Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Western Peaceniks Shocked Back To Reality

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

Western Peaceniks Shocked Back To Reality

http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=...1-023627-5923r

"A group of American anti-war demonstrators who came to Iraq with Japanese human shield volunteers made it across the border today with 14 hours of uncensored video, all shot without Iraqi government minders present. Kenneth Joseph, a young American pastor with the Assyrian Church of the East, told UPI the trip "had shocked me back to reality." Some of the Iraqis he interviewed on camera "told me they would commit suicide if American bombing didn't start. They were willing to see their homes demolished to gain their freedom from Saddam's bloody tyranny. They convinced me that Saddam was a monster the likes of which the world had not seen since Stalin and Hitler. He and his sons are sick sadists. Their tales of slow torture and killing made me ill, such as people put in a huge shredder for plastic products, feet first so they could hear their screams as bodies got chewed up from foot to head."

lmao at how ignorant and naive these war protestors really are. They are trying to prop up one of the most brutal regimes in the history of mankind. It really hurts them when they are faced with the facts and have to come back to the reality of the situation...

lmao@these asses.

at least this one woke up.

Totally, dude!
    Next they'll say we didn't tell them about how evil Saddam is.

Wannabebig Member
    Saddam is the guy that people like Reiner and Peace want to prop up...

Anti-War is not synonomous with Pro-Saddam. I am against the war, but I think Saddam is a reprehensible human being who should be shot. I just don't think war is the answer to the problems that we currently face.
    "Let's hope the ship has a captain, in other words, since we're not taking part in what's going on."
    -Noam Chomsky
    "It's like putting pearls on swine. You can dress up a pig... but it's still a pig... isn't it? oink oink oink..oink oink"
    -Henry Rollins
    Push the envelope... watch it bend..
    -Tool
    "In the valley of the shadow of death... I fear no one, because i am the baddest mother****er in the valley!"

Totally, dude!
    So you would rather let him continue killing people?
    Last edited by DoubleGulp; 03-22-2003 at 05:28 PM.

Gonnabebig Member
    Great post Spain!! Keep em coming! Its amazing how these protestors have no argument...their only reason for protesting is not to bring peace, but to bring themselves or their organizations more publicity. but while doing this, they are tying up police forces and putting millions of civilians at risk. It is frustrating, but what can ya do about it. It is a great relief to see the support on this site though!

Scuzzbucket is numero uno Scuzzbucket's Avatar
    Anti-War is not synonomous with Pro-Saddam. I am against the war, but I think Saddam is a reprehensible human being who should be shot.
    Amen. Too many people are too gung-ho to realize that anti-war does not mean pro-Saddam. There are scores of blood thirsty tyrants on the planet who should be replaced... why aren't we going after all of them?
    "Always find something to fuel your growth, and know that each rep brings you closer to your goal." - Tommi Thorvildsen
    ------------------------------------------------

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by Scuzzbucket

Amen. Too many people are too gung-ho to realize that anti-war does not mean pro-Saddam. There are scores of blood thirsty tyrants on the planet who should be replaced... why aren't we going after all of them?
    We are all anti-war, but sometimes circumstances are such that war is the only means available to bring peace and justice to a country, a region, or the world. This is one of those occasions. This notion of anti-war not equating to pro-saddam sounds good but is clearly unrealistic given the current situation in Iraq. If you arent for replacing Saddam, then you are for keeping him in power, because he wont leave without forceful means. Clearly, he isnt going to go away willingly, so we must use force to remove him. You seriously dont believe that there is any other manner than war to depose this maniacal killer.

The fact that other brutal regimes exist in the world is not a valid arguement for taking no action in Iraq. It doesnt even make sense, unless you are saying we shouldnt act anywhere unless we act everywhere. Under your posit, we would NEVER take any action, no matter what the circumstances, because other brutal dictators exist. Please explain how the existence of other bad governments should preclude our action in Iraq.

Yes, other bad governments are oppressing people in the world. But what do they have to do with the situation in Iraq? Each country is an independant foreign policy issue and should be treated based on the individual circumstances of that country. Why people claim that there is some sort of linkage between Iraq and say, North Korea, is disingenuous at best. If you want to discuss actions that we take with regard to a certain country, thats fine. But dont act as if we should lump all countries into the same pot.

