Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wibble - A Work In Progress

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar

Wibble - A Work In Progress

• About
      Well I've finally decided to start an online journal. Figured I might as well grab a piece of good old WBB after reading it for many months. Maybe it'll get my posts up some also if I'm not too lazy about it.

I've been keeping a little journal of my workout routines for the past 5 weeks or so, but I won't bother posting them. Might as well start with a new week, so I'll probably start posting Monday or Tuesday depending on how tired I am (have to do nightshift Sunday nights so I sometimes move Mondays workout to Tuesday). Also I need some time for my shoulder to heal up, its been giving me trouble all day so I'm trying to take it easy. Didn't even get to workout, I was raving mad. Friday is the fun day too. Hopefully by Sunday it'll feel better though and I'll go get todays workout in...

Well, since this is supposed to be a sort of introduction, I might as well tell a little about myself:

I'm a 22 year old male, about 5'8" and 140lbs. I'm currently following WBB#1 and have been for almost 2 months. I'm trying to bulk of course, and it seems to be going fine (sort of). I'm getting stronger in the gym but not gaining on the scale yet...we'll see if I can't fix that when I get my weight gainer thrown into my diet.

As for pictures and stuff, maybe I'll attach a few when I make some good noticable progress.

Well, thanks for readin!
    Last edited by wibble; 04-22-2003 at 10:48 AM.

April 8th, 2003 - Chest/Back Day

Sleep
    I had a decent amount of sleep last night. I got home after working a night shift at 8am yesterday morning, and lazed around a bit watching tv and reading the board. I went to bed around 12pm and got up again at 7pm. Went back to bed around 12:30 last night and woke up 7am today, so I'm doing alright in that area.

Workout
    Well I finally got back to the gym after taking a few days off. I hurt my shoulder somehow Friday and couldn't make it to that workout so I took it pretty easy all weekend hoping I'd be rearing to go today. Got to the gym, warmed up on my bench with the bar a bit and everything seemed to feel ok. My shoulder was clicking a little but it didn't hurt so I put on the 35's for a test run. After about 6 reps I decided my shoulder was doing pretty good so I moved to my working set with the 45's.

Bench Press: 135lbsx2x8

Next exercise was the Incline DB Press. I wasn't feeling too energetic today and had some trouble on my bench so I figured this exercise wouldn't be very good either. I was right. I picked up the 40's and only managed to get 1 set of 6, and 1 set of 7. I wasn't very happy with that as I can usually get the 2 sets of 8. But all in all it was good to be at the gym at all so I didn't worry about it too much, I'll get it next time.

Incline DB Press: 40lbsx1x6, 40lbsx1x7

I was kind of worried about doing my dips next seeing how things were going so far, but I didn't have as much trouble with these and managed to get my full sets, although it wasn't easy.
    Might try the 25's next time since I can get 2 sets of 8...

Weighted Dips: 22.5lbsx2x8

That was it for the chest. Next up I had my back exercises and oh man was I afraid of these. If I had energy problems with the chest then my back would definately be a tough one.

I posted a question in the Training section about Chinups yesterday because I was using a giant grip and found them pretty damn hard even though I could get 2 sets of 8... well today instead of going so huge I decided I would try them with a grip that was a little wider than my shoulders. It was a MILLION time easier. I busted out my first set of 8 in no time, one after the other. I actually felt the muscles in my back working this way too, whereas before I didn't and it kind of seemed like it was just my forearms and shoulders doing the work. Needless tp say I'll be using this grip and adding some weight next time.

Chinups: BWx2x8

After finishing up there I thought I was in for some pain next. It was Deadlift time. After last weeks Deadlift session my back was destroyed, so I figured tomorrow was gonna be rough since I'm on my feet and lifting stuff for 8 hours. I used the same weight as I did last time, which was only 155lbs. Although it was a little tiring, my back didn't feel as worked as it did last week. In the prior weeks I was only using 45's because I wanted to get my form decent. Next week I think I'm gonna up the weight on the Deadlifts though for sure.

Deadlifts: 155lbsx2x8

Bentover Rows...I'm still working on my form for these, I find them pretty awkward but I do get the burn in my upper back so I'm not really worried if my form isn't perfect right now. As long as its working...as I progress I hope my form will too.

