Page 100 of 161 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 4025

Thread: Training Log

I wannabebig!
    and how many carbs do you say you consume a day... what percentage of your diet is carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by aka23
    While I was doing seated curls, the guy on the bench next to me told me I had nice shoulders. I was happy to receive the compliment, but I would have preferred to receive it from a woman.

nice ass, aka!! How are the hoes, errrr, women, lately?
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

ryuage,
    I believe that many bodybuilders fears of cardio are unwarranted. I think that the average weightlifter does not need to worry about muscle or strength loss by incorporating a reasonable amount of cardio into their routine so long as calorie balance is appropriate for desired rate of weight gain/loss, the cardio is separated sufficiently from the weightraining (not overtraining the legs, proper post workout nutrition), and the cardio is not done in conditions where glycogen levels are low. There are some muscle/metabolism specialization issues at extremes or elite/competition levels, but the average weightlifter can do very well at both activities. I would recommend avoiding doing high impact or high intensity cardio on sequential days, separating cardio from weight training by a minimum of 8 hours and a meal (alternate days would be even better), and being careful about doing too much cardio near leg sessions. Unfortunately the types of higher intensity and/or longer duration cardio sessions that are most likely to result in rapid cardiovascular improvements are also the type that are most likely to contribute to overusage/"overtraining". It is a matter of finding a balance.

I do not have a set macronutrient breakdown or macronutrient goals. I tyically get 55-60% of my calories from carbs per day, which is about 600g. I get the extra calories necessary to fuel my cardio and other activities from carbs. I would not recommend that others eat this much carbs unless they handled carbs/insulin well.

wibble and Y2A,
    Thanks. I have never spoken to him before. The first thing he said to me was, "You have nice shoulders." I thanked him for the compliment, but it did feel awkward.

Y2A,
    Nothing significant has happened with women recently. I do not think I have had more than a two word conversation with any women since last weekend.
    Last edited by aka23; 03-28-2004 at 04:49 PM.

pics pics pics! I remember a pic you posted and you were freakin ripped. You're a lot heavier now, right?

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    pics pics pics! I remember a pic you posted and you were freakin ripped. You're a lot heavier now, right?
    Beast,
    I have gained ~30lb of LBM over the course of this journal, so I am likely to be significantly heavier than when you last saw my picture. I have not taken any pictures recently. My most recent picture is http://www.wannabebigforums.com/atta...chmentid=10621 . This picture was taken in early Feb. I probably look a bit larger and leaner now.
    Last edited by aka23; 03-28-2004 at 08:05 PM.

Heh larger AND leaner, you rock man.

Dedicated,
    Thanks. I have been progressing well in recent weeks. This is a change from a stagnant (slower progress) period in early 2004.

Training Log

Sleep
    I slept approximately 5 hours using 30mg Restoril (benzo. sleeping aid)

Weights
    Legs, Lower Back & Abs
    • ATF Hack Squats in Sled – Warmup Sets, 4 plates+12.5 per side x 5 (+5lb), 4p+12.5 ps x 5 (+5lb), 4p+12.5 ps x 4.5 (+5lb)
      I added in an extra 3rd warmup set since during last week’s session, the later two working sets felt easier than the first one. Overall I had better form than usual in today’s session. I did not keep my legs as far forward as I have in the past. This allowed my legs to bend to a greater angle and allowed me to use my calves to assist with the start of the motion. I am not sure if this change it foot position made the exercise more difficult or not. It is clear that the change in foot position left my quads more sore than usual, probably because my muscles were used in an unfamiliar way.

