Thread: need a new workout

Wannabebig Member

need a new workout

My old workout 3 sets of 10 is getting old, and i know its time for me to switch. What do you guys recommend? I heard someone saying the other day they were starting a pyramid. 1st set would be 8, 2nd would be 12, 3rd would be 16. Of course you would lighten each time. Does this make any sense to you guys. I was actually thinking about doing the opposite (Heavy to Light). All opinions appreciatted

Blue veined member !
    WBB routine 1...nuff said.
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

How long have you been lifting? A change is always good. If you have been lifting for awhile, you might want to try any of the WBB routines.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Wannabebig Member
    Ive been lifting for many years now, and trust me i do switch up alot. I was doing 4 sets of 6 before going to 3 sets of 10. I try to switch at least every 6 months. This light to heavy pyramid i am a little curious about. If you guys dont think its a good idea i will be trying a heavy to light pyramid. I have done it before. Just was hoping for something totally fresh

I prefer to do the heavy set first. Do a few warmup sets with pretty low reps. Then do your heaviest weight first. You should try to get 6 reps. If you get 6 or 7, increase weight next session. If not stay there next week. I drop a few pounds for the next set and then try to increase the rep range. I normally don't do anymore than 2 sets per exercise.

What does your routine look like?
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.