The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 10 of 161 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Log

Yesterday's Training Log
    This is the training log for Monday, May 12th

Sleep
    I slept approximately 6 hours last night using 15 mg Restoril and 10 mg Sonata (prescription sleeping aids).

Weights
    Rest Day
    My legs are feeling a bit sore, but overall I am less sore than usual on a rest day. The difference may be related to substituting the eliptical trainer for running yesterday.

Cardio
    Cycling -- Very low intensity, very long duration
    I did some intervals at very low intensities. My heart rate probably averaged 50-55% MHR.

Diet
    • 3600 calories
    • 2:00AM-2:30AM – Large bowl oatmeal, 1/3 mahi-mahi fillet, 1 package broccoli, a few peanuts
    • 4:15AM-4:45AM - Oatmeal, 1/3 mahi-mahi fillet, orange
    • 6:45AM-7:45AM - Large bowl Shredded Wheat with skim milk and cut up banana, mahi-mahi fillet, a few peanuts
    • 11:30AM-12:45PM - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving chicken breast, orange, a few peanuts
    • 3:15PM-3:45PM - Banana
    • 4:30PM-5:45PM - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, 1 package green beans, pear, a few peanuts
    • Cardio Workout
    • 10PM-10:45PM - Grape Nuts with skim milk, 1 package brussel sprouts, 1 ear corn, 2 oranges
    I decided to try something different in today’s log and list the times at which I ate each meal. The timing of the meals was determined by hunger and convenience. The timing of the snacks vary quite a bit, but the four larger meals are reasonably consistent. I probably felt hungrier towards the beginning of the day because I did heavy cardio last night. Many of the meals seem to last a long time because I often take breaks between the foods. For example in the 6:45AM meal I ate the cereal; then I took a shower, got dressed, did my morning routine; and later I ate the mahi-mahi fillet and peanuts just before leaving for work. This way I avoid feeling full and sluggish, and enjoy the meal more.

This is the first time I have had mahi-mahi in about a year. I picked it up because my supermarket was having a $2.50/lb sale. I have got to stop buying these very low priced fish. I think my supermarket puts them on sale because they are starting to smell and are about to go bad. I did go to the supermarket yesterday, but I am still low on fruit and meat. I am waiting for a trip to a different supermarket on Wednesday or Thursday that should have better prices.

Supplements
    1.3g borage oil, 1g flax oil, 1g fish oil, 1 multivitamin/mineral (no iron)
    Last edited by aka23; 05-13-2003 at 11:35 PM.

I love fish but it's got to smell really fresh for me. I seem to notice it right away if it's not.

Times for meals and ranges is a nice idea. I've sometimes enter the times in my journal as well just not lately because I'm lazy at the moment.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Originally posted by aka23
    [BThis is the first time I have had mahi-mahi in about a year. I picked it up because my supermarket was having a $2.50/lb sale. I have got to stop buying these very low priced fish. I think my supermarket puts them on sale because they are starting to smell and are about to go bad. I did go to the supermarket yesterday, but I am still low on fruit and meat. I am waiting for a trip to a different supermarket on Wednesday or Thursday that should have better prices.

[b[/B]
    Do you have access to a Sam's Club or Costco? Both of these stores offer good prices on frozen fish filets such as orange roughy, mahi-mahi, cod, salmon, tuna, tilapia, and catfish (these are the ones I can remember off hand). I find that there is really not much difference in quality because most seafood is frozen at some point in time anyway before it is sold. This might not be the case in California though.

I would imagine that when you perform BB bench press again you will find that you have improved seeing as how all of the other pressing movements have progressed.

I am considering purchasing an exercise bike for my basement which I think would make cardio much more convenient. That way I can watch TV or listen to the radio. I guess the main advantage is to not have to put up with other people at the gym.

