The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Best way to drink gatorade?

I've heard its best to dilute the gatorade with some water before drinking it. I dunno why, but just something I heard. Should I dilute it or drink it straight up?

Thanks.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I have no clue who told you that.
    Makes no sense to me.
    I add extra water to dim the sweetness down, but that is the only reason.
    Train.

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    I just drink the whole thing in one gulp
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Well I just read on their site that diluting gatorade with water does not make it better.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

I mix my own gatorade and I actually make it stronger than normal.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

cut block extraordinaire
    i thought I heard or read somewhere that when you dilute the Gatorade it can be absorbed quicker but im not sure

the site said diluting gatorade with water slows down absorption.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    Originally posted by HomeYield
    I mix my own gatorade and I actually make it stronger than normal.
    Is it true Gatorade mix has less high fructose corn syrup?
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Originally posted by Ironman8

Is it true Gatorade mix has less high fructose corn syrup?
    The mix does not contain high fructose corn syrup.

can you buy 10lb tubs of the mix?
    -deFenDeRs oF thE unDerRateD

If it doesnt make dollars, then it doesnt make sense

I never knew how skinny I was untill I started gaining a little weight

Ya I'm pretty sure, go to Costco.

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Grasshoppa
    I don't see how diluting it would make it any better or any worse.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

The trainer for the Football team back in high school use to dilute the gatorade. I believe he told us that diluted worked just as well as non. So he could make more Gatorade out little.

They sell powder gatorade at Cotsco it's about 12.99 for a huge container.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

i buy the tub at costco, just add in your own high fructose **** to it, and honey too
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    The ultimate best way to drink gatorade is with your mouth. I once tried it through my nose, and it just didn't work out.
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

Wannabebig Member
    The best way to drink Gatorade is to not drink it at all.

Stick to water, God gave it to us for a reason.

You can drink water without the mix, but you cannot drink the mix without the water.
    Height:6'1
    Weight:180lbs
    bf%:Last year it was 17%, probably 17-20% now.

I'm just a guy who once worked out like the rest of you probably do and am looking for some inspiration and help to get started again and stay on track.

Goal:250lbs at 12% Bodyfat.

^The above is something I hope to accomplish before the age of 28.

No, I am not gay, I just want to avoid typing this 10 times in the future.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Gatorade is better then water during lifting....
    w00t

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    Originally posted by Jip

You can drink water without the mix, but you cannot drink the mix without the water.
    Sure you can, just eat it with a spoon
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's