Yesterday's Training Log
This is the training log for Monday, May 12th
I slept approximately 6 hours last night using 15 mg Restoril and 10 mg Sonata (prescription sleeping aids).
My legs are feeling a bit sore, but overall I am less sore than usual on a rest day. The difference may be related to substituting the eliptical trainer for running yesterday.
Cycling -- Very low intensity, very long duration
I did some intervals at very low intensities. My heart rate probably averaged 50-55% MHR.
I decided to try something different in today’s log and list the times at which I ate each meal. The timing of the meals was determined by hunger and convenience. The timing of the snacks vary quite a bit, but the four larger meals are reasonably consistent. I probably felt hungrier towards the beginning of the day because I did heavy cardio last night. Many of the meals seem to last a long time because I often take breaks between the foods. For example in the 6:45AM meal I ate the cereal; then I took a shower, got dressed, did my morning routine; and later I ate the mahi-mahi fillet and peanuts just before leaving for work. This way I avoid feeling full and sluggish, and enjoy the meal more.
- 3600 calories
- 2:00AM-2:30AM – Large bowl oatmeal, 1/3 mahi-mahi fillet, 1 package broccoli, a few peanuts
- 4:15AM-4:45AM - Oatmeal, 1/3 mahi-mahi fillet, orange
- 6:45AM-7:45AM - Large bowl Shredded Wheat with skim milk and cut up banana, mahi-mahi fillet, a few peanuts
- 11:30AM-12:45PM - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving chicken breast, orange, a few peanuts
- 3:15PM-3:45PM - Banana
- 4:30PM-5:45PM - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, 1 package green beans, pear, a few peanuts
- Cardio Workout
- 10PM-10:45PM - Grape Nuts with skim milk, 1 package brussel sprouts, 1 ear corn, 2 oranges
This is the first time I have had mahi-mahi in about a year. I picked it up because my supermarket was having a $2.50/lb sale. I have got to stop buying these very low priced fish. I think my supermarket puts them on sale because they are starting to smell and are about to go bad. I did go to the supermarket yesterday, but I am still low on fruit and meat. I am waiting for a trip to a different supermarket on Wednesday or Thursday that should have better prices.
1.3g borage oil, 1g flax oil, 1g fish oil, 1 multivitamin/mineral (no iron)