I reached failure on the final rep of the third set and got stuck at the bottom of the sled. This is the second time I have reached failure in three weeks. I avoid training to failure and almost never hit failure on leg exercises. I will add 5lb again next week, but I will not push myself as close to failure as I usually do.
    • Low Leg Incline Leg Press – Warmup Set, 9 plates+30 per side x 5 (+10lb), 9p+30 ps x 5 (+10lb), 9p+30 ps x 5 (+10lb)
      I am calling this “low leg” incline press to emphasize that I did all sets with my feet in a lower position on the platform, making the presses more difficult. My quads felt very sore at the start because of the hack squats. The soreness was not in an area that I emphasize during the leg press, so it had little impact on the exercise. Again I did not have any reduction in performance during the later sets. This surprises me since my later sets are weaker in many other exercises, such as the bench press.
    • SLDLs – Warmup Sets, 330x5 (+5lb), 300x9 (+3R)
      I skipped SLDLs last week and modified my workout routine to give my lower back a chance to recover. I was planning to do a light SLDL set in today’s session, but I could not resist training heavy and trying to break my earlier PRs. I was able to add 5lb to my previous maximum without my usual lower back soreness. I had no grip issues during the heavy set. My grip failed at approximately the same time as my strength during the lighter set.
    • Seated Calf Raises – Warmup Set, 295x7 (+5lb), 275x9 (+2R)
      I am still not used to doing a second set of seated calf raises. My calves felt very sore after completing these sets.
    • Standing Calf Raise – Warmup Set, Stack+70 (470)x17 (+4R)
      I switched back to standing calf raises this week. I did lots of slow, controlled reps, with a lighter weight than usual and excellent form. I am comparing this session to a rep PR from September, when I last used this light a weight. I plan to switch back to heavier weights and lower reps on the incline leg press next week. I noticed several people watching me while doing this exercise, including an attractive woman. My sets with weights on the stack often attract attention.
    • Lower Back ExtensionStack+100 (480)x7 (+5lb)
      Last week I said that Stack+95 is probably the maximum possible weight that can be added to the stack without a large restriction in my ROM. Using some creative DB piling and plate on pin techniques, I was able to reach stack+100. I doubt that I will be able to go any heavier than this in future sessions. The DBs were piled high enough that it did limit my ROM to some extent.

I have been thinking about creating some type of attachment that would allow me to reach heavier weights when I run out of space on the stack. It could be as simple as 2-3’ cable with caribeaners on each end. I could attach plates or DBs to opposite sides of the cable and let the cable hang over the stack.
    • Ab Machine, Forward CrunchStack+55 (295)x8 (+5lb), Stack+55 (295)x7 (+5lb)
      I was feeling quite exhausted and sweating heavily by the end of the workout. I probably could have done two sets of 8 earlier in the workout.
    Bold = Largest weight ever used for given exercise
    (+X lb) = Personal Best -- added X lbs to record maximum
    (+X R) = Personal Best -- added X reps to max at given weight

General Comments
    I wore a T-shirt during today’s session instead of my usual Adidas running shirt. My usual running shirt wicks sweat away from my body, absorbs little moisture, and is thinner and lighter than typical workout clothes. The difference was very noticeable. By the end of the workout my shirt had quite a lot of sweat on it. The extra clothing felt awkward and restrictive.

Cardio
    Rest Day
    This is a no cardio day under my current split. During earlier months of the journal, I used to do cardio on leg days.

Diet
    • ~3600 calories
    • Snack 1 - Oatmeal, 10 oz package broccoli, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Snack 2 - Oatmeal, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Meal 1 – Nature O’s cereal with skim milk, small serving snapper fillet
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving turkey breast, orange, a few peanuts
    • Snack 4 - Banana
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, pear, 10 oz package green beans, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 – Large bowl Shredded Wheat with skim milk and cutup banana, 10 oz package brussel sprouts, ~2oz snapper fillet

Supplements
    1g flax oil, 3g fish oil, 1.3g borage oil
    Last edited by aka23; 03-29-2004 at 03:30 AM.

Very Solid workout there aka23, how do you get yourself out of the hack squat sled when you reach failure? The only way I can get out with the sled we have is to call someone over and push the weight up to the starting position.

I have been thinking about creating some type of attachment that would allow me to reach heavier weights when I run out of space on the stack. It could be as simple as 2-3’ cable with caribeaners on each end. I could attach plates or DBs to opposite sides of the cable and let the cable hang over the stack
    That sounds like a good idea as the leg extension machine we have only goes to 110 lbs.

