Thread: How much milk is too much?

How much milk is too much?

How much of what kind of milk do you guys drink. I have at least 32oz of 1% everday, sometimes more. I know milk is high in sugar, I just wanted to know what would be an optimum amount and what would be overboard.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

For a period of about two months I was doing 1.5 gallons of vitamin D milk a day. Only harm was in the bathroom.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Can you post some nutritional info on Vit D milk Chase?
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin...5%20milkfatxyz

As long as you count the daily cals toward your total then you should be fine. Unless of course you are lactose intolerant which shouldn't be a concern for you if you are drinking 32oz. a day.
    Last edited by bradley; 02-18-2003 at 02:34 AM.

Re: How much milk is too much?

Originally posted by Manveet
    How much of what kind of milk do you guys drink?
    I drink 20oz (2.5 cups) of skim milk each day.
    Last edited by aka23; 02-18-2003 at 11:01 AM.

Don't worry about milk... I drink about 3L of skim milk a day... 3/4 of a gallon.
    Last edited by Workhorse; 02-18-2003 at 12:34 PM.
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Too much milk is when you drink so much that you just barf it back up. Barring that your fine....
    w00t

Thanks for the replies people. I was just thinking about milk and sugar intake.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Well I was under the impression that the lactose sugar in Milk was a slower-releasing, lower GI sugar than fructose or dextrose........

Anyways, I was drinking anywhere from a quart to a half gallon/day of 1% or 2% when I was bulking. Now that I'm cutting, I only drink it 2 or 3 times/week.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee