The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Damn.

Now there's nobody to teach kids to trust the nice, single old guy down the block that wears cardigan sweaters, talks to puppets, and wants to be "your neighbor."
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Well still, It seems like he tried to make the kids laugh, and that is honourable of him.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Wow. Thats a shock to hear that.

RIP
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

I liked mr rogers. I had to burst out laughing when biguglyogre talked about those puppets. Man i hated those things..scarey creepy king friday and prince tuesday. Mr dressups puppets were weird too.
    If figureskating was easy they'd call it hockey. me
    If it's important they'll call back. me

The question isn't who is going to let me;
    its who is going to stop me.
    Ayn Rand

And so it begins,
    My eyes wide, yet I see only darkness.
    The world is mine, yet it crumbles with my touch.
    I can touch the stars with my thoughts,
    But the simplest of pleasures denied.
    All things must end they say;
    to end before beginning?
    Tis the sadest loss of all.
    M.P. (poet and author)

"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution."

RIP, he put on a good show for a long time.

As long as my all time favourite tv personality, Bob Barker remains alive, I will remain sane. Although, personally I think he will live forever, or be frozen and unfrozen when there is a cure.

I watched Mr. Dressup the most though, he was ace.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Daniel Tiger? Henrieta Pussycat? X the Owl? How can you not like them? You are all monsters.

Didn't read the thread. Heard on the news, he was a Vegan. Shows what kind of people don't eat meat.

LOL @ Berserker

I was always kinda creeped out by Mr. Rogers. There are plenty of worse shows a kid could watch than his, but I just thought it was too damn wierd. Sad to hear he died though.
    Last edited by JD77; 02-27-2003 at 10:07 PM.
    "If we're all God's children....what's so special about Jesus?" - Jimmy Carr

"The only difference between a dead skunk lying in the road and a dead lawyer lying in the road is that there are skid marks around the skunk."
    Patrick Murray.

Don't mistake kindness for weakness.

Simplistic
    I just found out that Mister Rogers was a marine core sniper with 73 confirmed kills in vietnam. I'm not kidding.

Timmae! ..Livin a lie!.... biguglyogre's Avatar
    Puppets that kill!
    All of them!
    You'll see.
    No one is safe now that their master is gone.
    Mark my words.

SEND $49.99 + S&H TO BIGUGLYOGRE FOR YOUR:
    "PSYCHOTIC PUPPET REPELLENT"

Originally posted by noahfor123
    Daniel Tiger? Henrieta Pussycat? X the Owl? How can you not like them? You are all monsters.
    What crawled up inside me and died? 400 grams of protein a day.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    Originally posted by noahfor123
    Yeah, I liked those, but Lizzie's right about those big headed puppets being kind of scary. Poor Mr. Rogers...

I liked Mr. Dressup as well...and Read-a-long and The Polka Dot Door and all those shows from my childhood...

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Adrenaline is my anti-drug TommyLee's Avatar
    That is bad news. The children of the world just suffered a terrible loss. I don't remember watching much when I was growing up, but I do remember the show that he interviewed Lou Ferrigno in his trailer on the set of "The Incredible Hulk" while they were applying all the green makeup.

I did hear that they will still play old episodes of Mr. Rogers. So atleast his legacy will live on.
    Last edited by TommyLee; 02-28-2003 at 08:07 AM.

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    Damn.

Now there's nobody to teach kids to trust the nice, single old guy down the block that wears cardigan sweaters, talks to puppets, and wants to be "your neighbor."

*lmao*@this.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Banned
    Originally posted by Neil
    I just found out that Mister Rogers was a marine core sniper with 73 confirmed kills in vietnam. I'm not kidding.
    Urban Legend.

If you start out by disbelieving every story like that you hear, and supplement that with checking out places like snopes.com, you'll come out ahead.

and it's "Marine Corps" -- this ain't Hooked on Phonics, amigo.
    Last edited by Relentless; 02-28-2003 at 08:23 AM.

