Thread: Question on sleep. And makeup sleep

Hybrid View

Tiny and Mighty

Question on sleep. And makeup sleep

Ok, I always try to get in at least 7 good hours of sleep. Weekends I usually catch up.

But sometimes, I don't fall asleep until 3am (I have to wake up at 6:45am). Today for instance, I had to go to work at 7am yet I didn't fall asleep until 3am.

I left work today at 10am and came home and slept for 5 hours. Is this considered adequate rest? I just did a workout on Sunday and I'm afraid it was all for nothing? Or does the makeup rest I got count? I do feel refreshed.

Wannabebig Member
    Is your lifestyle keeping you awake? Or do you lie down at a decent hour (like 10pm) and literally can't fall asleep. If you can honestly rule out that your lifestyle is keeping you awake. Have you tried an over the counter sleep aid? The other option would be to go to the doctor. There are a lot of prescription sleep aids out there: nortriptyline, Sonata, ambien, etc.

lack of sleep doesnt counteract a good workout. i get piss poor sleep at night but make up for it with a nap during the day.

actually i dont know the answer, so im makin one up, but honestly i dont think its that harmful unless you consistently night after night only get 3 hours of sleep then eventually it would cause some problems.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Tiny and Mighty
    Well, it's not my lifestyle that keeps me awake. Sometimes I take naps in the middle of the day, then I can't fall asleep. I was just concerned that's all. I normally don't have sleeping difficulties. If I do I pop half a xanax. But that makes me sleep too much.

Any more opinions?
    thanks guys

Wannabebig Member
    I would try not napping. As for the xanax, how much are you taking that wipes you out? You could try taking 1/4 tab? You might want to look into Sonata. It is fast acting and only lasts 3-4 hours. Its the first drug I've tried that doesn't make me feel groggy when I wake up. Even though it only lasts 3-4 hours, maybe it would be enough for you just to get to sleep then you would sleep the 8-9 hours?

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Naps are benificial to you. That being said you want to have most of your sleep in 1 chunk and then a smaller nap at some time. This is to allow you to traverse the wide ranges of types of sleep. But by far, lack of sleep does not negate the fact that you went to the gym. Does it hinder you a bit because of lack of energy? Maybe...
    w00t