The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

David Duke gets what he deserves

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

3 Time World Champion
    Well, let's wait to make sure they send him to a "real" prison first....but yes makes me think "You reap what you sow".........

"You never know, there might be someone out there who wants to kill David Duke to get notoriety like the guy who killed John Lennon," McPherson said.

how can they compare this scum bag to John Lennon ?!?
    Anything is possible, just most likely improbable

'' If I cant be part of the greatest, I gotta be the greatest myself '' - Busta Rhymes

Yeah... thats true.

He might get sent to some 'easy' prison. either way, this serves in discrediting him further...

3 Time World Champion
    Maybe OJ will get him?

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Yes, the karma bus does drive 'round in circles.

Now I hope the Enron execs who stole the company blind get what's coming to them to...

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

3 Time World Champion
    I second that thought IceRgrrl.....not only Enron but every corporate board and executives that make millions a year, running a company in the ground then laying off thousands of people to protect 'their' bonus......it makes me sick!

Originally posted by Sledgehammer
    I second that thought IceRgrrl.....not only Enron but every corporate board and executives that make millions a year, running a company in the ground then laying off thousands of people to protect 'their' bonus......it makes me sick!
    It makes me want to become a corporate executive.

Way below radar
    It wasn't only Enron, it was WorldComm, Global Crossings, and others. You and I would go to jail for shoplifting a shirt, but CEO's are getting away with stealing millions, screwing the company, the employees, the stockholders, and the public. Then there are the execs who have a knack for dumping thousands of shares of their company stock just before the company makes an announcement that will cause the stock price the plummet...hmmm, coincidence? I think not.

Incidentally, the report on the Enron fiasco came out this week...but have we heard anything about it in the news media?

--Robert Frost

Adrenaline is my anti-drug TommyLee's Avatar
    "We feel that David could potentially be a target in prison for people who may have a grudge against him,"

I find this statement to be pretty funny. Everyone that goes to prison will inevitably have enemies. Isn't that apart of the reason people don't want to go to prison? If these fears didn't cross his mind when he was breaking laws then why should these fears be a consideration in prefered treatment. I'm sure that if I were to ever end up in prison there would be black people that don't like me. Not that I'm a racist but because I'm white. Does that allow me to have special treatment? NO! I hope he gets multiple Ass rapings daily. He's gonna be a Biatch!

Originally posted by IceRgrrl

Incidentally, the report on the Enron fiasco came out this week...but have we heard anything about it in the news media?
    Actually I have heard something about how they paid something like 80 Million dollars to various high profile companies to help them illegally worm out of billions in taxes. I geuss there were scemes in place that were so elaborate that I.R.S. officials couldn't even figure them out.

I don't get what the big deal is. Now if he would have broken some law or something to do with race then I would say theres justice. I think you need a lesson in poetic justise, cause this doesn't seem it. Though I could be wrong cause I don't know what the fraud charges are,.
    With 15 months and fraud he will end up in a level 1 or 2 prison, probably be all right. Plus I dount the they would let anything hapen to him, to avoid racial tension.
    I don't know his history, they saw he also pissed off whites, but I would think he would be a hero in there, with plenty of backing. Every white guy I've talked to from prison hates blacks, there so many in there.

bone crusher
    It wasn't only Enron, it was WorldComm, Global Crossings, and others. You and I would go to jail for shoplifting a shirt, but CEO's are getting away with stealing millions, screwing the company, the employees, the stockholders, and the public. Then there are the execs who have a knack for dumping thousands of shares of their company stock just before the company makes an announcement that will cause the stock price the plummet...hmmm, coincidence? I think not.

i know moll, absolutely OUTRAGEOUS!

Way below radar
    I honestly feel more personally threatened by US citizens like these crook CEO's and the political system that allowed deregulation AND is letting these criminals skulk off scott free than I do by foreign terrorists. The stock market and financial markets have a daily and long-term impact on my life via interest rates, retirement investment performance, job growth/creation, etc. I can't believe that there was not an outcry from the people of this country to give the bastards what they deserve.

The same disgust goes for CEO's who get paid billions (salary, bonuses, options, etc.) even when they completely screw up the company and then they get paid to leave...the guy who was at Xerox for a little over a year gets paid $800,000/year for life (and if he dies, his wife keeps getting the $) to leave the company! That's BS! You or I get "let go", we get the boot and a "don't let the door hit you in the butt" even if you were a stellar performer...these guys get filthy rich doing nothing or even doing badly.