Adrenaline is my anti-drug TommyLee's Avatar
    Originally posted by Callahan

HAAAAA! Thats hillarious! Senior Callahan, always alert, always watching! Waiting in the shadows! Ready to pounce on unsuspecting people for their grammar! Keep up the good work, this forum needs a grammar cop.
    Last edited by TommyLee; 02-28-2003 at 08:36 AM.

Originally posted by Neil
    need to look at the timeline and do the math on that one I think. Show started in black and white.
    I did you on the news he was presybeterian(sp not even close) minister.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    It truly is sad when a man like this passes away. As a convicted child molester, I don't have a living idol anymore. He taught me everything I knew, from using puppets and funny voices to charm children, to taking them to factories to show them how cookies or other treats were made... And then grinding their bodies in with the cornmeal so that the evidence was lost.. It is a sad day..

Heh. But in all seriousness, it's like a part of my childhood has died. Everyday I grow older and it's harder and harder to hold on to my youth (which is why I hold on to other little boys). Something like this makes me sad.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

><))))))*>
    Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
    It truly is sad when a man like this passes away. As a convicted child molester, I don't have a living idol anymore. He taught me everything I knew, from using puppets and funny voices to charm children, to taking them to factories to show them how cookies or other treats were made... And then grinding their bodies in with the cornmeal so that the evidence was lost.. It is a sad day..

Heh. But in all seriousness, it's like a part of my childhood has died. Everyday I grow older and it's harder and harder to hold on to my youth (which is why I hold on to other little boys). Something like this makes me sad.
    LOL@ Gyno

you're sick and twisted
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel." - Homer Simpson

Simplistic
    Originally posted by Berserker

need to look at the timeline and do the math on that one I think. Show started in black and white.
    I did you on the news he was presybeterian(sp not even close) minister.
    I've checked multiple sources on it. I'll look around some more. I may be wrong.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    You are. That's an old rumour that has been spread around like the clap.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Banned
    They said the same thing about John Denver.

"Fred Rogers got his start in television through his musical background when, after earning a bachelor's degree in music composition in 1951, he was hired by NBC television in New York to serve as an assistant producer (and later as a floor director) for several of the music-variety type programs (The Voice of Firestone, The Lucky Strike Hit Parade, The Kate Smith Hour) prevalent on TV in the early 1950s. A few years later, he returned to his hometown area to develop programming for WQED in Pittsburgh, the nation's first community-sponsored educational television station. One of the first programs he developed for WQED was The Children's Corner, which contained many of the elements and characters Fred Rogers would incorporate into his own show when he made his on-camera debut as host of Misterogers for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation in 1963. "

Not only did Fred Rogers never serve in the military, there are no gaps in his career when he could conceivably have served in the military -- he went straight into college after high school, he moved directly into TV work after graduating college, and his breaks from television work were devoted to attending the Pittsburgh Theological Seminary (he was ordained as a Presbyterian minister in 1963) and the University of Pittsburgh's Graduate School of Child Development. Moreover, Fred Rogers was born in 1928 and was therefore far too old for an active combat position in the Vietnam War.

The birthdate alone would have clinched it for me. He'd have been what, 42 years old in 1970? You don't see too many 40+ year old dudes being assigned to sniper duty, let alone any combat trade.

i used to watch that show
    it is sad that he died.. i heard of stomach cancer?

even my dude is sad:
    Bigmakk18: OMG kim
    Bigmakk18: i am so sad and mad that mr rogers died!
    Bigmakk18: i was like NO WAY
    Bigmakk18: i thought he'd live forever!
    Bigmakk18: i used to watch that show when i was little!
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Simplistic
    Originally posted by Callahan

Urban Legend.

If you start out by disbelieving every story like that you hear, and supplement that with checking out places like snopes.com, you'll come out ahead.

I heard it on the radio and read an article about it somewhere. It's not like some guy told me it and I instantly believed it. BTW, thanks for the spelling correction, it looks like you have your work cut out for you.