The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: arched back

arched back

On seated behind the neck presses, dumbell shoulder presses, and triceps extesion I tend to arch my back. Is this wrong? Also when doing triceps extension with a dumbell it sometimes feels more like a press than the opposite of a curl. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Is that wrong?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    I tend to arch my back on tri extensions too, so I'd also like to know about that.

Remember when you do extensions to keep your elbows as close to your head as possible and pointing forward. If you point them outwards you may have a tendency to use your shoulders more. Anyway thats my Xperience, hope it helps.
    E'rybody wanna be a bodybuilder, but don't noboby wanna lift no heavya$$ weights. Ronnie Coleman, The Unbelievable

The 11th Commandment: Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator

If it's a natural position for your body, then I would have to say no. As long as your ass and your shoulders are touching the back of the bench then you should still be alright. If you're lifting heavy poundages, then arching your back might lead to some possible injuries, but that all depends on the strength of your back. I would try to cut down and keep a small arch ( just to follow suit with the natural mechanics of the human body ) but just make sure not to let it get excessive.
    Big? Not really. I'm 5'7" 196 lbs.
    Strong? Like a bull!

Bodyfat currently at : dropping
    Personal Records:
    Bench - 440 (raw)
    Squat - 600 (belt & wraps)
    Deads- 585 (belt)

----------------------------------------------
    Itís a birdÖ Itís a planeÖ nope, itís me soariní past everybody.

Ok thanks. I just thought it might be cheating or something, because it seems easier than keeping my back completely against the seat.
    The Iron never lies to you. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go, but 200 pounds is always 200 pounds - a warm-up.