The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 103 of 161 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 4025

Thread: Training Log

Nice workout aka23,plenty of weight being used. I can imagine the sound when the weights tipped over. Someone in our gym racked up the Smith machine to do close grip bench press and the weight smashed the bench bending the bar.

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Impressive workout there aka, lots of gains everywhere and big weights.

Nice leg day. How much is a plate? In my gym's leg room they are 25kg (~55lb). If 9 plates per side is what im thinking it is, then its a huge amount of weight (If they are 25kg each, that makes it a total of more than 992lb without even the added weights).

"Please do not flush the urinals with your feet." I found that pretty funny.
    Last edited by Exnor; 04-06-2004 at 08:08 AM.

mixta,
    I have had a few loud smith machine accidents as well. They occurred when the bar slipped off my back while doing standing calf raises. I am not surprised that the smith machine bar bent. Many smith machines have thinner and lighter bars than a typical 7' Olympic barbell.

wibble,
    Thanks. The quad exercises went well, but I was expecting more with the SLDLs and lower back extensions. Hopefully my grip will be back to normal next week, and I will not need to start usuing straps.

Exnor,
    In the US, a "plate" usually weighs 45lb. Note that both the leg press and the hack squat sled are at about a 45 degree angle. This makes the force against gravity the weight x .707 (sine of 45 degrees). Also note that there are many other issues which make it difficult to compare to other leg press machines or other exercises such as different ROMs, seat angles, foot positions, friction, starting resistance, etc.

I also thought the urinal sign was funny. The handles are high enough up that I probably would not have the flexibility to flush them with my feet. A sign like that might actually encourage people to try something that they would never have thought of on their own.
    Last edited by aka23; 04-06-2004 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aka23

General Comments
    The gym added signs in the Mens locker room saying, “Please do not flush the urinals with your feet.” The handles to the urinals are about chest height, so I am
    Actually I often flush the urinals with my feet. My reasoning for this is to avoid picking up any germs. However at my college the urinals have sensors so they automatically flush so I don't find myself flushing them with my feet quite as often since I am usually at the college.

Good workout as always, the discipline you show is admirable and extremely motivating.
    Last edited by Dedicated; 04-06-2004 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks for the link aka, sounds like a good approach. Just makes me wonder now should I put more weight on the bar when I do them...my grip almost failed last time when I did 245. I could feel it slipping on the last couple of reps.

Dedicated,
    Thanks. I would not expect germs to be a major problem since you are washing your hands shortly after flushing the urinal. Another possible option would be to use a paper towel, or some other object as a barrier between your hand. At my office, some people don't even both to flush the urinals at all.

wibble,
    I also can shrug more than I can grip with a barbell. Many forum members have this problem and use straps. I am able to avoid using straps with the Hammer Strength machine. Its trap-bar style handles are much easier to grip than a standard barbell.

Training Log

Sleep
    I slept approximately 5 hours using 30mg Restoril (benzo. sleeping aid).

Weights
    Push Day, Emphasis Bench Press
    • Bench Press – Warmup Sets, 255x3, 240x4, 225x6 (close grip, +1R)
      I have been having some problems with my bench press in recent workouts. Last week I concluded that these problems were likely related to training with too much intensity+volume. I planned to drop down to a lighter weight, use a higher rep range, and maintain a consistent weight during both sets. Instead a combination of my ego and my desire to break my previous PRs caused me to remain at the higher weights I used last time. I kept things easy and stayed further away from normal while using smooth, controlled movements, and good form. With this style of lifting, I dropped down 2 reps in the first set and 1 rep in the second. I gained a rep in the final set, probably because I was not as worn out as usual. Next week I will try to stick to my original plan and move down to a lighter weight.
    • Hammer Strength Wide Chest – 4 plates+35 per side x 6 (+10lb), 4 plates+25 per side x 7 (+1R)
      Both sets were the same reps as last week, with a small increase in weight. I increased to 4p+35 instead of 4p+32.5 this week to minimize risk of plates falling off the machine. 5plates per side may be the maximum possible weight that can be used on this machine. The heavy set really pushed me to my limits. I will probably stay at this weight next week.
    • Arnold Presses – Warmup Set, 70x7 (+1R), 70x7 (+1R)
      I have been having trouble making progress with Arnold presses in recent workouts, so I made the changes I described earlier for the bench press. I used a lighter weight, a lower intensity, improved form, reduced volume, and kept the weight constant between sets. I was pleasantly surprised that I broke my previous PR for 70lb with this form. I will return to 75lb once I can do at least one set of 70x8.
    • Shoulder Press Machine – Warmup Set, Stack+45 (295)x4 (+5lb), Stack+25 (275)x8 (+3R)
      I dropped a rep with a 5lb increase in weight during the first set. I plan to stay at this weight next time.
    • One-armed Skullcrushers –
      Right: Warmup Set, 60x8 (+1R), 60x8 (+1R)
      Left: Warmup Set, 55x8 (+5lb), 55x8 (+5lb)
      I have been making poor progress with the one-armed lying triceps extensions, so I switched to skullcrushers last week. I am pleased that my left arm is quickly catching up to my right, but I am concerned about my unusual form with my left arm. I suspect that I have disproportionate weaknesses in certain portions of the motion due to surgical damage. I instinctively move my arm in a way to avoid these weak areas, making my left arm skullcrushers look different than my right.
    • LifeFitness Triceps Machine – 70(up)/98(down) x 8 (+5/7lb), 65(up)/91(down) x 11 (+3R)
      I set eccentric (down) weight at 40% greater than concentric (up) weight. I was able to maintain reps with a significant increase in weight again. I wish my lying triceps extensions improved as quickly as this similar exercise.
    Bold = Largest weight ever used for given exercise
    (+X lb) = Personal Best -- added X lbs to record maximum
    (+X R) = Personal Best -- added X reps to max at given weight
    (+X R) = Personal best for a particular arm, less than overall personal best

