Thread: cutt or not to cutt

cutt or not to cutt

hey there my friends,
    I was posing in the mirror as you do .. lol and well i feel as if i've bulked up enough and i've got to the point where i look soft (abs especially) and i figuerd its time to cut.
    The BiG question is,,, what do you suggest on how to cut? Do you believe i should continue with my normal routine of low volume high intensity ? and just add cardio on my off days and also lower my cals? Any advice would be most appreciated.

P.s.

If i ate just my normal food (the good stuff) and kept my cal intake level and just added cardio would that help me to keep at the same size except cut?

any advice plz..

Do that voodoo that he do

Re: cutt or not to cutt

Originally posted by Kirman
    hey there my friends,
    I was posing in the mirror as you do .. lol and well i feel as if i've bulked up enough and i've got to the point where i look soft (abs especially) and i figuerd its time to cut.
    The BiG question is,,, what do you suggest on how to cut? Do you believe i should continue with my normal routine of low volume high intensity ? and just add cardio on my off days and also lower my cals? Any advice would be most appreciated.

P.s.

If i ate just my normal food (the good stuff) and kept my cal intake level and just added cardio would that help me to keep at the same size except cut?

any advice plz..
    I think you've hit on it. One of the keys to cutting without losiing mass is to not do anything too drastic. Everything needs to be in stages.

Keep lifting as you do now. That's how you built your mass, and that's how you'll keep it. As you cut, you may lose a little strength, but keep lifting as heavy as you can.

Don't jump on the cardio and diet band wagon at the same time. Since you don't do any cardio now, I'd add in a couple of sessions a week. Keep your calories the same. Do that for a couple of weeks, and see where that takes you. If you aren't losing fast enough, add in another session or two per week. Again, do that for a couple of weeks and reevaluate. If you need more, THEN start messing with the diet. Drop cals very slowly and in stages.

This is assuming you don't have a show or something that you need to drop much faster for. This will be a slow cut, but you should find decent results. The big key is to not do anything too shocking on the body.

thnx for that reply
    I figured thats what i'd have to do but what about sets and reps?
    Keep them just the same.. because i figure that more reps less weight for cutting ????

thnx again

thnx for that reply
    I figured thats what i'd have to do but what about sets and reps?
    Keep them just the same.. because i figure that more reps less weight for cutting ????

thnx again

Do that voodoo that he do
    on more reps, less weight. Only hippies "tone". Don't be a hippy.

I'd keep it the same. You might be forced to drop weight eventually as a result of less body mass/strength, but even then keep the same rep scheme.

Like I said, you built your muscles with heavy weight, and that's how you're going to keep them.
    Last edited by Isaac Wilkins; 04-02-2003 at 10:35 AM.

Like Borris said, don't change anything routine wise (provided it was working for you before hand). If it was able to put muscle on you, then it's able to perserve muscle while you cut. The whole "high rep" to cut is a myth. It doesn't shape the muscles, or bring them out of anything, and it burns a smidgion more calories doing them extra reps.. so there's no point in it.

Eat less to cut. Run more to cut.. Those things make sense. Lifting less doesn't.
    LaLa

I've heard that drop sets are a good thing to incorporate more often into your workouts while on a cut. Bulking I would do a few drop sets about every 2 or 3 times I'd workout the muscle group. Anyone have any thoughts on more frequent drop sets for cutting?
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54