The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Bail Enforcement Agent kathnmarc's Avatar

Forearm training tools

Does anyone know about any forearm training tools that really work to increase forearm strength and size. I need some quick mass on my forearms. Any of those forearm exercisers work and give enough tension to continue training beyond the "normal guy" forearm strength???

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wrist Curls/Reverse, Hammer Curls, wrist rollers.

They are all good 4-arm builders, but there is a flaw in your desires. which is "quick mass" im afraid to say it will take time to adapt to the loadings and build, presuming your diet is 'postive in calories'

You will experience local and tempory hypertrophy in the 4-arms from the blood rushing to the area, otherwise it will take time.

B-R
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Bail Enforcement Agent kathnmarc's Avatar

Should have clarified....

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear on my definition of "quick". By that, I meant within the next 6 months. I know the deal on that, but I was asking more specifically about forearm gadgets to use when I'm out of the gym. Do you know if any of those gadgets are any good??? I have tried the little machine that rests on your forearm and uses cable tension, but the max tension is not enough on those. Is there anything pneumatic out there to that effect?

lol, id hate to see what you see as slow!!

4-arm gadgets imo are not very good, if you are lucky you could find one with variable resistance in which you could make progress, but generally the top level tends to be quite low in resistance for strength trainers.

Do you have any weights outside of the gym? if so you could do what i have done and used some plastic piping and drill a hole in an area attach some strong rope and tie to the weights, and eventually you will be able to progress to heavier weights and bigger 4arms.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

I second wrist curls and reverse wrist curls.

Depending on your progress so far, 6 months may or may not be "quick". Don't expect to put inches on your forearms in 6 months if you've been training them for a year or more.

Re: Forearm training tools

Originally posted by kathnmarc
    Does anyone know about any forearm training tools that really work to increase forearm strength and size.
    You were born with one.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

FAT
    do more stuff with dumbells then barbells.
    exchange some of your other exercises, if you can, to heavier load ones, like more deadlifts, chinups, and dips.

or try switch hitting
    Last edited by PaulB; 03-31-2003 at 10:59 PM.
    LHA 4 LIFE

i bought the little bar thing with the rope attached for wrist roll ups, its prolly the most painful exercise ever, ive noticed some decent results with it as long as i stay consistent.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

The Tuna Tempter
    I was just about to suggest that exercise. I made my own with a cylindrical piece of wood (a cricket stump to be exact) and rope tied around the center, I think this is the same thing that Big Ron said he did with plastic piping.

-Tank
    Life's too short to be small