Originally posted by rookiebldr
    I love fish but it's got to smell really fresh for me. I seem to notice it right away if it's not.
    I am the same way. I usually avoid fish that does not smell fresh. I ate the mahi-mahi because I did not want to waste money, it was well before the expiration date, and I did not want to make an early supermarket trip for substitute meats.

aka, how do you usually prepare your fish?

i usually just bake mine in the over, but i was thinking about maybe trying to grill a pollock fillet on my george foreman grill. just looking for some new ideas, if you dont mind me asking.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Originally posted by bradley
    Do you have access to a Sam's Club or Costco? Both of these stores offer good prices on frozen fish filets such as orange roughy, mahi-mahi, cod, salmon, tuna, tilapia, and catfish (these are the ones I can remember off hand). I find that there is really not much difference in quality because most seafood is frozen at some point in time anyway before it is sold. This might not be the case in California though.
    I frequently buy frozen pollock and snapper at the supermarket. I usually get the pollock for about $2.50 per lb and the snapper for about $3.50 per lb. I avoid other types of frozen fish because they are much more expensive. It would be nice to have some more variety.

There is a price club type store about 10 miles away. I have never visited the store. When I find some time, I will take a trip out to the price club, and see what they offer.

I would imagine that when you perform BB bench press again you will find that you have improved seeing as how all of the other pressing movements have progressed.
    I hope that is the case. Up until this point, the other pressing exercises have been progressing, while my BB bench press has not. I think the weak point in my press is at the bottom, so I have added some sets of DB presses that go very low to emphasize this area.

I am considering purchasing an exercise bike for my basement which I think would make cardio much more convenient. That way I can watch TV or listen to the radio. I guess the main advantage is to not have to put up with other people at the gym.
    I am quite happy with my exercise bike. It was easily worth the money for me. Exercise bikes can cost anywhere from $50 to over $3000. I would suggest not restricting yourself to the brand that is used at the gym. I think some of the lesser known companies are better values.

Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
    aka, how do you usually prepare your fish?

i usually just bake mine in the over, but i was thinking about maybe trying to grill a pollock fillet on my george foreman grill. just looking for some new ideas, if you dont mind me asking.
    I cook fish and almost all my foods in the microwave. I own three microwaves, so I can simulateneously cook the meat, the oatmeal, and the vegetables in meal 3. I have found that frozen fish comes out particularly well in the microwave, especially when the portion sizes are small.

I like microwave cooking because it is quick, convenient, and consistent. I can usually cook any of the meats that I eat in under five minutes. I have not tried cooking with a grill, but I have heard that they can work well with fish fillets.

Yesterday's Training Log
    This is the training log for Tuesday, May 13th

Sleep
    I slept 6 hours using 30 mg of Restoril (prescription sleeping aid). This is 2x my usual dosage.

Weights
    Pull Day
    Doorway Width Chin-ups -- BW+35 x 6*, BW+25 x 8*
    Underhand Chin-ups -- BW+40 x 6.5*
    EZ Bar Curls – 110x4*, 100x8*
    DB Concentration Curls -- 50x6.5/6*, 45x10/10*
    Dumbbell Rows -- 102x8/8*, 97x10/10*
    Upright Rows – 110x6*, 100x9.5*
    Dumbbell Shrugs -- 224x7*, 214x10*

Bold = Largest weight ever used for given exercise
    * = Personal Record, Record number of reps at a given weight or record maximum weight

All sets were personal bests or record maximum weights. I added 10lb to my dumbbells shrug maximum (5lb per dumbbell). This is the heaviest set of dumbbells I have used for any exercise. I added 5lb to my maximum on the chin-ups, EZ bar curls, dumbbell rows, and upright rows. Most of the gains in this workout were small. Many were just one rep above last week.

Cardio
    Running/Eliptical Trainer -- High Intensity
    I did my usual increasing speed workout on the treadmill. I started at 7.5mph and increased speed every 5 minutes until I reached 9.5mph. My pulse rate was about 165 (85% MHR) at 9.5mph. This is close to my anaerobic threshold. I am still not quite ready to go to 10mph. Next I did two short hill programs on the eliptical trainer. Each hill program had about 45 second high/45 second low intervals. My heart reached a max of 170-175 on the final interval. My performance was average on the running, but the eliptical trainer felt easy. I sweated quite a bit more than usual during this workout.

