Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sac Kings, who can stop them?

Sac Kings, who can stop them?

havent seen a **** talking basketball thread yet since ive been here, why not start one and how appropriate after the kings put the mavs in there place last night....again.

so my question is, can they be stopped?
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    No.

I wish they couldn't, but Shaq and Kobe are playing great. I think the question is can LA be stopped...

As long as the Lakers don't make it to the finals, I'll be happy.
    5-9 170

Totally, dude!
    I hate the Lakers. I hope Shaq makes another crappy rap album so we can laugh at his stupidity.

as much as i hate fans who make the arguement that the officiating screwed their team. it was quite apparent in last years finals that the kings were screwed. i still dont see the lakers as the threat they once were anyways. teams are figuring out how to beat them
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Boston Celtics can stop them.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Like they did a couple weeks ago?

*runs and hides*

*clubs Chris Webber's kneecap*
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

The Lakers will beat them come playoff time.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

The Chicken Mr'ga
    timberwolves beat em, and they didnt even have a ful strength side, we still got brandon out, and wally's just started getin into some form from injury, if we only had a decent centre, we'd be a huge threat come playoff time, but nesterovic is startin to get into some form so things r lookin good for us
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

Mystic Eric
    DIE SHANE DIE!!

It should be noted that in both victories over the Kings, the Wolves played them on the backend of a 4 and 5 day road trip which consisted of 3 and 4 games respectively and included games the night before. When they came to Arco they got handed a beatdown. And I'd wager a guess the same will happen when they come back.

But I agree the Wolves have a great squad.

How can you hate Shaq!? He is the man.

Strongman
    Wolves have no Brandon and no Joe Smith, not to mention Wally has missed 30 games and they still beat can beat the Kings and are going to get 50 wins. Garnett is out of control good (MVP?)But yeh...Sacto is the team to beat. Bobby Jackson and Keon Clark off the bench just is not right. Is not right...
    Four-Time World's Strongest Man

The Chicken Mr'ga
    Originally posted by Coleman
    How can you hate Shaq!? He is the man.
    b'coz he has the skill of a bench player.. how hard is it to put the ball in the hoop standin right underneath it? if he didnt have his size he'd be nothing!
    For every $1 you donate to the "buy Lude more weight plates foundation", you will help add 1kg to my 1RM.

<spam> Journal </spam>

Current Stats: 85kg @ 13.6%
    Goal: 87-88kg @ 8-9%
    Goal Due Date: 1/12/05

*reads thread*

Do people actually watch basketball?

*Runs away*

outnumber

"If we're all God's children....what's so special about Jesus?" - Jimmy Carr

"The only difference between a dead skunk lying in the road and a dead lawyer lying in the road is that there are skid marks around the skunk."
    Patrick Murray.

Don't mistake kindness for weakness.

Originally posted by Mystic Eric
    DIE SHANE DIE!!
    Hehe. Hey Eric, I've been a Laker fan all my life. If they are healthy they will be the favorite in the playoffs. But if they lose I'd like to see Sacramento win it all since they are a good team and I think they actually deserve it more this year than the Lakers. Dallas is a good team too.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

all 8 teams in the west who make the playoffs are good teams, and could all beat any eastern team.

6'2"
    273 lbs.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Originally posted by MrWebb78
    as much as i hate fans who make the arguement that the officiating screwed their team. it was quite apparent in last years finals that the kings were screwed. i still dont see the lakers as the threat they once were anyways. teams are figuring out how to beat them
    LOL if Sac just made their free throws in game 7 they would be the champions. Yes officiating looked skewed but Sac it was very winnable by Sac.

As for the Lakers not being a threat anymore. HAS ANYONE BEEN WATCHING BASKETBALL??? Kobe just went on a 9 game 40+ streak averaging something like 43.5 points a game, tied Jordan's ass. Before that Kobe broke the record for the most 3 point shots made in one game and the most consecutive 3 points made. Shaq is not playing great and he has not been playing well all season. He is still nagged by injuries. It's all kobe right now and its fun to watch.

Lastly why does everyone thing Sac is the team to beat. What about Dallas??? They have the best record in the league. Statistically they are the ones to beat.

postal i agree about the free throws, but id rather blame the refs! lol

and what about dallas, they have the best record, but the kings have beaten them all 3 times they have played them, twice in dallas(for those of you who believe home court advantage).

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Anyone who thinks Shaq isn't a good player is crazy. He is 7'1, weighs 350+ and is as quick as a cat. Sure, most of his shots are close to the hoop, but he's a center, what do you expect? And hasn't it been made very apparent this season alone that the Lakers don't win when Shaq is away? Kobe is great as well, probably the best, but he needs Shaq in the lineup to work his game.

And **** Dallas. Dallas can't do a thing against the Kings.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    Originally posted by Saturday Fever
    Dallas can't do a thing against the Kings.
    Dallas really needs maturity to get to the next level

I hope Sac wins it...

everyone on the team works really hard and it may be Webbers last chance if he goes to jail for lying to a grand jury

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Apparently the spurs can.

Originally posted by Holto

Dallas really needs maturity to get to the next level

I hope Sac wins it...

everyone on the team works really hard and it may be Webbers last chance if he goes to jail for lying to a grand jury
    The case was dropped, as the prosecution's only witness died a couple weeks ago.