That being said, things changed after 9/11. We are in an ongoing war against terror. The first dictatorship that we removed from power was the Taliban in Afganistan. The next is Saddam Hussein in Iraq. Who is next, I wont begin to hazard a guess. I do think the other countries who were previously supporting terrorists will take serious note of these 2 military campaigns. We will NOT tolerate countries supporting terrorists, invading other countries, or not living up to their obligations. And we will not sit idlely by and protest action while at the same time not giving any other reasonable alternative to make the world a safer place.

Totally, dude!
    Word up, spain!

It amuses me that those who are against this action often say this: "If we are going after him, why not everyone." This infers that if we were going after every dictator, then it would be ok and they would support it. Which is 100% untrue. So Scuzz and others, please refrain from using it as a reason to oppose this action.

Thanks!
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Overtrainer.
    WD Spain.

Anti-war protestors are the kind of people who think that they know everything and think that the world should operate in a magical fairy vacuum. They don't know jack**** because they didnt finish the first year of their arts degree and the world isn't in a magical vacuum it is as chaotic as it ever was.

War will never cease to be a reality.
    Utopia will never be a reality.
    Therefore anti-war protestors should wake up and get a job.

so now people who are against this war are silly naive hippies who didn`t finish their first year of art studies....

The vast majority of europe, and in my experience especially the more educated ones, oppose this action.

The things sayd in this thread are totally besides the point. if the bath party is cruel to his people is totally besides the point.
    I cant believe you can even watch the speeches your politicians are giving these days with a straight face. i think theyre having a hard time keeping one themselves.
    Last edited by Reinier; 03-23-2003 at 03:12 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by Reinier
    so now people who are against this war are silly naive hippies who didn`t finish their first year of art studies....

The vast majority of europe, and in my experience especially the more educated ones, oppose this action.

The things sayd in this thread are totally besides the point. if the bath party is cruel to his people is totally besides the point.
    I cant believe you can even watch the speeches your politicians are giving these days with a straight face. i think theyre having a hard time keeping one themselves.
    As usual Reiner, you didnt refute even one of my arguements, but simply say that "it is beside the point". Well, what is your point? America is bad and is responsible for all the worlds problems is typically what I hear you say. America doesnt have the right to defend herself? You have no arguement and yet you pontificate from on high like you are some enlightened soul.

Over 70% of Americans are in favor of the action we are taking in Iraq. I could care less what the Europeans, who have sold their souls to the devil in making deals with Saddam, think about our actions. The UN, specifically France, Germany, and Russia, have proven they will put their own individual economic gain ahead of the security of the world. Those countires have billions of dollars in contracts/debts with the Iraqi regime so they put those interests first. The UN wont enforce its own resolutions. They dont have the will or resolve to make tin horn dictators live up to their word, but we do. Now, go away until you can make at least one sensible rebutble little boy..

If this war is not the answer what is? Please do tell me it's more inspections. Saddam was never going to give up his WMD or stop torturing people who opposed him. Removal by force or leaving him in power were the only options available. We chose the former.
    Last edited by gopher; 03-23-2003 at 04:42 AM.

Spain - America doesnt have the right to defend herself?

what? you are attacking Iraq, what are you defending.

Its very strange how you say they are such a big treath and all, but you reckon to take their whole army out in just days.

That just doesnt make to much sense.

Keeping a straight face when Donald or bush talks is difficult, cause they say" mass-destruction wepaons " their main excuse for the whole thing, so many times, its like their talking to children on a class trip who needs to focus or something.

and how come every intelligent person in the outside world thinks this war is unecessary, oh they are just stupid hippies.

Remember this is just my opinion about your leaders, not anything against anyone here personally.

Spain- Icould care less what the Europeans, who have sold their souls to the devil in making deals with Saddam

USA has made many deals with Saddam, also giving him biological weapons.

Spain - Now, go away until you can make at least one sensible rebutble little boy..

