some online. You can get the small versions of the Labrada bars at Wal-Mart now for like $1.30.

I would just check out the sugar content and also what type of protein that each bar contains.

Wannabebig New Member
    I eat Bioprotein bars, I don't really know much about them but people have told met hat the're very good and they feel pretty good.