The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GIS Bulk Pics

Back at it
    Originally posted by NotSoBig
    I keep looking at your pictures. Is this much growth normal for 2 months time? I am really impressed man.

I never trained my entire body before, so I pretty much consider myself a "beginner" and was hoping to see some of the beginner gains but its just not working out. I am going to keep at it, but I too have been eating heavy and training hard for 2 months and you can't even tell a difference.

I am dedicated to this though, and I don't care if results come tomorrow, or in a couple years. Would really be nice to make those types of gains though.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. You are kicking ass. Keep it up!
    First off, don't look at progress pictures of other people and expect the same from you.

I said what you see can be considered newbie gains, but I have been lifting seriously for nearly 3 years. I started as a Freshman in college at 155 pounds, grew to 170 by the middle of my sophomore year, then stopped. I thought I was eating enough, but I wasn't. I thought I was training right, but I wasn't. A person can't expect to jump into the weight room and expect to see huge gains even if they've researched lifting like mad and knows everything about it. It takes experience and learning what arm position works best for what exercise, which angle to lift at, etc. There is SOOOO much involved.

Also, I didn't start growing like I am now until I started doing heavy compound movements like deads and squats. I also learned what was best for me. I can't flat bench to save my life so I just started focusin on inclines. Before long I was repping 225 incline and my chest grew like no other.

Keep learning, eat a lot, and be patient. One say you will click both mentally and physically and it's a hell of a fun experience.

Oh yeah... as for your question about my routine, just check out my journal 'the end of the beginning'
    Last edited by GIS; 02-21-2003 at 02:49 PM.

so you felt the 1-AD didnt work?? what brand did you buy because i was considering taking it down the road.
    very nice progress by the way
    JEEP is a 4 letter word, therefore it must be dirty.

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
    This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal all this pain is an illusion...

I am addicted to fast food...

very noticable progress - congrats!

Back at it
    Originally posted by SWOLE
    so you felt the 1-AD didnt work?? what brand did you buy because i was considering taking it down the road.
    very nice progress by the way
    I bought the Ergopharm 1-AD and used 2 bottles @ a six cap/day dosage. This lasted three weeks and is considered to be a medium dose.

It did help, don't get me wrong. It gave me a boost in strength and pumps that made it feel like I was about to explode. However, it wasn't what took me from before to after- a LOT of food (4k clean calories a day/300g protein) and smart training did.

By the way, both before and after are without any kind of a pump whatsoever on a non-workout day.

GIS, Did you notice and sides with the 1-AD?

Originally posted by Buff
    Hey brother you are representing Washington well. Are you planning on attending the Emerald Cup at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue in April? Ronnie Coleman, Gunter Schlieeahlkhfdl and some other pros are going to be there. You should definitely check it out man. It will pump you up to compete like you will never believe. Keep it up!

Buff
    April, eh? I am SO there.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Back at it
    Originally posted by Saint Patrick
    GIS, Did you notice and sides with the 1-AD?
    Nope, no sides aside from a zit on my chin.

GIS, very impressive gains. You can definitely notice the 25 extra pounds and it doesn't look like your bodyfat increased much at all.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Back at it
    Okay, I just read a post where people were again saying alcohol keeps you from growing.

In the two months time that these pics were taken, I drank probably twice a week on average. I managed to grow.

rookiebldr: Yeah, I had minimal fat gain compared to some people doing a serious bulk, but I still gained some fat and can really tell around my lower back (love handles) and stomach. It's nothing i'm worried about though.

Nice progress GIS! The new weight is definitely noticeable. Like Rookie said, it appears there was minimal fat gain.
    *walks away wishing my bulk was that successful*

Hey !
    U better focuse on the arms now so u can match those huge traps of urs !!

Good work !

Back at it
    Originally posted by Zole
    Hey !
    U better focuse on the arms now so u can match those huge traps of urs !!

Good work !
    Haha, yeah. My traps have always been strangly disproportionate to the rest of my body and I don't even train them directly.

As for my arms, I jsut started directly training them again to try and encourage a little growth. I'm more concerned with my compound movements like deads, bent bb rows, squats, and bench than my arms because I figure they'll grow as they need.

Thanks!

Awesom work!
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Re: GIS Bulk Pics

Originally posted by GIS
    Most Muscular

BTW, left is old, right is new with each pic.

The old were taken December 12th, the new February 19th, so a little over two months

Comments are appreciated!

EDIT: I just realized that I put Feb 3rd and not Feb 19th. I have no idea where the 3rd came from, but oh well.

Hi!

Nice progress! Can you pleace post your diet and training-routine?

Thanx!

Greetings...
    That´s all folks.....

Back at it

Re: Re: GIS Bulk Pics

Originally posted by GoingToBeBig

Hi!

Nice progress! Can you pleace post your diet and training-routine?

Thanx!

Greetings...

Example of my average diet

My journal for example of my training

excellent work in such a short amount of time!!
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Jack Burton - Owner of the Pork Chop Express

Back at it
    *sigh* I hope to be back to this size soon!

currently: 185. 15 to go.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Looking good man!
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Dude, I feel you pain.

Right there with you with 15 lbs to go.

Three people can keep a secret so long as two of them are dead

- Benjamin Franklin

Back at it
    LOL... wtf...

My scale just showed 177. I've gone from 185 to 180 to 177 in.... 3 days. I can guarantee I've been GAINING weight in the past week so I'm at least at 185. I'll have to weight myself at the gym this week to get a more accurate reading.

Worthless $30 scale...

wow that is something, your arm is up half an inch the 3 picture, thats not so bad indeed!
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Those traps are huge, nice progress
    Weight: 178
    Height: 5'9"
    Arms: 16.0"
    Calves: 15.5"
    Bench: 300+

Back at it
    Yeehaw... I'm back up to 191. It's amazing what muscle memory can do... and a lot of calories.

Someday I'll post new pictures on WBB when I hit 205. Needless to say that might take a while.