Bentover Rows: 115lbsx2x8

My last exercise was Shrugs. I'm still wondering about using a machine for these as I don't seem to get much of a workout using the 60lb dumbells. I read somewhere that you should use a weight that doesn't make your neck twitch when you lift them...but I can lift them all the way up even though I get that twitching and it doesn't seem to be working my traps very much. Maybe I'll try them on one of the machines next time...

Shrugs: 60lbsx1x10

Well that was it for todays workout. Not too impressed, I've had better but like I said, it was good to be back in the gym.

Diet
    My diet wasn't overly bad so far today, except it was a little high in carbs. I need to get my hands on some Natty PB and Flax Oil though.

Meal 1:
    1 cup Unsweetened Orange Juice
    1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Whey
    1 tablespoon Olive Oil
    1 serving Oatmeal
    1 large Banana
    1 cup 2% Milk

Meal 2:
    2 cups 1% Chocolate Milk (Gotta drop these, too many carbs)
    1/2 Pack Of Trail Mix

Meal 3:
    1 microwave Lasagna (Gotta stop eating these also. They don't seem overly bad but I'd like to be eating Natty PB sandwiches instead of this though. Too many carbs and I could use more good fat)

Meal 4:
    1/2 Pack Of Trail Mix

Meal 5 (Post Workout):
    4 scoops N-Large2

This is what I ate so far, but its only 7:15pm. I'll be eating some baked store bought pizza now that I usually wouldn't eat but it was cooked for me and I am bulking so what the hell. My metabolism is like the burning fires of hell anyway.

Total: 2597 Cals - 341g Carbs/138g Protien/79g Fat

Well that about does it, my very first Journal Entry. Woo! Took too long to write though. I want to be around the 2500 mark for my diet so I think I'll have to drop the high carb foods I mentioned above and get it replaced with something good asap. This will lower my carb intake and allow me to get more protien and good fats.

Let me know what you all think. I'm open to any comments/criticism/spam you might have. :evillaugh
    Last edited by wibble; 04-22-2003 at 02:21 PM.

All I have to say is I love your name..... lol

April 10th, 2003 - Leg Day

Haha Thanks Ritzol. I have no idea what a wibble is but it must be something that kicks ass. Why else would it be called a wibble? Anyways, I was thinking about not bothering to post my routine for Thursday because my diet sucked and I hate posting unless everything is right on. Guess I'll give it a shot though. Going by memory here.

Sleep
    Guess I slept good, can't remember.

Workout
    Felt pretty good for my legs day, except for the fact that I'm still struggling with my SLDL's. I just can't seem to get them. Either I get the workout in my lower back which is obviously wrong, or I only get a slight stretch from bending over with my legs straight. I'm sick of trying to get these, I guess I'm just not built for them. Next legs day I'll be changing these up with Hyper Extensions maybe. Anyways...

Squats: 135lbsx1x10, 145lbsx1x8, 155lbsx2x8

For the hack squats I do them on the Smith, I'm not sure if I'll keep doing them this way or go to the Barbell. Don't remember why I started doing them on the Smith in the first place, maybe because it hurt my knees... Anyways I do them chest into the machine instead of back also. Think I should attempt the regular Barbell Hacks again though next time...

Squats On Smith: 230lbsx2x8

Leg Curls were next, nothing much to say about these really.

Leg Curls: 95lbsx2x8

SLDL's I didn't do for the previously mentioned reasons.

Standing Calve Raises: 112kgx4x10

Diet

Meal 1:
    1 cup Unsweetened Orange Juice
    1 scoop Optimum Nutrition Whey
    1 tablespoon Olive Oil
    1 serving Oatmeal
    1 large Banana
    1 cup 2% Milk

Meal 2:
    1 Pack Trail Mix

Meal 3:
    1 bowl Beef Soup
    1 Hamburger w/ Ketchup & Mustard

Meal 4:
    1 Sub Sandwich

Meal 5 (Post Workout):
    4 scoops N-Large2

Meal 6:
    1 Steak
    1 Weiner
    1 Baked Potato w/ Butter

Diet wasn't the greatest today, could have been better. Not very impressed at all...next week I'll have to eat only what I can count...

