The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ><))))))*>

Canada won't participate in war against Iraq

Tuesday, March 18, 2003
    Canada won't participate, says PM
    By SUN MEDIA

OTTAWA -- Canada will not join a war in Iraq without the United Nation's blessing, but will help rebuild the Mideast country after a war, says Prime Minister Jean Chretien.

"If military action proceeds without a new resolution of the Security Council, Canada will not participate," Chretien said in the Commons yesterday to a standing ovation from Liberal, NDP and Tory MPs.

"We have always made it clear that Canada would require the approval of the Security Council if we were to participate in a military campaign."

Chretien's clear statement comes after months of criticism that he's flip-flopping when it comes to a U.S.-led strike outside the UN. He argued it was a hypothetical question.

'PARTICIPATE IN RECONSTRUCTION'

Chretien said if the U.S. does launch a military strike in Iraq, Canada's purse strings will be loosened to help rebuild the pummeled country.

"If there is a war, of course Canada would participate in reconstruction," Chretien said.

"Canada will be there to help the victims of the war."

The PM said the 31 Canadian military officers serving with U.S., Australian and British units near Iraq on exchange programs will be allowed to stay since they'll mostly be conducting surveillance.

Canadian Alliance leader Stephen Harper criticized Chretien for failing to back the Americans and harming Canada-U.S. relations.

"Canada has distanced itself from its historic allies and really is nowhere on the map," Harper said. "We'll have to see what the consequences are."

--------------------------------------

I think its a shame, but on the other hand it is a good idea. Canada is not ready for a military campaign, except maybe for the Navy.

On behalf of enlighted Canadians(not the government), I apologize.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel." - Homer Simpson

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

In other news USA now changes the name of Canadian bacon to freedom bacon.

Canada has a military?
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

><))))))*>
    If the Liberals have their way, the operative word will be 'had'.

The Liberals basically want an over glorified police force.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel." - Homer Simpson

The US have smart people?
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Although I am a proud Canadian. I don't think anyone really cares about Canada's opinion in this. Honestly, it's not like the world is holding it's breath to see what side Canada will take, lol.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

:withstupi

yeah, asking for Canadao for help is like asking your little brother to help in a fist fight. Not in a bad way but lokk at the powers they asked for help England, Russia these are strong military counrties.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

Canada really doesn't need a military. If anything really happened to them the US would step in. Probably other countries too. I really don't see anybody invading canada, mainly geographic reason. Also profit margin. I like Canada not having a military, it means they can not influence world affairs much.

We do have a military. A very poorly funded one.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Originally posted by Manveet
    Although I am a proud Canadian. I don't think anyone really cares about Canada's opinion in this. Honestly, it's not like the world is holding it's breath to see what side Canada will take, lol.
    Agreed. The U.S. doesnt need anyones help anyway.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Totally, dude!
    I don't care about their military. I care about their women!

3 Time World Champion
    "The US have smart people? "

ELPietro it would be, The US has smart people?

3 Time World Champion
    I am with DoubleGulp.......

Sledge, you generally end statements with a period, not a question mark, since you are getting anal.

But since you are being a stickler, the US stands for the United States, which is a pluralization of the word state, therefore "have" versus "has" is the appropriate grammatical phrase. But thanks for trying.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Do that voodoo that he do
    Originally posted by ElPietro
    Sledge, you generally end statements with a period, not a question mark, since you are getting anal.

But since you are being a stickler, the US stands for the United States, which is a pluralization of the word state, therefore "have" versus "has" is the appropriate grammatical phrase. But thanks for trying.
    Not that I'm remotely interested in this, but the "United States" is usually considered a single entity, despite its name.
    Last edited by Isaac Wilkins; 03-18-2003 at 11:19 AM.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    jft2 is one of the best elite teams in the world. Their presence will be missed. Well officially anyways....
    Last edited by GonePostal; 03-18-2003 at 11:21 AM.
    w00t

3 Time World Champion
    What is being "have"? The United States is a country-singular not plural. You do not use double puncuation at the end of a sentence. Based on the fact I was making a question at the end of that satement the ? was correct.

*sigh*

Ok, we shall continue the lesson in stupidity since you insist. It's one thing to be a retarded nitpicker, but it's entirely another to be wrong with your nitpicking.

If I addressed the united states, I would say, THEY have a strong military, not IT has a strong military. When you speak as a citizen of the US you say WE are a powerful nation. We, they, Us, them are all plural forms or describe a group, although it is one group, I believe you would use have, versus has.

Shouldn't you be busy looking for a friend on the internet to go on your trip with you? I'm sure there are many other forums for you to display your winning personality.

Current FFFA Enforcer

who gives a ****, its Canada were talking about.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

3 Time World Champion
    "If I addressed the united states" First it would be capital u and s. United States. Secondly, you were not addressing the United States so therefore Borris and myself(the retard) must be correct.
    If I was talking about my own country I would say" It has a strong military.", again singular.

Sorry I do not fall into line with ElPietro worship around here. I guess it is that cocky bad-ass American in me.

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    Oh god, here we go again....... I love listening to a pile of misinformed meatheads debating politics, its such entertainment!
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

i dont worship anybody, but occasionally pray to the porcelain god
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Haha, there are ElPietro worshippers here? Man I should take a collection or something then.

Personally, I think you like me, and your gay feelings scare you just a little bit.

No worries, sh!t happens dude.

After reading some articles though, you may be right on the has/have front. So for now I will admit that I may be, and probably am wrong. Just to prove that I can do so when I feel that I am. Although, I'd prefer a grammar wizard to come in and settle this once and for all...

Current FFFA Enforcer

3 Time World Champion
    Honestly, I think you probably are an all right guy. However, I will admit I would not hang out with you because being around gays make me uncomfortable. It this phobia I have or maybe its just I think it is a choice and you were not born that way. That is why I never return the pm's you send me. And you will never get a picture of me either so stop asking.

Damn, I was kinda hoping you would...I guess I'll have to go back to mystic eric.

Current FFFA Enforcer