Thread: Pre contest dieting

Threaded View

Pre contest dieting

all these guys in my gym have a contest coming up and are going through the posing practises, losing water, last diet tweeks and things.

they look excellent. one in particular is really huge and shredded.

anyway, they all listen to the guru of the gym, a middle aged woman with a lot of experience in competing and bb. I think the strongest reason they follow her around is that she is their source tho. but anyway

i overheard a conversation where she told the big guy to get the last bits of fat out of his diet now by switching from chicken to tuna. a No Fat pre contest diet?

isn`t that really weird?

anyway i asked about that and how she could explain that would make him lose a little more fat and she had no idea how to explain it but she swore it was effective and shed done this forever. she actually likes lower fat over high fat diets anytime.
    i threw in some scientific facts/theories that conflict this and the bunch of people there basically came to the conclusion that science is BS and that she had proved science wrong a million times.

so i explained that science is factual and if you prove it wrong you either didn`t read and research the research properly, or you made a big discovery and should be off to a uni to tell everybody about it.

then everybody thought i was arrogant and just trying to prove my point by using big words, and i have nothing to say about this because im not big and shredded like them.

I told my father all this and he sayd son you shouldn`t do that you should not debate with really stupid people. you think youll win or learn something but you always win and they dont see you do. i used to do that a lot as well.

this trainer says alot more things that conflict science. from her scientific background she doesn`t seem to have finished even lowest level HS....

she sayd one time that people who are really overweight shouldn`t lift weights and only do cardio... she tells people to do most exercises partial rom...

but them guys she gives routines and diets and drugs are huge and shredded alright.... im not sure what to think.
    Last edited by Reinier; 03-22-2003 at 01:14 AM.