Diet
    • 3500-3600 calories
    • Meal 1 - Large bowl Shredded Wheat with skim milk and cut up banana, pollock fillet, a few peanuts
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving chicken breast, orange, a few peanuts
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, canned tuna, brown rice, 1 package green beans, apple, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 - Large bowl Life Cereal with skim milk, 1 package peas, 2 oranges
    • Snack 1 - Oatmeal, 1 package broccoli, 1/2 pollock fillet, a few peanuts
    • Snack 2 - Oatmeal, 1/2 pollock fillet
    • Snack 3 - Banana
    Supplements
    1g flax oil, 2g fish oil
    Last edited by aka23; 05-14-2003 at 09:39 PM.

Nice work aka! You seem to be setting PRs every day. Those concentration curls are crazy. Nice work on chins as well.

Originally posted by Mik
    Nice work aka! You seem to be setting PRs every day. Those concentration curls are crazy. Nice work on chins as well.
    Thanks for the compliments. I think my bicep strength is out of proportion with some of my other body parts, such as my chest. I have been progressing well with chins and lat pulldowns in recent weeks. My rear lat pulldown has increased by 20% in the past month, and a month ago I had never done a chin with more than my body weight.
    Last edited by aka23; 05-15-2003 at 10:17 AM.

Yesterday's Training Log
    This is the training log for Wednesday, May 13th

Sleep
    I slept approximately 5.5 hours last night using 15mg Restoril and 10mg Sonata (prescription sleeping aids).

Weights
    Quads & Abs Day
    Squats -- Warmup Set, 250x8*
    Full Squats -- 205x14*
    Hack Squats -- 185x12N
    Barbell Lunges -- 125x10/10*
    Dumbbell Step-ups (22" Platform) -- 57x10/10*
    Crunches -- BW+20 x 15*, BW+20x15
    Twisting Crunches -- BW+25 x 15*
    Leg Raise Type Exercises -- BW+47 x 15* , several other types and sets

* = Personal Record, Record number of reps at a given weight or record weight at a given number or reps
    N = New Exercise, no basis for personal best comparison

I increased my maximum by 5lb on the squats, lunges, and crunches; by 2lb per dumbbell (4 lb total) on the step-ups; and by 7lb on the leg raises. I was able to increase the weights while maintaining my usual reps.

I tried hack squats for the first time today. I could have done a larger weight, instead I focussed on getting my form down. They definitely feel different from regular squats, and work muscles in a different way. I do squats at home without safety bars. Hack squats seem like a safer alternative in case of failure. However, I do not like the way the motion feels with the bar rubbing against my legs, and having the bar behind me feels awkward. I am not sure if I will continue with them next week.

Cardio
    Cycling, moderate intensity
    This workout went very well. I did the first 1/4 at my regular level; the next 2/3 at the new, higher level; and the final 1/6 at my regular level as a cooldown. This is the first time I have done more than ½ of my workout at the higher level. It is not surprising that I also set a distance record in this workout. I broke my old distance record by about 1%.

Diet
    • 3600 calories
    • 2:00AM-2:30AM – Oatmeal, 1/3 pollock fillet, 1 package broccoli, a few peanuts
    • 4:00AM-4:30AM - Oatmeal, 1/3 pollock fillet
    • 6:00AM - Orange
    • Weightlifting Workout
    • 7:00AM-7:45AM - Large bowl Shredded Wheat with skim milk and cut up banana, pollock fillet, a few peanuts
    • 11:30AM-12:30PM - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving pollock fillet, orange, a few peanuts
    • 3:45PM-4:00PM - Banana
    • 4:45PM-5:45PM - Large bowl oatmeal, canned tuna, brown rice, one package green beans, apple, a few peanuts
    • Cardio Workout
    • 9:45PM-10:45PM - Grape Nuts with skim milk, baby lima beans mixed with corn (succotash), 2 oranges
    My daily calories have gone up significantly in recent weeks. When I started this journal five weeks ago, I was only eating 3200-3300 calories a day. Now it seems like 3500-3600 calories is common. My appetite has also increased. I felt hungry before nearly every meal today. I usually do not eat so close to weightlifting. I only ate the orange so I would not be hungry during the workout. These changes may be related to more muscle and/or more intense workouts. I plan to continue to increase calories with my appetite until my body fat starts increasing.

