Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quesetion for the ladies

Quesetion for the ladies

My girlfriend broke up with me last night, and I'm very distraught about it. I tried so hard to be the best boyfriend possible. I skipped school when she was sick just to bring her flowers, I drove 30 minutes each way to go see her at work if for only 10 minutes, I honestly went out of my way whenever possible just to be with her.

Anyway, in her breakup speech, she told me how I'm such a great person and whatnot, and that it wasn't necessarilly a breakup, but a break. She said that I'm someone she wants to know and keep in touch with for the rest of her life. That's all fine and dandy, but is there really a chance that she'll ever want to get back together with me? When girls say they need a 'break', is that true, or is it basically just false hope?

were you crowding her?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Not to be rude, but I get the impression there's another guy. There's always a possibility you could get back together, but in my experience, those second chances never work out.
    "If we're all God's children....what's so special about Jesus?" - Jimmy Carr

"The only difference between a dead skunk lying in the road and a dead lawyer lying in the road is that there are skid marks around the skunk."
    Patrick Murray.

Don't mistake kindness for weakness.

Do that voodoo that he do
    Originally posted by JD77
    Not to be rude, but I get the impression there's another guy. There's always a possibility you could get back together, but in my experience, those second chances never work out.
    I don't necessarily get the other guy vibe, though I don't discount it.

The second chances are unlikely. I held on to one for a couple of years (I still dated other people in the meantime). Though we both love each other, it's just not going to happen, I'm afraid. I'm not holding my breath now.

Oh yeah......I guess I'm not a lady. I should read the thread titles more carefully!
    "If we're all God's children....what's so special about Jesus?" - Jimmy Carr

"The only difference between a dead skunk lying in the road and a dead lawyer lying in the road is that there are skid marks around the skunk."
    Patrick Murray.

Don't mistake kindness for weakness.

Tryska - Hardly, she works constantly and we were lucky if we got to spend an hour together a week outside of school. She's always either working or with her friends.

JD - I suppose it's possible there's someone else, and if that's the case, I feel bad for whoever that may be.

Borris - I'm sorry to hear that.

Originally posted by Frozenmoses

Borris - I'm sorry to hear that.
    Thanks, bro. It's all good now, I'm over it. What I'm trying to say is this: To be cliche, if it's going to work out, it will. If you really want to be with her, don't totally close her off. However, don't hound on her and be her "best buddy", either. Some women have a tendency to take mad advantage. Just be you, live your life, and if she insists, make her a small part of it. If she doesn't, don't call her, 'know what I'm saying? She broke it up, the ball's in her court.

In the meantime, focus on your life.

Banned
    if she wants a break from you, all the worrying/wanting/hoping in the world on your part won't help. A relationship only really works if both people want to be in it.

if she wants a break, take advantage of the situation to enjoy it; see other girls, have fun, get down with your bad self

if she wants to get back with you and you still want her back after a while then its meant to be; if it's not, move on

Psychologically, many girls/women have a hard time with confrontation, and saying it's "just a break" may simply be a way for her to change your expression from "wounded puppy" to "just sad" so she can conclude her speech and get away without you going into hysterics..
    Last edited by Relentless; 03-07-2003 at 08:41 AM.

What it sounds like she is doing is trying to cling to you and keep you around in case something goes wrong and she has a fall back plan. Now that might not be the case and she could really want to be friends but when they say that I'm always a tad skeptical.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Originally posted by HomeYield
    What it sounds like she is doing is trying to cling to you and keep you around in case something goes wrong and she has a fall back plan. Now that might not be the case and she could really want to be friends but when they say that I'm always a tad skeptical.
    Word.

Borris - Good advice, man. That really makes me feel better about the situation.

Callahan - You're right, on all points. I think I'm definitely going to party this weekend; dwelling on this isn't going to help anything.

I'm 18 years old anyway, I'm too young for this drama sh*t. However, if she did break up with me for someone else, the poor sap is going to get his face beat in. If nothing else, I've still got ninja in me.

is there such a thing as friends after a relationship?
    ive never seen it

Banned
    Originally posted by Reinier
    is there such a thing as friends after a relationship?
    ive never seen it
    It gets better after you get a little older.

Few younger people have the emotional maturity to deal with a "post-relationship relationship". Hell, even most older people don't. But as you get older the odds improve on it happening.

*Trust me.*
    Last edited by Relentless; 03-07-2003 at 08:50 AM.

I know a lot of people who have remained friends after a relationship, but I don't think I could see myself doing it.

Frankly, after I break up with someone it's really hard for me to talk to them about anything because there's just too many emotions involved. i've at times wanted to talk to some of them, but I just can't. It's just not possible for me to be friends with an ex.

Moses..... You're young..I'd say just move on, even though that's hard to do, but in the long run it's probably better.

Originally posted by Callahan

*Trust me.*
    Very true. I'm 22 now, and I still don't deal with it, but I see older individuals pull it off.

As much as I hate quoting song lyrics in conversation, this played a few minutes ago, and I think it applies.

Megadeth - "Trust"

"Time and again, she repeats 'Let's be friends'
    I smile and say 'Yes'
    Another truth is bent, I must confess..."

Let her go, she doesnt sound liek she is worth the time or effort. Sorry man

The good girls get the assholes and the bitches get the nices guys!!! tuttut tuttut tuttut
    Last edited by Celestial; 03-07-2003 at 08:52 AM.
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Originally posted by Callahan

Few younger people have the emotional maturity to deal with a "post-relationship relationship". Hell, even most older people don't. But as you get older the odds improve on it happening.

*Trust me.*
    I can see how it is a maturity thing and i suppose its a shame most young people arent ready for it
    Last edited by Reinier; 03-07-2003 at 08:56 AM.

Originally posted by Celestial

The good girls get the assholes and the bitches get the nices guys!!! tuttut tuttut tuttut
    Ya, and it sucks.

You've been giving good advise, so there's not much to add but consider this. I'm just guessing that you are young (because you said you skipped school) I know you hate hearing this, but there are plenty of other girls out there. You have a lot to experience. As hard as it may be, try not to have hard feelings towards her and just except her as a friend. You don't want to burn bridges, because you never know how things may workout later on down the road.

Originally posted by Ritzol

Ya, and it sucks.
    OHHHH YES IT DOES!!!!

Get this, I wanted to remain friends with my EX even after I found out he CHEATED ON ME (found scratch marks on his back, he admitted to it.) Last Sat I was getting coffee and he walked in with the girl he cheated on.........I wanted to VOMIT. I don't know if it's always best staying friends with people. He was always good to me other than cheating on me and we were friends before we dated. I havnt heard from him since I saw him....go figure
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Originally posted by Celestial

Then there's those of us who split the middle between being good guys and assholes. Mine start out sweet then end up crazy.

Mine start sweet.... he starts being an asshole, I get pissed off, I bitch for days, and then we break up.

Banned
    Originally posted by Borris

Then there's those of us who split the middle between being good guys and assholes. Mine start out sweet then end up crazy.

It's my opinion that all women are insane.

Happiness consists of finding a woman whose neuroses you can live with.

Banned
    Damn, i like that one. Gotta put it in my sig.

mine typically start out assholes who are actually sweetiepies underneath it all. they just need the inner biatch unleashed.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?