Good Looking session Aka.....I'll have you know you've influenced me enough to give the hack sled a shot on my last leg day......I want to know if I'm the only one this happens to ....do you feel it in your abs when you get right at the bottom? Not pain but I have to use my abs a bit to get the sled started off the bottom along with my quads.

I noticed that you do not include eggs in your diet - is there a reason for this?

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Nice leg day aka! That sounds like a good idea to use a cable to allow you to use more weight on the machines, I think it should work well.

mixta,
    Thanks. The sled in my gym has stoppers and the bottom. I usually lightly tap the stoppers with each ATF rep. These stoppers allow enough space at the bottom for me to slide out, but it is a tight fit. In contrast, there would be no way for me to get out of the leg press upon failure without assistance.

110lb sounds like it would be a problem for a good number of guys at the gym. The leg extension at my gym goes to 250lb (114kg).

Wikked1,
    I would expect your abs to be used to some degree in any squat movement. I have read about other people getting sore abs when doing heavy squats or deadlifts. I do not feel anything in my abs when doing ATF hack squats or any other leg exercise. I only feel stress in my abs when doing ab isolation work. This may be related to my disproportionately strong abdominal muscles.

Exnor,
    I have not had eggs in nearly 20 years. I stopped eating them because the smell bothers me, and I do not like the taste.

wibble and mixta,
    Thanks. I think I will give the cable idea a try as soon as I get a chance to go to the hardware store. I will upload a photo of the device and report how it works out.
    Last edited by aka23; 03-29-2004 at 11:45 AM.

Leg workout looks intense. I always come close to failure on thsoe hacks, they are murder.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner
    Leg workout looks intense. I always come close to failure on thsoe hacks, they are murder.
    The session also felt very intense. I feel more comfortable approaching failure on hack squats than barbell squats since balance is less involved and there is less risk of injury. Recently the hack squats have left my legs more sore than any other exercise. This may be related to slight form changes or going deeper with ATF hack squats than I do with barbell full squats.

Training Log

Sleep
    I slept approximately 5 hours without using sleeping aids. My legs were feeling very sore in the evening and I was feeling fatigued. I took a 1.5 hour nap, so I would be at my best during my evening cardio session. The nap left me very refreshed and greatly reduced my DOMS.

Weights
    Push Day, Emphasis Bench Press
    • Bench Press – Warmup Sets, 255x5 (+1R), 240x5, 225x5 (close grip, +1R)
      I had an awful bench press session last week, so I tried dropping down to a lighter weight this week. I moved down from 265x3 to 255x5. This is one rep above when I last did 255 3 weeks ago. I did not push myself as close to failure as usual in the second set and made no gains over last week. I gained 1 rep over last week in the final close grip set. However, I should be at 2 or 3 reps higher based on earlier progress. I felt like I ran out of energy in the final set again. Overall, this was a disappointing exercise.
    • Hammer Strength Wide Chest4 plates+30 per side x 6 (+5lb), 4 plates+20 per side x 7 (+1R)
      Both sets were the same reps as last week, with a small increase in weight. 4plates+30 is very close to the edge of the machine poles. I placed the thicker 25lb plate outside of the thinner 5lb plate to minimize risk of plates falling off. I may be forced to stick to more standard increments (4plates+35 or 5plates) in future sessions.
    • Arnold Presses – Warmup Set, 75x4/3, 70x6
      This is the second consecutive week in which I have made poor progress with these Arnold presses. After making no gains over last week on the first two sets, I decided to skip the third set. I will explain my reasons for this decision and future plans in the general comments area.
    • Shoulder Press Machine – Warmup Set, Stack+40 (290)x5 (+5lb), Stack+20 (270)x8 (+3R)
      I maintained reps with a 5lb increase in weight. These felt very easy. Doing fewer sets of Arnold presses may have left me less worn out than usual during this exercise.
    • Strict One-armed Skullcrushers
      Right: Warmup Set, 60x7 (New), 60x7 (New)
      Left: Warmup Set, 50x7 (New), 50x8 (New)
      I have been making poor progress with the one-armed lying triceps extensions, so I switched to skullcrushers this week. I am calling this a new exercise since I am using a new stricter form than I did in the past.
    • LifeFitness Triceps Machine65(up)/91(down) x 8 (+5/7lb), 60(up)/84(down) x 11 (+3R)
      I set eccentric (down) weight at 40% greater than concentric (up) weight. I was able to maintain reps with a significant increase in weight..
    (+X R) = Personal best for a particular arm, less than overall personal best