Total: ? Cals - ?g Carbs/?g Protien/?g Fat

Energizer Bunnie
    Nice journal title

Good luck with your goals and welcome to journal land
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

April 11th, 2003 - Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps Day

Sleep
    I had about 7 to 7.5 hours sleep last night. Woke up feeling pretty tired and stayed in bed for an extra 10 minutes. I was afraid I was gonna be late for work then so I jumped up and got ready and was feeling pretty good for the rest of the day then.

Workout
    Had a good workout today, I was pretty happy with it seeing as I couldn't do my Shoulders/Biceps/Triceps day last week due to a bad shoulder. Today I went in with the attitude that I have to work extra hard where I missed that day.

First I had the Military Press. Decided I would up the weight from my usual 85lbs to 95lbs. Wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get it since the last time I found 85lbs pretty hard on my last few reps...I managed to do it though and was pretty happy because it was the first time in awhile that I've moved up in this exercise.

Military Press: 95lbsx2x8

Next I had the Seated DB Press. I figured since I moved up on the Military Press I would try to move up on this, and every other exercise for Shoulders and Triceps today. I managed to do it here also and was happy as the last time the 25's felt a little tough on the last few reps. Seems like I finally managed to progress in shoulders. Took awhile compared to all my other exercises where the gains came pretty quickly...

Seated DB Press: 30lbsx2x8

For my Lateral Raises I was thinking about doing my usual 15's because I tried the 22.5's once before and they seemed too tough. But seeing as I moved up in the other two exercises I had some more motivation and tried to keep the streak going.

Lateral Raises: 22.5lbsx2x10

Triceps are one of my favorite parts to work because I've been progressing really fast in these since I first started. I also managed to move up in both of my tricep exercises this week. Moved up in my Close Grip from 105lbs to 115lbs. I was only benching this amount about a month and a half ago and having trouble on my last reps. Felt good to do it for my Close Grips. Might even be able to go a little heavier.

Close Grip Bench: 115lbsx2x8

Skullcrushers are probably one of my favorite exercises. I've been shooting up in these almost every other week or so. I went up 10lbs in this exercise also.

Skullcrushers: 82.5lbsx2x8

My Bicep Curls are a little disappointing I think. I haven't really progressed in these since I started, except maybe rep wise. Today however I only managed to get 35lbsx1x8 and 35lbsx1x6. I was kinda mad that I couldn't get the last two reps, my left arm failed me before my right so I said screw it, I still got my 6-8 so I'll move on. Maybe next time I'll get 8 for both sets...

Bicep Curls: 35lbsx1x8, 35lbsx1x6

I've seemed to catch up to my Bicep Curl weight in my Hammer Curls...seems a little odd to me really. It was pretty damn hard mind you, but I did it nonetheless. Also up 5 pounds on these...

Hammer Curls: 35lbsx1x6

Well that about does it for todays workout. A couple of little disappointments, but all in all I was pretty happy at all the gains I've made. Lets see... I'm up 10lbs in the Military Press, 5lbs in the Seated DB Press, 7.5lbs in Lateral Raises, 10lbs in Close Grip Bench, 10lbs in Skullcrushers and 5lbs in Hammer Curls. Yay!

Diet
    Meal 1:
    1 tablespoon Olive Oil
    1 cup Orange Juice
    1 serving Oatmeal
    1 large Banana
    1 scoop Whey
    1 cup 2% Milk

Meal 2:
    1 Sub Sandwich
    1 large Banana

Meal 3:
    1 Microwave Lasagna (These are gone after today, finally managed to get my Natty PB and Flax Oil. )
    1 Orange

Meal 4 (Post WorkOut):
    4 scoops N-Large2

Meal 5:
    3 scoops Potato w/ Gravy
    3 Chicken Legs w/ BBQ Sauce
    Green Peas

Meal 6:
    2 beers with the boys. tuttut Cheat day isn't supposed to be till tomorrow. I guess its not so bad since I'm bulking but I hate myself for drinking those beer. It was fun though, had a good time talking about some good memories. I'll have to eat good all day tomorrow now then, even though I might end up drinking tomorrow night.