And what about our own oil companies/service stations jacking up the price of gas as soon as this Iraq thing hit the news? They're just taking advantage of the situation to get more money out of the consumers, their fellow citizens. There's a lot more to be angry about that is INSIDE our borders.
    Last edited by IceRgrrl; 02-19-2003 at 10:41 AM.

--Robert Frost

3 Time World Champion
    IceRgrrl for the Senate!!!!

Way below radar

The same disgust goes for CEO's who get paid billions (salary, bonuses, options, etc.) even when they completely screw up the company and then they get paid to leave...the guy who was at Xerox for a little over a year gets paid $800,000/year for life (and if he dies, his wife keeps getting the $) to leave the company! That's BS! You or I get "let go", we get the boot and a "don't let the door hit you in the butt" even if you were a stellar performer...these guys get filthy rich doing nothing or even doing badly.
    Oh, and they all sit on each other's boards of directors and take good care of each other...i.e., inside stock tips, recycling CEO's from company to company, etc. Ever have one of those talks with your boss where he tells you "Sorry, it's been a tough year and there's no money for increases...it's 1.5% this year, that's the best we can do?" Meanwhile, he is getting a 40% bonus plus other "incentives" that pay out even if the company is performing badly.

Yeesh...at least in academia we ALL get paid peanuts so at least we know we're all in the same boat. I used to work in a corporate job and the stuff I saw there was unbelievable.
    Last edited by IceRgrrl; 02-19-2003 at 10:53 AM.

--Robert Frost

from david duke to enron and taxes, is there anyway we could possibly make this an iraq thread now too?

3 Time World Champion
    Saddam gets billions each year from the oil but never pays the workers much at all.....he is just Like Martha Stewart!

…And its all orchestrated by a secret society bent on world domination.

Banned
    what he deserves is a protracted case of simultaneous bone cancer, rectal cancer and testicular cancer

but prison is a good first step

Way below radar
    Originally posted by millertime
    …And its all orchestrated by a secret society bent on world domination.
    LOL! Reminds me of that Simpsons episode with the Stonecutters:
    "Who controls the British crown?
    Who keeps the metric system down?
    We do! We do!"

Seriously though, I wish people in the US took as much interest in what was going on around them as they do in reality shows on TV and NASCAR drivers.
    Last edited by IceRgrrl; 02-19-2003 at 12:49 PM.

--Robert Frost

Seriously though, I wish people in the US took as much interest in what was going on around them as they do in reality shows on TV and NASCAR drivers.
    I agree, I heard more people voted in the last American Idol then the Presidential election.

every generation gets dumbed down. nobody wants to think critically. its easier to sit down and watch someone sing on a tv show than it is to pay attention to the news.

a strong majority also unfortunately accept their daily routine of getting up, going to work, barely get by check to check, and then find some peace in the television at night. they dont want anymore worry about who to vote for or what is going on outside the walls of their house.

I honestly feel more personally threatened by US citizens like these crook CEO's and the political system that allowed deregulation AND is letting these criminals skulk off scott free than I do by foreign terrorists. The stock market and financial markets have a daily and long-term impact on my life via interest rates, retirement investment performance, job growth/creation, etc. I can't believe that there was not an outcry from the people of this country to give the bastards what they deserve.

And what about our own oil companies/service stations jacking up the price of gas as soon as this Iraq thing hit the news? They're just taking advantage of the situation to get more money out of the consumers, their fellow citizens. There's a lot more to be angry about that is INSIDE our borders.
    There is a huge outcry for justice from everyone, but it's a given and that isn't big news in this liberal media. With everything else going on the scandals just get put on the back burner. Besides , I think they want to bury it deep because consumer confidence is already in the toilet. They don't want to remind everyone that they are investing in greedy criminal establishments.
    As far as the gas prices. It isn't the gas station's that are jacking up the prices. Gas station are the last in a long line when it comes to prices. These guys need to make $.15 per gallon just to break even. We have oil workers striking all over the place which is driving prices up as well as war scares. I hate it as much as you do, but I think your anger is misplaced.

As far as gas stations go I've heard they make there money off convience items.