Thread: What do u Guys to About Body Hair??????

bench, deadlift & eat!!!!! Mic Soloist's Avatar

What do u Guys to About Body Hair??????

Do u shave it???

Leave it???

Some other method??

I hate having chest hair, and I also get a little hair on my upper back.

I'm busting ass to look good and be strong, it would be nice to see the chest muscles

Currently I shave my chest 1-2 times a week but it grows back faster and thicker.

Is there hope?

-peace-
    Current Stats

24 years old

5'10 220 pounds

Waist: 38 Shoulders 56 Chest: 47 Arms (cold): 17.5 Forearms: 13.5 Quads: 26.5 Calves: 16.5 Neck: 17.5

PR's

BB Bench: 315 @ 215
    Squats: 410 @ 205 (last winter)
    Deads 515 @ 214
    Total: 1240

My Journal:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...&page=16&pp=25

My AIM: MSOLOIST

Intensity: Lunch comes up! And breakfast! MET- Rx! Egg whites! Hot Stuff! Designer Whey! Yohimbe! Coenzyme Q! L-Carnatine. MTCs. OKG. All immersed in a mixture of stomach acids that peels the ivory off your teeth.

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    There are lots of threads on this subject...I'm sure if you do a search you'll find all kinds of info and discussions on various hair removal methods...

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

Back at it
    Your hair is not growing back thicker as a result of shaving it... that's a complete myth.

It might be getting thicker, but that's because you're 20 years old and it will be filling in naturally.

Originally posted by GIS
    Your hair is not growing back thicker as a result of shaving it... that's a complete myth.

It might be getting thicker, but that's because you're 20 years old and it will be filling in naturally.
    that's the complete and utter truth, 100%

and I take all the hair off... NAIR
    Big? Not really. I'm 5'7" 196 lbs.
    Strong? Like a bull!

Bodyfat currently at : dropping
    Personal Records:
    Bench - 440 (raw)
    Squat - 600 (belt & wraps)
    Deads- 585 (belt)

----------------------------------------------
    It’s a bird… It’s a plane… nope, it’s me soarin’ past everybody.

The only hair I shave is on my face, and thats hit or miss.

for my upper back and shoulders i use Nair, stuff stinks but works pretty good. ive also used the epil-stop spray, which worked quicker and easier than nair, but more expensive.

the only things i shave are my face and genitals
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

bench, deadlift & eat!!!!! Mic Soloist's Avatar
    Originally posted by GIS

not that I don't believe u, but could u please direct me to some place that can prove that..... because my doctor told me that it did make it grow back thicker.

-peace-
    Current Stats

24 years old

5'10 220 pounds

Waist: 38 Shoulders 56 Chest: 47 Arms (cold): 17.5 Forearms: 13.5 Quads: 26.5 Calves: 16.5 Neck: 17.5

PR's

BB Bench: 315 @ 215
    Squats: 410 @ 205 (last winter)
    Deads 515 @ 214
    Total: 1240

My Journal:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...&page=16&pp=25

My AIM: MSOLOIST

Intensity: Lunch comes up! And breakfast! MET- Rx! Egg whites! Hot Stuff! Designer Whey! Yohimbe! Coenzyme Q! L-Carnatine. MTCs. OKG. All immersed in a mixture of stomach acids that peels the ivory off your teeth.

There was something on TV...MTV actually about that urban legend crap...ya, it's all bull****, don't believe it. The only reason you might think it grows back different is because it's cut at an angle.
    Peace Be With You.

You're also cutting the hair at it's base, or it's thickest spot, so it loses it's natural taper. It's not growing back thicker. It never stopped growing...it's just pushing up from it's thickest spot, so it looks and feels thicker.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Originally posted by Mic Soloist

not that I don't believe u, but could u please direct me to some place that can prove that..... because my doctor told me that it did make it grow back thicker.

-peace-

lazy

http://www.menstuff.org/columns/q%26a/01.html

http://www.teenhealthfx.org/answers/232.html

those aren't necessarily proof, but I've been shaving my arms/legs/chest, etc for a long time, and if i let it grow out, its no thicker than it ever was.
    Big? Not really. I'm 5'7" 196 lbs.
    Strong? Like a bull!

Bodyfat currently at : dropping
    Personal Records:
    Bench - 440 (raw)
    Squat - 600 (belt & wraps)
    Deads- 585 (belt)

----------------------------------------------
    It’s a bird… It’s a plane… nope, it’s me soarin’ past everybody.

for what it's worth, I'm not a doctor but I'm in my last year of a B.A. of biology. Hair is dead (dead keratinized epithelial tissue), and hair growth patterns are genetic. There aren't any feedback mechanisms that increase hair growth if its shaved/removed and how could there be, the hair is dead. It's not like cutting off a finger or something. If you could stimulate hair growth by shaving, bald guys would be shaving thier heads for awhile instead of getting plugs.

Also, screw it, just leave the chest hair. Thats what I do (and I have TONS) and I still get laid plenty. John Wayne didn't shave his chest. Vikings didn't shave thier chests either, and they were total badasses. Neither did pirates or ninjas. However the back hair is a different story, if I get any of that I'm getting it lasered. Undoubtedly that's what the vikings would have done if they had lasers, but they didn't. They did however use Nair but strictly for ball hair, which is too disgusting even for vikings.

Seriously though if you care that much just save up for laser hair removal. The latest generation of lasers only requires one session to remove hair forever. It's kinda pricey but less so in the long run than buying wax/nair/razor blades every few days, plus you bypass all that hassle and there's never any stubble. Here in Tacoma many places have specials from time to time that are pretty good deals, so maybe look for that. Electrolysis is pretty much obsolete.

Originally posted by mmckinley

Seriously though if you care that much just save up for laser hair removal. The latest generation of lasers only requires one session to remove hair forever. It's kinda pricey but less so in the long run than buying wax/nair/razor blades every few days, plus you bypass all that hassle and there's never any stubble. Here in Tacoma many places have specials from time to time that are pretty good deals, so maybe look for that. Electrolysis is pretty much obsolete.

Actually it takes many treatments & is gona cost you $1000s!
    To get good at most things takes 2-4 years i.e BodyBuilding, Martial Arts, Musical Instrements ect.
    To Master it, takes a life time - Buff Stuff

The answer to every query is, of course, "squats". - drew

BUFF

wax, it's painful but it lasts about 4 weeks, compared to 2 days with shaving

yeah I guess you're right buff stuff. They have ads here that say like "$350 chest" etc and brag about some kinda gen 3 laser or something that only takes one treatment. The gen 3 thing is probly bs though, and if you have to go back 2 more times thats like a grand right there.

Your fathers and grandfathers are turning over in there graves right now.

Originally posted by twcolabear
    wax, it's painful but it lasts about 4 weeks, compared to 2 days with shaving
    Yup, got my appointment tomorrow. Front and back, Im quite the gorrilla. Painful, but nothing you cant live through.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!