The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

(extra) loose skin

hey guys, quick question. i posted a few days back about competing as a diabetic, not too much response, seems no one really knows much about the subject, even other diabetics. anyway, got a week and a day till my first contest, and i still have some junk around my lower abs. i thought initially it was bodyfat, but now i'm thinking it may just be loose skin and/or waterweight. it kills me cause i've got great abs but you can really only see at most the top four when i practice posing. i can pull down on the skin and all 6 pop out. will this get better when i cut my water back? also, on a whim, i ordered eas' NWB, it's a natural diuretic. only 10 bucks, i figured what the heck. will this help at all, and if so, how soon (one, two days out, etc) should i start using it? any help would be appreciated. thanks!! i'm also gonna post a few pics if it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member

another picture...

here's another pic of my abs.

Wannabebig Member

one more.

last one, i promise

El Guapo
    Man I really hope those Diurects don't mess you up, with you diabetes. Do you have a personal trainer, or is this all you? If you don't mind post some pics of your legs, I just want to see if it may be high BF. You may never no unless you go get your BF tested, but I'd say you look to be at 6%-8% bf range bro, but like you said it could just be your skin man.

Throughout my contest prep I was downing 2 gallons a day. 4 days out I upped it to 2.5gallons. 3 days out I went up to 3. Stayed at 3 for another day, and the day before my show I smoked four gallons of water! Water when over consumed acts as it's own Diuretic, but I was using some Natural Diurect along with my water drinking method. This is just an idea for you to ponder over , but if you've got a trainer you should consult them first!

Here is a pic of what my abs looked like.. not much water in me at all bro terrible oil job though!!! it was the night show so I didn't care much!..
    All of which makes me anxious...
    At times unbearably so...

"Their is always hope dude...when you refuse to fail your only option is to succeed." - Severed Ties

El Guapo
    another question, are you exhalling all of the air out of your lungs when flexxing your abs? Doing that helps give them a tighter look.
    All of which makes me anxious...
    At times unbearably so...

"Their is always hope dude...when you refuse to fail your only option is to succeed." - Severed Ties

I just think that you are a higher body than you think. Your abs come in nicely but you look like around 12% maybe 10. I could be wrong but I have extra skin from when I was fat. What do you weigh and how tall are you?

IMO you look to be about 8% range, top 4 are pretty visible...if you get to a day or two before the show and you still aren't happy with tightness, get either thiomucase cream or prep h...rub it into your skin...wrap your abs in seran wrap, put on a layer or 2 of clothes and go to sleep, you'll have much tighter skin in the morning...good luck bro.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Wannabebig Member

measurements, etc

hey guys. i'm 5'8", around 165 right now, down from 175 just a few weeks ago. in answer to your questions, yeah i was exhaling while flexing, and no i don't have a trainer (i actually plan to get certified myself this summer). i'm just getting frustrated cause i'm doing a buttload of cardio lately, 2 sessions a day in addition to lifting and 2 hours coed cheer practice every day, not to mention cutting calories. maybe i'm just overdoing it... i've been trying the whole prep h thing while i tan and can definitely notice a difference b & a, just not enuf though. i'll try the saran wrap thing, thanks for that. i've got a buddy in his first year of residency in med school who also competes; i'm waiting his reply on the whole diuretic thing and if it's safe for me so i'm definitely being careful, just thought i'd try to get some feedback from you guys too. thanks for all the advice!! i'll let you know how i did. i'll try to post some pics later today of my legs too if you still want...
    <>< mike