Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GIS Bulk Pics

Hybrid View

Back at it

GIS Bulk Pics

Most Muscular

BTW, left is old, right is new with each pic.

The old were taken December 12th, the new February 19th, so a little over two months

Comments are appreciated!

EDIT: I just realized that I put Feb 3rd and not Feb 19th. I have no idea where the 3rd came from, but oh well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GIS; 02-22-2003 at 12:55 PM.

Back at it
    Back

I'm a little surprised my back didn't grow a little more. I think it's because I focused so much on deads and heavy BB rows.

I'm going to start doing more chins and concentrate more on a good squeeze on rows rather than weight.
    Last edited by GIS; 02-20-2003 at 11:51 PM.

Back at it
    Side chest
    Last edited by GIS; 02-20-2003 at 11:04 PM.

Back at it
    Overall I'm very happy with my bulk so far. Went from 175 in November to 200 now.

Still a lot of room for improvement, especially with my back.

Yeah, I approved them, but they're not working. try again, mang.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Back at it
    Cheers to Belial for responding to my PM's about approving them and to Ectx for the help with how to put two pics side by side!

:alcoholic

Most muscular shows the improvement the best. Excellent work!
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Mystic Eric
    That's some good work man.

Back at it
    Okay... here are some leg shots.

Keep in mind I basically had NEVER done legs until right after the first pic was taken (left). Why had I never done legs? Because I hurt my knee pretty bad when I first tried doing them several years ago and mentally I wasn't up to doing them in fear of hurting myself again.

Soon after I too the left pic, I injured my lower back and wasn't able to again do squats for several weeks, so any progress is the result of only about a month.

Most of my size gain has been in the glutes and inner thighs. Unfortunatly my quads havn't been growing like my upper legs, but they'll start to come.

I've slowly been getting into squats as not to injur myself and have been making very quick progress. I'm going to start integrating more leg presses because they seem to work my quads the best.

Laughing is okay.

Wow, dude that's some nice progress for just a couple of months! Definitely some really good improvement all the way around.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

That's killer progress for the amount of time invested.

Whats your secret?

Back at it
    Originally posted by NotSoBig
    That's killer progress for the amount of time invested.

Whats your secret?
    I took 1-AD for three weeks back in December, but that made me go from ~175 - ~184.

Don't go out and buy it because I then went to 200 on lots and lots of food and strict training. I've never bulked correctly before so a lot of this is 'newbie' muscle gain and I'm sure things are going to get much more difficult now. I'm also rather gifted genetically (I used to think I was a hardgainer until I trained right), but most people don't realize just what it takes to bulk... I know I didin't. It takes a lot of food an smart training.

In a lot of ways, bulking is really easy. Just eat a lot and don't overtrain. I say easy because a lot of people work out 5-6 days a week for 2 hours a day and don't eat enough. Just eat a lot and cut that training in half while progressing in weight and gains will come.

El Guapo
    Hey brother you are representing Washington well. Are you planning on attending the Emerald Cup at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue in April? Ronnie Coleman, Gunter Schlieeahlkhfdl and some other pros are going to be there. You should definitely check it out man. It will pump you up to compete like you will never believe. Keep it up!

Buff
    All of which makes me anxious...
    At times unbearably so...

"Their is always hope dude...when you refuse to fail your only option is to succeed." - Severed Ties

Dude you got some major size put on you. bro. good job.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

That's some awsome progress! I hope my next bulk cycle would be as great as yours.
    Stats
    5'10,185-190lbs, 12-16%bf

Nice improvement GIS. Just keep pounding away at your legs! Overall, I'd say the improvements with your upperbody especially are very noticeable.
    peace-

Craig

Great job GIS, you can see definate improvements in just a 2 month span. Keep up the great work!!!
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

Nice job!

Thats a good bit of weight you gained there boy!
    Age 23 Height 5'10 weight 210 2 years complete of serious lifting.
    At 5'10" last Jan/02 I was 280 Lbs with a 44 waist.
    Now as of Dec/02 I am 210 with a 34-36 waist. A year complete 70 pounds lost now lets get big .
    Goal Deadlift 500 by summer now..
    02/10/03 405X3 425X1
    02/17/03 435X1
    02/24/03 445X1
    03/03/03 455X1
    03/10/03 455X3 "rack pull" 500X1 "rack pull MISS"
    03/17/03 405X6, "Rack Pulls 505X3, 525X1.... 555X1 Miss"
    04/14/03 465X1 verry difficult
    05/12/03 475X1 Easy!!! 500X1 Miss"real close"
    05/19/03 435X5
    06/16/03 Rack pulls 555X2, 600Xmiss
    07/14/03 500X1 GOAL ACHIEVED!!!!
    10/06/03 500X4 555X1 Miss
    10/13/03 535X1
    11/10/03 Rack pull 500X7
    GOAL for 2004 get back to a low fat% and keep it 8 -10% would be great.
    06/29 rack pull 700X3
    07/6/04 600x1 at 216
    09/6/04 600X1 at 208 Rack pull 720X3
    NEW GOAL BENCH 400 BY FEB 2005 "not sure about this one"

Chest/Delt tie in looks great man! Good job.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Back at it
    Thans folks.

Looking at the most muscular it doesn't even look like it should be me.

Bennett- Yeah, I plan on focusing heavily on my legs in the next couple of months. I won't completely bash myself because they have grown a TON, mainly in my glutes adn upper thighs. In fact, you can see the chaffage that has occured on my left leg from groth, so now it's a matter of filling out.

Holy **** mang, you look awesome. Your delts exploded. Keep up the great work!
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Thanks GIS.

What does your routine look like?

I keep looking at your pictures. Is this much growth normal for 2 months time? I am really impressed man.

I never trained my entire body before, so I pretty much consider myself a "beginner" and was hoping to see some of the beginner gains but its just not working out. I am going to keep at it, but I too have been eating heavy and training hard for 2 months and you can't even tell a difference.

I am dedicated to this though, and I don't care if results come tomorrow, or in a couple years. Would really be nice to make those types of gains though.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. You are kicking ass. Keep it up!

Hey great work GIS, thats incredible for two months.

you deserve a big pat on the back for that work, nice1
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...