I went to the supermarket tonight and picked up chicken and more fruit among other things. I was getting tired of eating pollock and oranges and am happy to have some substitutes.

Supplements
    1g flax oil, 1g fish oil
    Last edited by aka23; 05-15-2003 at 04:23 PM.

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    When we goin drinkin?
    I am thinking about going to a bar for the first time next Thursday. The Stanford club in my city is having a "Young Alumni Happy Hour." However, I doubt that I will drink any alcohol at the event.
    I attended the Alumni Happy Hour event tonight that I mentioned in an earlier post. It was not a bar like I imagined. It was a high-class restaurant with a bar attached. I was probably underdressed in my jeans and T-shirt. I was one of the few persons who did not drink alcohol. I think this surprised the waitress.

About three dozen persons attended. All who attended were given unlimited? free drinks by the bar/restaurant. It was nice to see some other recent grads. However, I disliked the noisy, crowded environment. I also quickly got tired of answering the same questions about what I did, where I lived, what I majored in, etc. I am not sure if I will attend such events in the future. I left early to go to the gym and do my HIIT workout.
    Last edited by aka23; 05-15-2003 at 11:47 PM.

Of the driver ilk

I left early to go to the gym and do my HIIT workout.
    That is true dedication.
    "42"

I wouldnt have even imagined you owned jeans. Did any girls ask to feel your abs?
    Pup, in reference to me: "he's like Budiak...but worse"

Budiak: "Statistically I've gained almost an inch on my arms...but thats just theory, and we know what theory gets us. Thats right. Communism."

BigChaseyChase: "Cutting, there will not be!"

sir millard mulch: "I could probably punch some chick really hard at this point"

Galileo - "Someday maybe I'll be able to use the big boy weights like RG570."

Hey aka, do you know any good jokes?
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

Are you planning on seeing your doctor again to re-evaluate your sleeping difficulties? Although you don't seem to be getting much sleep your progress has been great these past weeks.

aka, you might have already answered this question in your journal somewhere, but I may have over looked it, but when you do cardio, do you do it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (like some people recommend for better fat loss results) or do you do it anytime of the day. Also, what's your thoughts on the subject as well, about doing cardio on an empty stomach in the morning or at anytime of the day for better fat loss results? I just started doing 3-4 days of cardio, and I just wanted to get a few peoples opinion on what's the best thing to do, and you're one of the more intelligent people on this board on this subject from reading most of your posts.

Also, I know what you mean by "disliked the noisy, crowded environment." I went to a club last weekend for the first time in over a year and after that trip, I doubt I make another return for a long time.

Originally posted by CBates
    aka, you might have already answered this question in your journal somewhere, but I may have over looked it, but when you do cardio, do you do it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach (like some people recommend for better fat loss results) or do you do it anytime of the day. Also, what's your thoughts on the subject as well, about doing cardio on an empty stomach in the morning or at anytime of the day for better fat loss results? I just started doing 3-4 days of cardio, and I just wanted to get a few peoples opinion on what's the best thing to do, and you're one of the more intelligent people on this board on this subject from reading most of your posts.
    I usually do cardio during the evening because that is the most convenient time in my daily schedule. I rarely go more than about 4.5 hours without eating; so in the morning my stomach is not empty, and my glycogen reserves are not low.

Doing cardio on an empty stomach is a common recommendation among recreational exercisers as well as some fitness professionals. It is true that doing cardio after fasting all night increases fat burning due to lower glycogen levels. However, it also increases muscle wasting due to the glycogen levels as well as high levels of the the catabolic stress hormone cortisol after an overnight fast. Furthermore doing cardio on an empty stomach greatly reduces endurance and performance, so you are likely to stop sooner and burn fewer calories. It also feels quite unpleasant for many, which makes you less likely to continue with the program. Personally, I feel awful if I am hungry while working out, and when my blood sugar gets low I start getting headaches and have other negative symptoms.