Meal 7:
    1 Pack Trail Mix
    1 scoop Whey
    1 cup 2% Milk

Total: ? Cals - ?g Carbs/?g Protien/?g Fat

I'm not sure of the totals because I don't know the breakdown for the Sub or the supper I ate (Meal 5), or the Beer. Like I said before, next week I'm gonna try not to eat anything I can't count.

Well I guess I'm all caught up now. I don't think I should leave out any days now. Its a pain in the ass trying to remember things from previous days.

Thanks for reading.

Nice journal title

Good luck with your goals and welcome to journal land
    Thanks a lot Franjipani! I'll do my best...

Haha just noticed what you meant by nice journal title, you have the same one!
    Last edited by wibble; 04-11-2003 at 08:59 PM.

April 14th, 2003 - Chest/Back Day

Sleep
    Sleep was all out of wack...I had to work nightshift Sunday night so I slept in until about 7pm. I worked from 12-8 and then hit the sack around 9 this morning and woke up at 3:30. Guess it wasn't bad but I still don't like sleeping all day and missing my meals!

I've gotta get my act together. I'm making good progress so far but I wonder if I could have made even better progress if I had my diet together 7 days a week instead of only 4. Tues-Fri my diet is good, but then Saturday nights I end up drinking, Sunday I'm too hungover to get out of bed until the evening and then Monday I sleep in all day. This has to stop. Gotta try to keep the drinking to a minimum, say 6 beers. No more of this drinkin 18-20 beer. Its too expensive and way too counter productive.

Diet
    Meal 1:
    1 tablespoon Flax Oil
    1 cup Orange Juice
    1 serving Oatmeal
    1 large Banana
    1 scoop Whey
    1 cup 2% Milk

Meal 2 (Post Workout):
    4 scoops N-Large2

Meal 3:
    1 Natty PB Sandwich On WW w/ Jam

Meal 4:
    1 Natty PB Sandwich On WW w/ Jam
    1 scoop Whey
    1 cup 2% Milk

Workout
    Todays workout was better than my last Chest/Back day for sure. I was pretty sketchy about going in today at first because I didn't eat much, but it was ok I still had a lot more energy than I did last week for this workout.

I wanted to see what my 1RM was today, but decided I would quit after benching 160x2. I didn't want to be too burnt out to do my other chest exercises. Maybe I'll go up some day on an off day and test it or something. I'd say my estimated max is somewhere around the 175 range though. Can't wait to be doing 160 for reps. Maybe it'll come eventually, I just got up to 135lbs not too long ago so I have awhile yet.

Bench Press: 135lbsx2x8, 160lbsx1x2

Next up was my Incline DB Press. Not too much to say about these this time except that I was glad to actually finish them this week. I must have been having a really really bad day last time because I didn't even manage to get my 2 sets in, and this week I finished plus did that other chest work. Oh well happens to the best of us I guess.

Incline DB Press: 40lbsx2x8

Same goes for the dips, no problems here today. I'm going to move up in weight on these next time because I forgot to move up today.

Weighted Dips: 22.5x2x8

Finally decided to try some weighted Chinups today. All in all it wasn't too bad seeing how this is the first time I've done more than my bodyweight. They still need work however.

Weighted Chinups: 15lbsx1x8, 15lbsx1x6

Ahh Deadlifts...I was thinking about trying to max out in these also but once again I didn't want to overwork myself. I decided last weekend that I would attempt to do 200lbs today. I was sort of worried because I've never went really heavy in these and I'm still not totally sure about my form since I'm pretty new to working out. (Not that I have bad form, just being negative. ) I think I could have pulled 225, maybe a little more for my 1RM.

Deadlifts: 135lbsx1x8, 180x1x6, 205lbsx1x3

My Bentover Rows are going the same, nothing much to say about them.

Shrugs I decided to try on the Standing Calve raise machine. Didn't like it as much as DB though so I left it pretty quick. Just felt weird. Gonna have to move up on Shrugs also I think, 60lbs just doesn't seem to cut it but those other DB's look pretty intimidating.

