The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Need Advice, please! Chris Mason!

Hi everybody, i was at navy boot camp for the last 3 months, and i lost like 50 pounds, and i need serious help! i came to this board because i feel like its the best one out there, a lot of smart people here. here are my questions:

1) please give me a workout plan that i can follow, as short as possible because i dont have a lot of free time, that will allow me to put on muscle. i already know what days i'm going to work what muscles, i just need to know how many sets and reps, please remember that i havent touched a weight in over 3 months!

here's my split:

mon-pull
    wed-legs
    fri-push

2) also, i have a big problem, we only get 3 meals a day here in the navy, breakfast, lunch, and dinner - so i will have to use protein shakes and weightgainers to supplement my diet. i know a lot of you guys are against supplements but in my case i really need them.
    i am on a real tight budget, and i made a list of supplements that i think i need, but i am not sure - so please tell me if they are worth it or not.

vitamins
    weight gainer
    protein shake
    l-glutamine
    creatine
    zma

which ones do i really need? i would like to spend as little as possible on supplements!
    i'll probably be eating 1 gram of protein per pound, is that enough to put on lean muscle?

thanks for the advice!!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

50 pounds?? Thats a lot...

When i went threw navy boot camp, I lost alot of weight also aroung 35 pounds. However when I got to florida for school, I ate and ate and ate some more. Even though we ran with the marines I was still able to put on the weight. But not how i wanted to. I had to eat out alot along with going to the galley for breakfast lunch and dinner.galley breakfast mmmmmmmmmmm. All i can say is eat at the galley and supplement with protien shakes and if you are in school in florida man just have some fun.
    I think that you are asking the right person (chris mason) for help with the routine, so i'll let him handle that. And even though i didnt lift weights during my stay (3 months) in florida i stayed in good shape just with the mando PT almost every morning.
    Last edited by PeteO; 07-28-2001 at 01:41 PM.

Hey, PM me and I will get a routine to you within a few days, there are a couple ahead of you, but I will get to it.