I would suggest doing cardio with something in your stomach, but not so soon after a meal that insulin levels would be high or there would be digestion problems. This is especially true if you are doing HIIT or other high intensity cardio for which glycogen/glucose is a primary fuel. I think the best time of day to do it is when it is convenient for your schedule and when you are likely to continue.
    Last edited by aka23; 05-16-2003 at 11:54 AM.

Are you planning on seeing your doctor again to re-evaluate your sleeping difficulties? Although you don't seem to be getting much sleep your progress has been great these past weeks.
    I have listed my approximate average hours per sleep on weekdays during the time I have kept this journal. Note that these totals include naps taken later in the day. On weekends my sleep totals were larger and more consistent.

Week 1: ~5 hours
    Week 2: ~5 hours
    Week 3: ~5 hours
    Week 4: ~3.5 hours
    Week 5: ~6 hours
    Week 6: ~6 hours

My sleep has improved in the past couple weeks, but it still is low. Some of the improvement may be related to rotating sleeping medications, instead of going days without them.

My doctor and I have not been seeing eye to eye about my sleeping problems. He is convinced that they are caused by not following his insomnia pamphlet to the letter and/or the problems are all in my mind. He seems reluctant to consider the possibility that there is a medical reason for my sleeping difficulties.

At my last appointment he prescribed me with Elavil. Elavil is primarily used as an antidepressant, although it does have sedative properties. This medication has a number of serious side effects, not the least of which is weight gain. I did not take this medication because I believe that I am not depressed, and there are too many undesireable side effects. He may have just prescribed a mood booster, so I would stop botherining him.

I will at least call the doctor's office when my test samples of Sonata run out. If I do come in again, I will make sure to see a different doctor. The office has several doctors. One of them majored in exercise physiology, and specializes in sports injury and athletics. I have gotten along well with her in the past and will try to schedule an appointment with her, if I do come in again for the sleeping issues.
    Last edited by aka23; 05-16-2003 at 01:13 PM.

Originally posted by RG570
    I wouldnt have even imagined you owned jeans. Did any girls ask to feel your abs?
    I dress for comfort. I wear jeans or shorts every day. I have not worn formal slacks since last June. I also do not wear tight clothes, so my abs were not visible. I do not think any girls have ever asked to feel my abs. However, some have given compliments about my abs.

Originally posted by Xg74
    That is true dedication.
    Yes. I try to set my schedule so both workouts and social events are possible. But when I have to choose one or the other, my workouts usually take priority.

Originally posted by Cbates
    Also, I know what you mean by "disliked the noisy, crowded environment." I went to a club last weekend for the first time in over a year and after that trip, I doubt I make another return for a long time.
    I prefer talking in a quiet, more comfortable environment such as at home or at a restaurant. It is a pain to have to shout back and forth while standing and being surrounded by others. I think that I would also dislike clubs.
    Last edited by aka23; 05-16-2003 at 05:30 PM.

Originally posted by Rastaman
    Hey aka, do you know any good jokes?
    Rastaman,

I tend to take things seriously. I almost never tell jokes and was voted most serious in high school. Perhaps I will add some type of joke to one of my workout logs in the future.

Yesterday's Training Log
    This is the training log for Thursday, May 17th

Sleep
    I slept approximately 6 hours last night using 15mg Restoril (prescription sleeping aid), then took a 0.5 hour nap after Meal 3. My total sleep for the day was about 6.5 hours.

Weights
    Push Day
    Dumbbell Flat Press -- Warmup Set, 92x5*, 87x6L, 77x8/9L
    Dumbbell Incline Press -- 75x6*, 70x8
    Dumbbell Flyes -- 60x9*
    Dumbbell Military Press -- 60x5*, 55x9*
    Dumbbell Front Raises -- 37x8*, 37x6L
    Lying Triceps Extension -- 105x6*, 95x8.5*
    Dumbbell Kickbacks -- 50x8/7.5*, 45x12*

* = Personal Best, Record number of reps at a given weight
    L = Low, Extra-large Range of Motion

Most sets were record maximums or personal bests. I increased my maximum by 5lb on the flat press and triceps extension. Increased my maximum by 2lb on the front raises.

