The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do women feel like proving themselves?

i dont want to spark a flame debate over this one, and i dont want it to get deleted. Just count to 10 before posting, then everything will be fine.

A couple of days ago i was watching Camp Molloy (a VERY soft version of the Australlian Eco-challenge). Like in the Eco-challenge there are different teams that have to get from point A to B by walkig, cycling, swimming, climbing etc.

There was a short distance between the teams, a team consisting of a captain and 5 others, so each team was pushing itself to max, trying to overtake eachother and win the damned thing.

Okey, this one tem (lets call it Team Blue), was just minutes behind the lead team, so they had a crazy tempo. The captain of Blue team told the team several times that if anyone had a slight problem with the pace, they should let him know, so they could lower the pace or even take a break. He told them that SEVERAL times.

And on this team there was a woman. Guess what happened? After an half an hour, she collapsed. She just fell down, hyperventilating big time, so they had to call in medics, and extract her.

After that incident they asked her why she didnt tell the team captain that she was in a bad condition, and she answered ; "I wanted to prove myself!"

Serioulsy whats up with that? Almost every female ive meet feel like they have something physically to prove. Why? Is it so hard to accept that men are physically superior to women? Its true. thats the reason theres no women in the SF, they dont meet up with the requirments.

I believe that males and females are different, BUT equell! Ok, a women cant walk 50miles with a 100lbs bergen, but she sure can have other talents far superior to a male. Why dont the bra-burners realize this?

im sorry if this thread has offended you. I didnt mean to. I am just curious over the female pshyce.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

australian eco challenge
    'you cant avoid confrontation in life. it just makes things more trouble down the road. sometimes you have to look at the bull and say "f--k you bull" and grab that bull by the horns'

-Shane

Same thing happens with guys, though. There are tons of guys out there who would've done the same thing the girl did if put in the same position. It's not a sex based thing, its a pride based thing.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    To my knowledge the Eco challenge is usually taken on by professional explorers, ex-Navy SEALs, SAS members and the like.

The Eco challenge is(from my very very limited watching experience) is basically a race across questionable if not dangerous terrain and it lasts a long while. Snow, hillsides, narrow passages, rivers, etc. Crags. Midgets. Tubthumpers. Et Cetera.

As for the wimmins involved, she obviously wasnt up to the physical standard as the rest of the group. I know of a lot of tough women who are firefighters and cops who are not weak at all, but all members of a team like that need to be physically equal and its tough as it is, let alone if you involve someone who is not up to that standard by nature. This woman apparently was not. I mean, women have to go through basic training as it is in the military, and even 92% or so of men fail out of the special-ops
    testing because of physical or mental inadequacies. So if what I've been taught is right and most of the people who partake in the eco challenge and like activities are ex-special ops types, then its a pretty wide gap to cross.

Scuzzbucket is numero uno Scuzzbucket's Avatar
    Same thing happens with guys, though. There are tons of guys out there who would've done the same thing the girl did if put in the same position. It's not a sex based thing, its a pride based thing.
    :withstupi

Serioulsy whats up with that? Almost every female ive meet feel like they have something physically to prove.
    That's because of comments like this:
    Is it so hard to accept that men are physically superior to women?
    If you tell any true competitor they can't do something because they're inferior, male or female, they're gonna go out of their way to prove you wrong, whether or not they can actually do it.
    "Always find something to fuel your growth, and know that each rep brings you closer to your goal." - Tommi Thorvildsen
    ------------------------------------------------

Scuzz ; is it not true that men are superior physically?

Its very true. Look at the Competitors, events, and amount of weight used in World's Strongest Woman comps, and compare that too the World's Strongest Man comps. Both contests have the best and strongest women athletes, and the men just blow the women right out of the water. It is just a fact that because we have more testosterone, and are built to lift things most women can't, that we are physically superior.

decease, RIP
    you watch too much swedish tv.
    big.

I agree with the pride thing, and yes one of my goals in life is to participate in an eco challenge. I actually tore my bicep when my first trainer told me i was too weak. I wouldnt let go and stop when i should have and paid for it all because of pride. Funny thing is if i had to do it all over again i still wouldnt let go and stop because i wouldnt give him the satisfaction of sayin i told you so.
    If figureskating was easy they'd call it hockey. me
    If it's important they'll call back. me

The question isn't who is going to let me;
    its who is going to stop me.
    Ayn Rand

And so it begins,
    My eyes wide, yet I see only darkness.
    The world is mine, yet it crumbles with my touch.
    I can touch the stars with my thoughts,
    But the simplest of pleasures denied.
    All things must end they say;
    to end before beginning?
    Tis the sadest loss of all.
    M.P. (poet and author)

"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution."

Originally posted by Hercule
    It is just a fact that because we have more testosterone, and are built to lift things most women can't, that we are physically superior.
    Yeah, at lifting things.

That's a pretty narrow definition of physical superiority, I think. There are other physical areas in which women are superior to men.