General Comments
    This is the second week in a row I have had a disappointing session. One week could be an anomaly. But two consecutive weeks suggests some kind of problem. I had problems with bench presses and Arnold presses during both weeks. In an 8 day cycle, I do approximately 40 different exercises. I only have been having problems with 2 of these exercises. This makes me wonder what is different about this session and what is different about these particular exercises. Some of these difference are

--I have less rest before this workout than my other 5 weight training sessions. On weekdays, this workout only occurs only 9-10 hours after an intense leg session. I usually have only about 5 hours of sleep between the two workouts.

--The two exercises that I struggle with are the ones the ones in this session that are most important to me, causing me to use a higher intensity and higher volume. I usually do three sets on these exercises instead of my usual two exercises. I push myself closer to failure than I do on most exercises, and am more likely to do low rep work.

After realizing these differences, I decided to only do two sets of Arnold presses this week. I may switch to two sets of bench presses next week as well. I plan to drop down to a lower intensity next week. I won’t push myself quite as close to failure and I may use the same weight for both sets. After I give my body a chance to recover, I may increase the intensity in future weeks. If things continue to go poorly, I may try switching to a slightly different exercise or different form for a short time.

It would probably also help, if I could separate this session more from the previous days leg session. This will be awkward since moving my leg workout earlier might interfere with my cardio sessions. While moving this workout later in the day would either conflict with my job or be too close to my cardio sessions.

Cardio
    Cycling, Intervals

I kept things easy, so my legs would be fresh for tomorrow’s HIIT workout. I did three hill consecutive hill programs with 90 second intervals. All three were at the maximum intensity level of my Vision Fitness cycling machine. This is the third time that I have done the earlier portion of the workout at the maximum intensity level. Like last week, the workout felt much easier after about 20 minutes, far beyond a typical warmup period. I would like to challenge myself more in this workout, but there is not much more that I can do without switching to a gym machine with a higher max intensity level.

Diet
    • 3700-3800 calories
    • Snack 1 – Oatmeal, 10 oz package broccoli, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Meal 1 – Large bowl Shredded Wheat with skim milk and cut up banana, small serving snapper fillet
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving turkey breast, 2 oranges, a few peanuts
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, pear, 10 oz package green beans, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 – Large bowl Grape Nuts with skim milk, 10 oz succotash, ~2 oz snapper filletm grapes

Supplements
    3g fish oil, 2g flax oil
    Last edited by aka23; 03-29-2004 at 09:02 PM.

Ah. I have never noticed eggs smell unless they are off. It is a shame since egg is such a good source of protein, but you obviously have had no trouble without them.

Perhaps this is a good time for a weeks rest? The unusual fatigue and stronger DOMS could be telling you something. Or mabye your sleeping problem is getting slightly worse? Have the tests you had done yeilded any information that?

You don't mention your job very often - is it quite uneventful (do you enjoy it)? Do have any colleagues/friends there?

I hope your training returns to normal ASAP. It's always dissapointing to have gains saturate, but no doubt they will start coming again as always eventually, hopefully soon.
    Last edited by Exnor; 03-30-2004 at 04:43 AM.

Good strength on the Hammer Strength Wide Chest aka23, One arm skullcrushers look original, Ive never seen anybody do them.

Exnor,
    Overall my sleep has improved in recent weeks. I get 4-7 hours on weekdays (including naps) and 9-11 hours on weekends. I still use sleeping aids on most days. I average about 2 naps per week. These usually occur after I have been behind in my sleep for a while. DOMS in my legs is a usual event for me. I get it after most leg weight training sessions or HIIT workouts on the treadmill.

