Thread: 1-15 Meet Results

1-15 Meet Results

Here is my first meet result. I just pasted this from my journal so everyone could read it. Since hardly anyone looks at my journal. Thanks to those who do.

I woke up at 6 and got about 8.5 hours of sleep. I had a Metrx bar and a glass of milk. I weighed in at 168, just enough to get me in the 168lb. class. It was a powerlifting meet for class C through 2A. Really, to me this was only a learning experience and preparation for things to come.

Squat - 285/305/320 - This was mostly just guessing in the dark, I didn't want to go to high. 285 was without wraps, and was probably actually tougher to hit the right depth than 305 and 320 with wraps.

Bench (raw) - 195/205/230 (missed) - This was very discouraging. My ego got too large and I went to heavy. I should have went 205/215/225, and I probably will If I go to the state meet on Fri.

Deadlift (chalk) - 365/385/400 - This went pretty good. I took second, but I still feel like I could've pullled 405-410. I pulled all these attempts with conventional form. The guy who beat me in this pulled 405 after I had already put down 400.

TOTAL:925
    I placed in the 168's. I had a really fun time. EDIT: my next meet was supposed to be this Friday. It would have been like a four hour drive. As of now I won't be going. I'm pretty sure I pulled muscles in the lower right part of my back.I couldn't even pull what I opened with yestarday (365). I really wanted to go, because I was sure that I would be able to raise my total on all three lifts.
    Squat - 505
    Bench - 325
    Deadlift - 550
    Total - 1380@175

Sounds like ya had a blast! You did great lifting
    After a meet its good to take a few days off or go really light since they really wreak havoc on your body.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style