Why do you feel the need to go personal, Reinier is 17 but still owns in almost every debate he has been in, he is like a young Elpietro.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Overtrainer.
    Originally posted by Rock

and how come every intelligent person in the outside world thinks this war is unecessary, oh they are just stupid hippies.
    There are many different forms of intelligence as stated in Multiple Intelligence Theory.

The Peace protesters (for this specific situation) are intelligent enough to know that violence is bad. However, they are not intelligent enough to realise that the rest of the world has not evolved at the same pace as them.

While Cyril the peace protester can withold himself from comitting a violent act he doesn't realise that Saddam THE MEGLOMANIAC DICTATOR is neccessarily going to do the same thing. If everyone thought like the peace protestors the world would be great and wonderful and even MAGICAL. But unfortunately there are tyrants in this world who have not read Richard Bach's latest self help book and so feel the need to torture, maim, kill, opress, rape, pillage etc etc, to prove that they are the man. This is a problem, especially with Arab nations because while the hippie protestors may be 50 years more evolved than I and others on this board are.......Saddam and similar are 600 years behind.

You can not ask a DICTATOR to do anything. Because a DICTATOR would not be a DICTATOR if they did anything anyone else told them such as be peaceful or don't kill people. That is why Saddam is a DICTATOR because he likes to CONTROL EVERYTHING and OWN EVERYONE. You try talking to a DICTATOR and you may find yourself shot, poisoned whatever.

Stop defending evil DICTATORs it is very annoying.

Mystic Eric
    Originally posted by WestyHeadbanger

There are many different forms of intelligence as stated in Multiple Intelligence Theory.

The Peace protesters (for this specific situation) are intelligent enough to know that violence is bad. However, they are not intelligent enough to realise that the rest of the world has not evolved at the same pace as them.

While Cyril the peace protester can withold himself from comitting a violent act he doesn't realise that Saddam THE MEGLOMANIAC DICTATOR is neccessarily going to do the same thing. If everyone thought like the peace protestors the world would be great and wonderful and even MAGICAL. But unfortunately there are tyrants in this world who have not read Richard Bach's latest self help book and so feel the need to torture, maim, kill, opress, rape, pillage etc etc, to prove that they are the man. This is a problem, especially with Arab nations because while the hippie protestors may be 50 years more evolved than I and others on this board are.......Saddam and similar are 600 years behind.

You can not ask a DICTATOR to do anything. Because a DICTATOR would not be a DICTATOR if they did anything anyone else told them such as be peaceful or don't kill people. That is why Saddam is a DICTATOR because he likes to CONTROL EVERYTHING and OWN EVERYONE. You try talking to a DICTATOR and you may find yourself shot, poisoned whatever.

Stop defending evil DICTATORs it is very annoying.
    lmao

Originally posted by Rock
    Spain - what? you are attacking Iraq, what are you defending.

*that's great Stein...so we're vultures, what are you going to say when Saddam finally unleashes those chemical weapons and blasts the americans and the british...just a bunch of modern day Nazis eh*

Its very strange how you say they are such a big treath and all, but you reckon to take their whole army out in just days.

*so a couple early battles makes a war, have you not been watching, the majority of the republican guard is in and around baghdad, they want to fight in baghdad where they can use civilians as shields cause we'd kill them all in a desert war*

Keeping a straight face when Donald or bush talks is difficult, cause they say" mass-destruction wepaons " their main excuse for the whole thing, so many times, its like their talking to children on a class trip who needs to focus or something.

*another interesting viewpoint...wtf is wrong with you, did you not read 1441, even the french said that if Saddam didn't disarm force would be justifiable, or maybe you would like to continue sympathizing with Iraq's neighbors to the north in Palestine who repeatedly have called for Iraq to fire at Isreal *

USA has made many deals with Saddam, also giving him biological weapons.

*and france, russia, germany and china have bought oil from him, funding his regime and allowing the perpetuation of his cruel treatment of the iraqi people...why aren't you assailing those countries with your oh so witty replies*

Spain - Now, go away until you can make at least one sensible rebutble little boy..

