Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's Your City Big On?

What's Your City Big On?

like how that one guy posted about paintball being big at his school, is there anythin similar thats big in your city though?

i live in bakersfield, and street racing is big here, so is quad and dirt bike riding...it seems like everyone here got a 2 or 3 wheeler or a quad or something

rock bands are big here too, adema and korn are from here....i'm not too much into rock, just a lil...but every school here has at least a few bands

wrestling is also big here, we've had alot of ranked number 1's here, especially from my school

and thas all i can think of right now, but those are definately big and common things here in this city

Skillz

we are known for the best weed in the world
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

i used to go to bakersfield every weekend about 5 years ago, it seemed to be a big cowboy hangout then, and all they wanted to do was fight any non-cowboys. they usually got their asses kicked.

my city(sacramento) is pretty big on live music. deftones, papa roach, cake, oleander, die trying, to name a few that have made it pretty big
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

well here its like this....pretty much the lil towns that outskirt bakersfield r full of either mexicans (like arvin and lamont r pretty much lil mexicos) or cowboy cities (oildale, rosedale)..but the inner city and stuff of Bakersfield is all normal ppl...everyone hates oildale lol

Skillz

We're known for being fat. Really fat. 4th in the nation or something. Especially for women. Per capita, we have the fattest women in the nation. The joys of Fort Wayne. Ridin' the ripples.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Well we have awesome nightlife, daily life, beaches, music, people, food etc....I think where I live is pretty vast and chill.
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Sacramento?

Well, since nobody thinks 'Sacramento' when they think of burgeoning music careers (the Bay Area, NY, LA, and Seattle are more 'in tune' so to speak).

I think that mostly what Sacramento is known for is the state capitol and its unfortunate association with Gray Davis.

the kid from oz
    im from tasmania in australia - for those who dont know the island at the bottom of australia...

people here are known on the mainland for being inbread.. which of course is not true but just cos we are a small island they say we have "2 heads"

in my town, being a tryhard white gangsta dressing up in Wu-Tang clothes and hanging out in the mall carrying knives trying to be tough is "cool".... but they are out numbered by jocks and people who play sport/work out etc etc and always recieve an ass whooping when they start a fight..

driving rev head cars around town is also "cool" sorta like street racing i guess but not really racing just trying to look cool but waste money on gas..

everyone gets drunk everyweekend cos there isnt really much else to do in my town.. not that there is anything wrong with that of course
    Last edited by bigedge; 03-16-2003 at 02:28 AM.

everything.
    Peace Be With You.

Back at it
    Seattle= Music (pear jam, nirvana, hendrix, sound garden, alice and chains, on and on and on...), outdoor activities, Mariner's baseball, boating, technology (microsoft), excessively nice drivers (in general), Tree hugging conservatives (no war Iraq, WTO, etc), coffee (starbucks, Tullys), Traffic congestion, rain....

That's about all I can think of... or at least that's all I want to bother typing.

Originally posted by bigedge
    im from tasmania in australia
    What about the tazmanian devil?
    Last edited by NateDogg; 03-16-2003 at 07:53 AM.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Confused
    I live like 10 minutes from South Philly used to live their but anyway we do street racing, play paintball, listen Rock or Rap music . By the way i thought Adema was from philly?!?

Football, nightlife, beer, cold weather, no jackets, strong accents and fighting.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Perms and Moustaches

A Liverpool FC away game.
    Last edited by howsertrading; 03-16-2003 at 04:10 PM.
    Stats:
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 210
    BF: plenty
    Chest: 46"
    Arms:18"
    Thighs:29" now down to 28"
    Calves: 17.5"

Bench Max 308 x 4
    Squat 330 x 3 ATF
    Deadlift 404.8 x 1

washed out jeans.

smoking.

girls.

booze.

Totally, dude!
    <------ 'Nuff said.

I`m not from the city

Oh yeah, forgot the BUCS
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Originally posted by howsertrading
    Perms and Moustaches
    LMFAO.

You forgot the Rockports, tracksuit bottoms tucked into the socks, Burberry shirts and thievery.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Here's another:
    Attached Images Attached Images

And lest ye not forget:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stats:
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 210
    BF: plenty
    Chest: 46"
    Arms:18"
    Thighs:29" now down to 28"
    Calves: 17.5"

Bench Max 308 x 4
    Squat 330 x 3 ATF
    Deadlift 404.8 x 1

LMFAO.

Touché.

i want to have tyneside windows !

Totally, dude!
    HAHA! I just saw the Australian one of that.