The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: A hypocrite?

A hypocrite?

Ok, let me start off by saying that I'm in no way, shape or form a religious person.

Having said that, there's a guy at my gym who really disturbs me. He wears thong underwear and he has a really digusting tan that he obviously tries to maintain. Now this might sound like your normal pretty-boy curl jockey, but this guy is a priest.

Now as I said, I'm not a religious person, but isn't vanity one of the seven deadly sins? I mean, I can understand this guy lifting weights. It makes you healthy, and there is nothing wrong with that. However, tanning? Who is he trying to impress? And the thong underwear? First off all, this guy is old as hell, and secondly, that seems like pretty inappropriate attire for a "man of God."

Anyway, I just wanted to hear some opinions on this. Am I totally off by thinking this guy is a hypocrite?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I didn't know that clothing used to hide a persons privates can be inapropriate.
    Last edited by Maki Riddington; 02-19-2003 at 05:06 PM.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

That's just the thing, Maki. The clothing used to "hide" his privates doesn't hide a damn thing. It's flat out nasty. I've always been under the impression that men who wear thong underwear consider themselves as "players" or "ladies men."

For tanning, I can't be certain that he does so for vanity. He's dark as hell, and I can't think of any other reason he would do so?

The priest doing those things is a little odd.

However, if you've got a problem with men's thongs and men tanning...

"Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

No, I never said I had a problem with them. In fact, I'd love to start wearing thongs and tanning my ass to ash once I finish this cut, as I'm leaving for college this summer and my goal is to BE a ladies man.

I was just wondering if I was off by thinking this guy has vanity issues, seeing as he's a priest and all.

3 Time World Champion
    Well , if he combs his hair that could be consider vanity...looking and feeling good about yourself is not a big deal at all....if his actions are showing him acting "UnGodly" then you can have a leg to stand on.....

How does it impact your life? Does he walk around in public in the thong, or just in the gym changeroom, because generally people will walk around naked in there too, so would that bother you as well?

Maybe he is more comfortable wearing it. Don't go to his church if you want, but you don't really have any right to judge him as a bad priest.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

its funny...hehehe, priest with a thong, well the church does attract many homosexuals, so its rather natural.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

><))))))*>
    Originally posted by Rock
    its funny...hehehe, priest with a thong, well the church does attract many homosexuals, so its rather natural.
    I was wondering when someone would say something like that

How do you equate homosexuals with thongs?
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel." - Homer Simpson

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Just because he's a priest doesn't mean that he's not a human being...some guys like thongs, some people like to tan...it's not like he's running a bordello or something.

As for the seven deadly sins: greed, lust, wrath, laziness, gluttony, conceit, and envy. Conceit is excessive appreciation of one's own worth or virtue, not feeling good about yourself, knowing how you like to dress and what you like to look like.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

I've been digging that "wrath" one lately, and gluttony seems cool too.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Yeah, glutony and lust =
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    it's only a sin if you do it for sake of vainity. Like if he just feels more comfortable in a thong and that is why he wears it then it is not a sin. But if he does it to show everyone his ass then it is a sin. The tanning is harder to explain. But it is all about the spirit of the act.
    w00t

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Pride has always been my sin. Sin of Lucifer, too. I'm in good company.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Man, some of you guys need to ease up. I wasn't calling the guy satan or anything, I was just saying that it seemed like very odd behavior for a priest. Of course this has no impact on me whatsoever, I just wanted some opinions. Next time I'll bring the crowbar.

Maybe he just enjoys tanning (some people find it peaceful lying in those things, listening to the humm with nothing to do..), and maybe he just finds thongs comfie.

Or maybe he is satan. Who knows? Either way, priests are people, they aren't perfect. Taking pride in the way you look isn't that big a deal in the sin book (yeah, vanity is one of the deadly sins, but I'm thinking that's too a different degree.. right?)

And the last priest that was in my gym interrupted my workout for probably 10 minutes because he thought he should teach me the errors of my ways.. pretty much calling me evil cause at the time I had two piercings and a tattoo... kept saying that one day I'd find God and all that. Didn't even ask if I was religious or not, just assumed everything about me.
    LaLa

3 Time World Champion
    Nights we agree about something......