I have been having trouble will 2 of my approximately 40 exercises -- the bench press and Arnold presses. I am still making decent progress with the vast majority of my exercises. I have a history of making poor progress on the bench press. During the first few months of the journal I gained on every lift except for the bench press. For now I am hoping that my problems are related to my different style of training for these two lifts in which I do more sets and push myself closer to failure than normal. I plan to reduce the intensity and volume on these two lifts for a while. If problems continue, then I will attempt other techniques. There is a good chance a week off would be beneficial, but I am not ready to go that far just yet. I have not taken a full week off since I start lifting as a teenager.

Things have been relatively slow for me at my job. There was a period ~2 years ago in which I used to work as much as 70 hours a week since I was one of a small group controlling the release of our product. Now that our product has been manufactured, our focus is on lab work, which is not my specialty. So I have a lot of free time, and almost never work than 40 hours. I will likely be more busy again later this year. I enjoy my job when I am solving interesting problems. In recent months, I have not felt very challenged. I keep to myself and am not close to people in general.

mixta,
    Thanks. My wide chest press seems out of proportion with my bench press. What I am calling lying one-armed (dumbbell) skullcrushers looks like the picture at http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ingTriExt.html , but I keep my upper arm in a stationary position . The DB comes down to the side of my head, not to my skull like the name implies.
    Last edited by aka23; 03-30-2004 at 09:19 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    For now I am hoping that my problems are related to my different style of training for these two lifts in which I do more sets and push myself closer to failure than normal.
    AKA,

Do you not train to failure on your other exercises? How close do you usually get to failure?

Disappointing session? I'm not seeing it man.........You're putting 390 lbs on the HS Wide Press and stacking the Shoulder press machine AND .....(as if that Ain't enough already) you're Arnold Pressing 75's.....DUDE?!?!?! You gotta have delts that ROCK this is no loser session......impressive as always! I understand you have some high expectations but this is nothing to get bummed about!

ebrunner,
    I estimate that I average about 1 rep from failure over all exercises. The exact amount depends on the exercise and my history with that exercise. If I reach failure one week, I might stay farther away than usual the next week. If I can make large gains without nearing failure, then I am less likely to approach failure. I am more likely to approach failure on exercises where there is less injury risk. On some pull exercises I may have a different form or ROM on the final rep or two, which may be interpreted as failure.

Wikked1,
    I appreciate the support. I am more concerned with changes and rate of changes than the specific weights. If my progress is slower than normal, then I am often disappointed. Note that the HS Press was 4plates+30 per side, not 4plates per side +30.
    Last edited by aka23; 03-30-2004 at 01:59 PM.

Training Log
    Sleep
    I slept approximately 5 hours using 30mg Restoril, then took a 1.5 hour nap later in the day, after meal 3.

Weights
    Rest Day
    I had moderate DOMS in my chest and legs. The muscle soreness became very mild after my nap, so it had little effect on my evening cardio session.

Cardio
    HIIT, Long intervals
    I did eleven 1min 12mph/ 1min 7mph intervals, followed by four 1min 11mph/1min 7mph intervals. The workout was challenging, yet I was feeling decent after interval 10, so I decided to another 12mph interval. I usually drop down to 11mph after 10 intervals. I went through a dramatic change during the 11th interval. I developed significant muscle soreness in my calves and shins, and I was just barely able to complete the interval. I was breathing much more heavily than I did earlier in the workout. I continued to struggle through the final four intervals. Towards the end of the session, I was covered in sweat, and just barely able to catch my breath by the end of the 60 second recovery period. Even the cooldown felt challenging. I am pleased that my lower back did not bother me like it has in recent sessions. I feared that doing heavy SLDLs earlier this week would cause my lower back problems to return.