My weak point in the bench press is at the bottom, so I am doing DB presses below my nipple. I took the second working set below my nipple, and I took the third as far down as I could stretch while keeping my forearms straight. I dropped down the weight on the flyes to insure that my form is correct. I did the second set of front raises at an extra slow speed to try something different. I think I am going to switch the triceps exercises next week. I will probably go back to skullcrushers, and replace the kickbacks with something new, perhaps a close grip bench press.

Cardio
    HIIT, Long Intervals
    I did a new type of ramping interval intensity workout that went as listed below. I did the first interval at 11.0mph / 7.mph , then slowly increased intensity to 12.0mph at a 2% incline on interval 5. 12mph is the max speed of the treadmill, so I had to start using an incline to increase intensity after this point. This workout was extremely intense. By the end of the workout, I felt very overheated almost to the point of possible medical issues. Towards the end my heart rate was peaking near 185bpm on the high points, and only dropping to 160 on the recovery periods.

The treadmill I was on sometimes malfunctioned. When I typed in the 7mph recovery speed, it printed an error message then raised the speed to 12mph. This type of error could cause injury if a person was not prepared for the change. In addition, the total distance for the workout was cleary wrong. It said that I ran about 30 miles, which would mean my average speed was about 45mph during this 40min workout.

3 min -- Warmup
    2 min -- 6 mph
    Interval 1 -- 1 min 11.0 mph / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 2 -- 1 min 11.5 mph / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 3 -- 1 min 12.0 mph / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 4 -- 1 min 12.0 mph + 1% incline / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 5 -- 1 min 12.0 mph + 2% incline / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 6 -- 1 min 11.0 mph / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 7 -- 1 min 11.5 mph / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 8 -- 1 min 12.0 mph / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 9 -- 1 min 12.0 mph +1% incline / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 10 -- 1 min 11.0 mph / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 11 -- 1 min 11.5 mph / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 12 -- 1 min 12.0 mph / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 13 -- 1 min 11.0 mph / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 14 -- 1 min 11.5 mph / 1 min 7 mph
    Interval 15 -- 1 min 11.0 mph / 1 min 7 mph
    5 min -- Cooldown

Diet
    • ~3600 calories
    • Meal 1 - Large bowl Shredded Wheat Cereal with skim milk and cut banana, small serving chicken breast, a few peanuts
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving chicken breast, grapes, a few peanuts
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, 1 package green beans, apple, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 - Large bowl Organic Oats cereal with skim milk, succotash, cantaloupe
    • Snack 1 - Oatmeal, 1 package broccoli, 1/3 pollock fillet, a few peanuts
    • Snack 2 - Oatmeal, 1/3 pollock fillet
    • Snack 3 - Banana
    Supplements
    2g flax oil, 1g fish oil
    Last edited by aka23; 05-17-2003 at 05:52 AM.

Perhaps I will add some type of joke to one of my workout logs in the future.
    I know this wasn't intended as a joke but I found it funny

The treadmill I was on sometimes malfunctioned. When I typed in
    the 7mph recovery speed, it printed an error message then raised the speed to 12mph. This type of error could cause injury if a person was not prepared for the change. In addition, the total distance for the workout was cleary wrong. It said that I ran about 30 miles, which would mean my average speed was about 45mph during this 40min workout.
    I agree with the issues you mentioned with the treadmill. The treadmill I use plays up like that too. If the readouts were true, that would be some serious running speed, lol. Good work on the weights used on your push day.

how much longer do you plan on substituting db press for barbell bench press? Your db press is advancing nicley, but i find if i leave a movement out for too long of a time my body stops being so efficient at it, and though my strength may increase in my muscles, the lift itself will go down. You may just try a light set or two in with your pushdays. Just an idea.
    Pup, in reference to me: "he's like Budiak...but worse"

Budiak: "Statistically I've gained almost an inch on my arms...but thats just theory, and we know what theory gets us. Thats right. Communism."

BigChaseyChase: "Cutting, there will not be!"

sir millard mulch: "I could probably punch some chick really hard at this point"

Galileo - "Someday maybe I'll be able to use the big boy weights like RG570."