*hmm...Spain has argued his points quite eloquently without bringing up the same lame ass excuses time and time again*

Why do you feel the need to go personal, Reinier is 17 but still owns in almost every debate he has been in, he is like a young Elpietro.

*i hope you apologize to ElPietro for insulting him*
    Last edited by Pup; 03-23-2003 at 08:01 AM.
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Originally posted by spain
    The UN, specifically France, Germany, and Russia, have proven they will put their own individual economic gain ahead of the security of the world.

Hell yea, when the US attacked on Serbia, France was standng by the US and don't forget that the war took place on European soil. Now they ve become the peace lovers of Europe.. Hypocrites!!
    Last edited by Wizard; 03-23-2003 at 08:20 AM.

Originally posted by spain
    As usual Reiner, you didnt refute even one of my arguements, but simply say that "it is beside the point". Well, what is your point? America is bad and is responsible for all the worlds problems is typically what I hear you say. America doesnt have the right to defend herself? You have no arguement and yet you pontificate from on high like you are some enlightened soul.

Over 70% of Americans are in favor of the action we are taking in Iraq. I could care less what the Europeans, who have sold their souls to the devil in making deals with Saddam, think about our actions. The UN, specifically France, Germany, and Russia, have proven they will put their own individual economic gain ahead of the security of the world. Those countires have billions of dollars in contracts/debts with the Iraqi regime so they put those interests first. The UN wont enforce its own resolutions. They dont have the will or resolve to make tin horn dictators live up to their word, but we do. Now, go away until you can make at least one sensible rebutble little boy..
    ill bite. what saddam is or does is besides the point, because that is not the reason for this war, because obviously nobody gives a **** who isn`t effected, and nobody taking this action is effected.

Whether america has the right to defend itself is also irrelevant since saddam is no threat to the usa.

If europeans sold their souls making business with the bath party then what the hell has the usa done putting them there?
    the USA installed a whole bunch of cruel governments and our opinion doesn`t matter cuz we trade with one.

Those who voted against the war proposition did not set their morals aside for money anymore than the americans are doing with this attack.

Who is surprised they dont want to listen to the un if it makes them poor and unable to trade freely and free itself from its poverty. poverty that exists since the bath party was installed. before that, iraq was a haven of prosperity in the middle east.

Americans dont even care about the bath party, they say on tv that the iraqi military is stationed in a ring outside baghdad where they can be easily bombed when in reality the iraqi soldiers are undercover as civilians just like in umkaza (spell check) which should have been taken over by now but the us army is having a harder time than expected or reported.
    your media is so biased. the owner of most radio media is actually organising a pro war rally.

I expect they will leave the cities alone entirely other then the airstrikes and move north and just take the oil fields.
    Now that its in their advantage suddenly the us military admits theres a chance saddam has been dead for a long time. everybody knew this already.

Dont call me little boy, im likely to be taller, heavier and smarter than you.
    Last edited by Reinier; 03-23-2003 at 11:11 AM.

Totally, dude!
    the USA installed a whole bunch of cruel governments and our opinion doesn`t matter cuz we trade with one.
    The Germans killed the Jews. Shut the **** up.

once again is that all you have to say?
    Last edited by Reinier; 03-23-2003 at 10:12 AM.

Totally, dude!
    My point is you constantly bring things up all the way since people started coming to America. You don't see the difference between 30 years, 60 years, or even 200 years. You hate America and you're too much of a coward to admit it. You claimed that Algeria is a U.S. colony because your father told you. You claim the U.S. is imperial but can't back it up with facts. You need to do more research and stop listening to the idiots you're currently talking to.

I'm can't decide if I'm pro or anti....but it seems like whenever the pro side can't decide the real reason we are there. First its because of weapons of mass destruction. Then someone says, theres no proof of that. Then its because of 9/11. Then someone says, he had no ties to that. Then its because of how he is treating his own people. That last one is the only unarguable fact there is on the pro-side. Then its a question if ideology, whether or not it is the US's place to intervene. And no arguments are going to change someone's opinion about that.

And oh yeah, resolution 1441. The UN screwed up bigtime.