My workout is summarized below. There is not HR data. I did not wear my HR monitor again. I was not able to complete a few of the intervals, so some were slightly shorter than the listed 60 seconds.
    • 3 min -- Warmup
    • 2 min -- 6 mph
    • Interval 1 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 2 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 3 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 4 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 5 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 6 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 7 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??%? MHR
    • Interval 8 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??%? MHR
    • Interval 9 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??%? MHR
    • Interval 10 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??%? MHR
    • Interval 11 -- 60 sec 12.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??%? MHR
    • Interval 12 -- 60 sec 11.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??%? MHR
    • Interval 13 -- 60 sec 11.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??%? MHR
    • Interval 14 -- 60 sec 11.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??%? MHR
    • Interval 15 -- 60 sec 11.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ??%? MHR
    • 6 min -- Cooldown

Diet
    • ~3700 calories
    • 2:00AM – Oatmeal, 10 oz package broccoli, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • 4:30AM - Oatmeal, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • 7:00AM – 7:30AM - Large bowl Nature O’s cereal with skim milk, small serving turkey breast
    • 11:30AM – 12:15PM - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving turkey breast, banana, a few peanuts
    • 3:15PM - Orange
    • 5:30PM – 6:00PM - Large bowl oatmeal, canned tuna, brown rice, grapes, 10 oz package green beans, a few peanuts
    • 10:00PM – 10:30PM – Kashi Heart to Heart cereal with skim milk, 1 ear corn, 8.5 oz peas, small serving turkey breast, small serving cantaloupe
    My 5:30PM meal occurred about an hour later than usual because I had to stay late at work. I was very hungry when I got home, so I choose to a quick to prepare canned tuna meal.

Supplements
    2g flax oil, 3g fish oil
    Last edited by aka23; 03-30-2004 at 05:18 PM.

Saturday's Training Log

Sleep
    I slept approximately 10.5 hours using 25mg doxylamine succinate (OTC antihistamine sleeping aid).

Weights
    Pull Day, Emphasis Lats/Biceps
    • Chin-ups (underhand grip) – Warmup Set, BW+80 x 5.7 (+1.3R), BW+65 x 8.5 (+1.5R)
      The 5.7 above indicates that I did 5 full reps and 1 partial rep with 7/10th of normal ROM. I usually wait until I get to 6 reps on the heavy set before adding 5lb. I think I will go ahead and increment to BW+85 next time, even though I am below my planned rep ranges.
    • EZ-bar Curls140x5 (+5lb), 130x8 (+2R)
      I did not use extremely strict form on the concentric portion of the motion, as I have in some earlier weeks. As the weight increases, my form sometimes suffers.
    • Seated Hammer Curls – Right: 77.5x6 (+1R), 72.5x10 (+1R); Left: 72.5x7.5 (+1.5R), 67.5x12 (+2R)
      I am pleased to continue to make gains on these curls. I will move up to 75lb with my left arm next week.
    • Strict Dumbbell Rows – 85x12/12, 105x12/12, 125x8/8, 145x3/3
      I have been experimenting with different forms of DB rows in recent weeks. In today’s session I focused on using strict form and rowing to my hip. I increased the weight in a gradual manner to get used to the movement. I was able to maintain this strict form on the first three sets. My form was not as strict during the final set as in the other three, but it was better than previous weeks when I used that heavy a weight. I will have a better sense of what is an appropriate weight to use for future sessions. My lower back started to feel sore during the heavier sets.
    • ~20 degree Lateral Raises – Warmup Set, 62.5x11/11 (+2R/+2R), 67.5x6/6 (+2.5lb)
      These lateral raises went better than expected again. Note that I do lateral raises one arm at a time..
    (+X R) = Personal best for left arm, below overall personal best

General Comments
    None.

Cardio
    Cycling, Low Intensity, Long Duration
    I did a low intensity active recovery day.

Diet
    • 3500-3600 calories
    • Snack 1 – Oatmeal, 10 oz package broccoli, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Meal 1 – Large bowl Nature O’s cereal with skim milk, small serving snapper fillet
    • Snack 3 – Air-popped popcorn, ~1 oz turkey breast
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, large apple 10 oz package green beans, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 – Organic Oats cereal with skim milk, 10 oz package brussel sprouts, 1 ear corn, ~2 oz snapper fillet

Supplements
    2g flax oil, 3g fish oil
    Last edited by aka23; 03-30-2004 at 11:23 PM.

Nice work aka23. Do you use straps or chalk with the DB rows?

Get outta here Aka, lol...I am impressed with your work, especially the latest effort!