Shrugs: 60lbsx1x10

Thats it for this weeks Chest/Back Day. Nothing else to discuss here because nothing happened to me today. I slept, got up, worked out and that was it.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for another episode of Wibble's In Space! I mean...nevermind.
    Last edited by wibble; 04-14-2003 at 09:35 PM.

Wibble, your journal is far too neat.......

ah, now that's better!!
    'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

AHH! My beautiful journal, you ruined it!!@

Haha just kiddin, I was wondering when I was gonna get my first official spam! Woohoo!

Thanks Miss Reeza, that was Spamtacular.

if youre bulking, maybe you shouldnt be too concerned with too many carbs or what not, just go for broke with cramming calories, if you think youre gaining too much fat too quickly, then cut back and take a closer look at the diet.

fitday.com is a decent calorie calculator, keeps track of all your food, and pretty good at determining portion size.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

if youre bulking, maybe you shouldnt be too concerned with too many carbs or what not, just go for broke with cramming calories, if you think youre gaining too much fat too quickly, then cut back and take a closer look at the diet.
    I've thought about doing that, but then I decided that if my goal was to eat as many calories as possible I would get myself in the state of mind that junk was ok to eat... I didn't want that to happen so I'm trying to do a clean bulk. I figure this way I'll be prepared for when I need to cut also because I'll be used to counting cals and following a diet plan, and it'll be pretty easy to see what I need to drop when I cut.

Thing is I've gotta get stricter on everything now, like I said before my diet is only decent 4 days out of the week and thats not good enough. Gotta get really serious about everything now...

fitday.com is a decent calorie calculator, keeps track of all your food, and pretty good at determining portion size.
    Yup. already using it, its definitely a good tool.

Thanks for the post MrWebb, appreciate it.

Take it easy
    wibble

Wow, nice lifts man. I can't touch them.

Where in newfoundland are you from? I know a few people who use the same expressions as you. heh.
    later man. And keep lifting
    Philosophy is to the real world as masturbation is to sex - Karl Marx

Hey Strats, thanks! I'm sure you could give me some a run for my money if you had some bigger weights.

I'm from Labrador City actually, got all kinds of family over on the rock though. Few of my buddies go to school in St. John's too. Well I gotta go pack my stuff up, its gym time. Ahh legs day...how it hates me.

Later man!

Hmm. I really should update this thing soon. Haven't kept track of anything for like almost the past week. Damn slackness *grumble grumble*.

*grumble*

April 22, 2003 - Chest/Back Day

Wellity wellity wellity. I decided today is the day, time for an update and I better do it now while I'm still on the go from the gym, otherwise I'll get lazy and blow it off.

Sleep
    Sleep was kind of strange last night. I was waking up a lot and felt really exhausted all night. Not to mention I had an unhealthy dose of the night terrors. Didn't feel very good when I got up but that wore off as the day went on.

Diet
    I've decided I would probably stop documenting my diet seeing as I'm on a bulk. I think I've been taking everything a little too seriously here. I mean I will eat nothing but healthy stuff most of the time, won't touch anything like miracle whip or chocolate or even fast food except on saturdays. It wouldn't be so bad to be strict as hell if I were on a cut, but being on a bulk I don't think I should worry so much about it. I'll take MrWebb's advice and probably just start eating a lot more. I haven't really been gaining any weight but I'm still making gains in the gym after about 2 months, so I don't know if I'm just getting stronger or if I'm losing fat/gaining muscle but whatever...I won't put on much fat anyway with my metabolism so why worry. From here on out I'm going for some mass and I'll worry about diet when I cut.

Workout
    Had a pretty decent workout today, made some more gains and almost had my 1.5 litres of water that I take with me gone by the time I finished my chest. Luckily I made it last through everything else.

Last week I moved up to 140lbsx2x8 and today I decided well maybe I could add on another 5lbs and still bust out my two sets. Figured what the hell I'll give it a try and it was all good. Struggled hard on my last rep though. Phew. I'm happy to be benching over my body weight for reps now though. Maybe I'll stick with this weight for a bit, or maybe shoot for 150lbsx2x6...That could be an option. What do you all think? (If anyone even reads this that is )

Bench Press: 145lbsx2x8

Since I moved up on bench I also figured its time I give the 45's a go for my DB press. Didn't really have too much trouble here either, but I don't know if I'm ready for the 50's yet...might be able to do it 2x6...