Here's a couple off the top of my head: you try having a baby. Or a multiple orgasm.
    You can't babysit this.

whhhhooooo hoooooo carolina!!!!!!!!
    If figureskating was easy they'd call it hockey. me
    If it's important they'll call back. me

The question isn't who is going to let me;
    its who is going to stop me.
    Ayn Rand

And so it begins,
    My eyes wide, yet I see only darkness.
    The world is mine, yet it crumbles with my touch.
    I can touch the stars with my thoughts,
    But the simplest of pleasures denied.
    All things must end they say;
    to end before beginning?
    Tis the sadest loss of all.
    M.P. (poet and author)

"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution."

Totally, dude!
    Originally posted by carolinagirl
    Here's a couple off the top of my head: you try having a baby. Or a multiple orgasm.
    Well, here it goes.....

Dammit.

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    That's a pretty narrow definition of physical superiority, I think. There are other physical areas in which women are superior to men. Here's a couple off the top of my head: you try having a baby. Or a multiple orgasm
    I'm not trying to take any sides here or offend anyone, but that comment doesn't have anything to do with superiority. Both sexes would have to be able to have babies for women to be superior in it. Women are simply built for having babies. (I don't mean this in a sexist manner, its just what nature intended. I'm really not thinking with my penis here ) As for the multiple orgasms, thats a bonus.

Is it so hard to accept that men are physically superior to women?
    As for this, I don't believe this to be true either. You can try to prove that men are physically superior depending on how you look at it, but that still doesn't make it true. The fact is, SOME men are physically superior to women. For instance if you took a professional male body builder who has reached his full potential and compared him with a professional female body builder who has also reached her full potential, then maybe that man would be superior because he has more testoserone and the like to build muscle.

But that still doesn't justify that "men are physically superior to women", because I bet that same woman could probably outlift many of the men who frequent this board.

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    I'm not gonna touch this one with a ten foot pole! Doesn't matter what way you argue, if you're a guy, and you post anything in response to this thread, you'll either be tagged as a shovinist or gay.
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Ahh crap.

Scuzz ; is it not true that men are superior physically?
    Take a look at your stats, my stats, most of the WBB members' stats and then compare them to seven time Ms. Olympia Lenda Murray.
    "Always find something to fuel your growth, and know that each rep brings you closer to your goal." - Tommi Thorvildsen

And by that I mean individuals are superior to other individuals, not groups are superior to other groups.

And yes, if a dudette was bashing the dudes, I'd be all over that, too.

Overtrainer.
    Women?

If it talks like a man, walks like a man and goes in Australian Eco Challenge like a man, then tis no woman, tis a man.

Gotta respect anyone who passes out trying to prove themselves.

women do not have the physical capacity to give us males multiple orgasms, but as u can see we are obviously physically proven to be able to do so....

j/k just had to say that lol
    Skillz
    Last edited by Skillz; 03-15-2003 at 07:52 PM.

>Here's a couple off the top of my head: you try having a baby. Or a multiple orgasm.

pwn3d.

UGH I have no clue......this girl did it all night at this house party I was at. It sucked. And the whole time her ex BF who she is trying to get back with is asking me out to lunch. So I guess trying to prove yourself doesnt work anyways LOL
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

I dunno.. I'm sure there are a lot of women in this world stronger than you centaurion.
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    dayÖonly then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

Of the driver ilk
    Females (in general) have more endurance than males. Males (in general) have more strength than females. It is something that has evolved from the roles that each sex has taken from the beginning of our race, if females were the hunters they they would be the "stronger" (physically) of the sexes, if males were the gatherers then they would be the "weaker" (physically) of the sexes. It is also a social thing now, we "teach" (through various means) ourselves that the female is supposed to be weaker, the male stronger. Look back to the early 20th century where the females stayed in the house and did chores around the house, whereas the male had the job (was the "breadwinner") and was the primary source of income. Now that isn't necessarily true, the opposite can be seen in society, so those rules don't necessarily apply, but it will take many many years before our bodies genetic structure changes to where the human female is able to naturally aquire more muscle (mass as well as volume) than the human male or to the point of being able to aqcuire muscle as well as the average human male.
    It is just something you will have to accept (as a general concept, of course there are exceptions). Just look at the average male and average female (not from the US though, as the average are probably obese :P ), obviously the male will have noticably more muscle mass. Does that mean stronger? Not necessarily, but on many occasions that answer would most likely be yes.

Having a baby has little to do with strength but a lot to do with pain tolerance, which is higher (generally speaking) in females than in males (although the average pregnant mother will accept pain killers when giving birth).

Oh, and Just so you know, only about 5% of the female population of the world actually have PMS (or heavy symptoms of it).

Oh and males have their monthly hormonal cycle too.
    Last edited by Xg74; 03-16-2003 at 01:11 AM.
    "42"

Originally posted by carolinagirl

Yeah, at lifting things.

That's a pretty narrow definition of physical superiority, I think. There are other physical areas in which women are superior to men.

I dont see what people are always wad-wadding about with that multiple orgasm. guys can have a bunch of them in a row.
    not 50-100 tho lol. but i dont think women do that all the time either
    Last edited by Reinier; 03-16-2003 at 01:54 AM.

I remember when i went boarding with a group of people and this girl twisted her knee way bad. i saw it happen it looked ****ed up. but she continued and was in way pain.
    she told a friend of mine she "didn`t want to look like a whiner"
    thats just silly. she prolly did damage there too