Incline DB Press: 45lbsx2x8

I've been meaning to move up in dips for the past 2 weeks now but forgot...I was going to go from 22.5lbs to 25lbs, but the first DB I grabbed happened to be a 30lber so I said screw it this will do.

Weighted Dips: 30lbsx2x8

That was it for the chest. Next was Chinups...I shudder at the thought of chinups every time I have to do them. Great exercise...but *shudder*.

Weighted Chinups: 15lbsx2x8

I swear I need to start taking a calculator around with me or get my ass back to school. 3 or 4 years out is too damn long and my brain is starting to rot. I added up the weight wrong today for my Deadlifts and couldn't for the life of me figure out how I managed to get the weight to add up to 205lbs...maybe it was lack of oxygen but then it hit me on the way home. What I thought was 180lbs was actually 205lbs. Stupid me.

Deadlifts: 135lbsx1x8, 205lbsx1x6

Ahh crap. I just realized then when I was scrolling down my journal, my first entry says 135lbsx2x8 for Bentover Rows. Should have been 115lbs methinks. Sometimes I confuse the 35's + the bar to be 135lbs. Theres that math thing again. Well guess I should fix that. Done and done.

Shrugs: 70lbsx1x10

Thats it for another entry. See you all in journal land tomorrow. Unless my back doesn't want me doing squats then that is.
    Last edited by wibble; 04-22-2003 at 02:25 PM.

Well, no gym today...I was going to try and go and do my legs today, but I think I'll make it a rest day because my back is still a bit sore from yesterdays Deadlifts. I love it though. I'm lookin forward to being in Squatsville tomorrow.

Got something to advertise? Well you've come to the right place!

*** THIS SPACE FOR RENT ***

Heres what a few of our previous customers had to say:

"Sweet honorable Jebus! Thats a lotta space!" - Name withheld.

So for a limited time only you could have YOUR ad in wibble's journal! Just IMAGINE! And best of all, your satisfaction is GUARANTEED!

Note: Satisfaction not a guarantee. Not really for a limited time. Side effects may include headaches, dizzyness, insomnia, nausea, drymouth and becoming stupid(er). Individual results may vary. Shipping and sales tax not included. Not available in all areas.

Ahh boredom.

nice job wibble, keep up the good work!
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Thanks GhettoSmurf! Much appreciated!

April 24, 2003 - Leg Day

Sleep
    Woo, slept pretty good last night. First morning in awhile that I woke up feeling refreshed. No night terrors either. heh.

Diet
    Been pretty decent all day, going to start stuffing myself now. I do my best eating at night.

Workout
    Pretty decent workout today I guess, I was a little disappointed though because my back is still pretty damn sore from Deadlifting the other day. I don't think its injured or anything though, got no probs bending over or lifting normal things, it just felt pretty sore trying to do my SLDL's. So I only did 1 set...

I need to get a better idea when to up the weight at the gym too, seems I do an ok job of judging for all my other bodyparts but for my legs it seems I can be way off...I should start upping the weight after I get 2x8 I guess, because today doing squats I moved up 25lbs from last workout. I thought the weight I was doing before was a comfortable weight so I didn't move up...wonder how long I've been cheating myself here. Oh well...maybe I should shoot for 6's in all my exercises.

Squats: 45lbsx1x10, 135lbsx1x8, 180lbsx2x8

Gotta remember to check into doing Hack Squats with the BB dammit.

Squats On Smith: 230lbsx2x8

Found my usual Leg Curl weight a bit tough today, maybe from the jump I took with my Squat weight? Oh well got them nonetheless.

Leg Curls: 95lbsx2x8

Only did one set of SLDL's due to back soreness. Didn't want to hurt it or anything. Need to move up in these also...definately could have used more weight if I was at 100%.

Stiff Legged Deadlifts: 115lbsx1x8

Standing Calve Raises: 120kgx4x10

Thats it for another workout. Tomorrow is Shoulders/Triceps/Biceps. Can't wait.

END TRANSMISSION!#*

Originally posted by wibble

*** THIS SPACE FOR RENT ***

Dayum! i really wanna get me that space....

now i just have to find something to sell!
    'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally posted by Miss Rezza

Don't look at me like that! Nobody could afford me anyway.

Hey Wibble, workouts are looking good. Leg day looked awesome. Always glad to see somebody coming in and posting some squats!!

What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

nice job with the leg day wibble! is there a reason that you went from squats to doing squats in the smith?
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Hahaha! I'm sure you can find something! How about some official Miss Reeza dust bunnies from the lint basket of the drier? Or half of a Miss Reeza sandwich? I'm sure both of these would fetch a good price. You could say the half a sandwich has 432% more growing power than celltech.

Hey Wibble, workouts are looking good. Leg day looked awesome. Always glad to see somebody coming in and posting some squats!!
    Hey HomeYield! Thanks for the compliment and its always good to see someone new visiting my journal! Thanks!

nice job with the leg day wibble! is there a reason that you went from squats to doing squats in the smith?
    Thanks GhettoSmurf! Well actually I'm doing WBB1 and the second exercise is supposed to be Hack Squats...I don't remember why I decided to do these on the smith, maybe I found them awkward but I think I'm going to try them the real way next week. Thats about the only reason really, and I didn't want to call them Hack Squats in my journal, it just didn't seem right. Squats are sacred and the Smith...well...to each his own.

As a sidenote, I found that on the Smith it worked my legs a bit differently than regular squats due to the angle I guess, thats why I kept them in the routine.

Thanks for the replies guys! See ya around!

April 25, 2003 - Shoulder/Biceps/Triceps Day

Sleep
    Slept good last night, but still didn't want to get up at 7am to get ready for work. I was so tempted to call in sick but then I realized if I did I would probably sleep all day and miss out on some good eats!

Diet
    Been eating a fair amount so far today, maybe a little more than yesterday. Hopefully I'll see the scale moving soon...

Workout
    Good workout today, probably my favorite day too. I love to do my triceps.

In view of yesterdays leg day, I tried to pick weights that I could only get 6 in so that I wasn't missing out on heavier weight that I could manage...I wasn't very successful.

I'm up again in Military Press since last week...that day wasn't posted though due to slackness. I figured I would only get 6 but I got 8's...sigh.

Military Press: 105lbsx2x8

Funny thing...my second set of Shoulder Presses seemed easier than the first. Oh well.

Shoulder Press: 35lbsx2x8

Lateral Raises are becoming easier with this weight...not ready for 25's for a bit yet though I don't think.

Lateral Raises: 22.5lbsx2x10

Closegrip Bench...also up from last week I think...I was going to try 135lbsx2x6 but then I realized hell I'm only benching 145lbsx 2x8 so I probably wouldn't get 2 sets of 6 so I went for 125lbs. Once again I got 2x8. Blah I suck at judging my weight.

Closegrip Bench: 125lbsx2x8

On my skullcrushers I decided I would stay with the same weight for now, I don't know why. I've been trying to get sets of 6 in everything else...

Skullcrushers: 82.5lbsx2x8

Getting a little frustrated with my biceps, can't seem to move up so instead of 35lbsx2x8 I said I'll try the 40's and hope for 2x6...Just didn't have anything left for that last rep...

Bicep Curls: 40lbsx1x6, 40lbsx1x5

Hammer Curls are the same also, still finding it hard to bust out the last few reps.

Hammer Curls: 35lbsx1x10

I just remembered while I was at the gym that I don't record my ab workouts...oh well I guess I should start. I do a couple sets of crunches on the latpull down machine with the rope...don't know what to call them so from now on I dub them Pulley Crunches. Until I know better that is.

Pulley Crunches: 70lbsx4x10

Weighted Crunches: 30lbsx1x10

That about does it...I think tonight I'll take it easy and watch some Evil Dead movies maybe. Or end up at the bar for a little...tuttut No drinking though, gotta work 8am tomorrow morning. That'll keep me in line.