General Comments
    I am disappointed with my bench press decline. The rest of the workout went well.

Cardio
    Cycling, Intervals

I kept things easy, so my legs would be fresh for tomorrow’s HIIT workout. I did three hill consecutive hill programs with 90 second intervals. All three were at the maximum intensity level of my Vision Fitness cycling machine. I would like to challenge myself more in this workout, but there is little more that I can do without switching to a gym machine with a higher max intensity level.

Diet
    • 3600-3700 calories
    • Snack 1 – Oatmeal, 10 oz package broccoli, 1-2 oz chicken breast, a few peanuts
    • Snack 2 - Oatmeal, 1-2 oz chicken breast, a few peanuts
    • Snack 3 – Air-popped popcorn, ~1 oz snapper fillet
    • Meal 1 – Large bowl Shredded Wheat with skim milk and cut up banana, small serving snapper fillet
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving chicken breast, grapes, a few peanuts
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, …, brown rice, pear, 10 oz package green beans, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 – Large bowl Grape Nuts with skim milk, 10 oz succotash, ~2 oz snapper filletm strawberries
    I planned to eat canned tuna in meal 3. I opened the can and left it out in front of me. Somehow I got distracted and forgot to eat it. I did not notice the open can until the next day. No wonder I felt hungry earlier than expected before meal 4. After I realized my mistake, I was concerned about not eating much protein in meal 3. However, I realize that the stress of worrying about such one-time anomalies would likely have more negative effects than the actual event.

Supplements
    3g fish oil, 2g flax oil
    Last edited by aka23; 04-06-2004 at 11:59 PM.

Another good workout aka23, what sort of surgery did you have done on your arm?

Quote Originally Posted by aka23
    I planned to eat canned tuna in meal 3. I opened the can and left it
    out in front of me. Somehow I got distracted and forgot to eat it. I did not notice the open can until the next day. No wonder I felt hungry earlier than expected before meal 4. After I realized my mistake, I was concerned about not eating much protein in meal 3. However, I realize that the stress of worrying about such one-time anomalies would likely have more negative effects than the actual event.
    I was exactly like that last friday night when I went to the movies. I wanted to get a protein bar from the supermarket across the road but they didnt have any in stock and because the movie went for about 2hrs I was stressing about not getting any protein during that time.

nice benching there man. 225! How do you do the arnold press?
    " ...if all else fails, just whip out those b'normous biceps!!!!!!! Teh lad33z <3 teh str3ngth!"- McIrish

"An Irishman has an abiding sense of tragedy which sustains him through temporary periods of joy..."

"When a man is in love, is jealous, and has been whipped by the Inquisition, he is no longer himself..."- Voltaire

Regarding the leg press, I compared your weight with the leg press I use, which is also at a 45 degree angle. Although the weight is less than I initially thought, it is still a large amount; The equavalent in the UK would be approx. 7 25kg plates a side + 9kg.

I like how you are honest with your posts - i.e. with ego issues.

I can sympathise with you about your tricep inbalance. I have similar imbalances in my chest, biceps and back but to a lesser extent. I believe mine were caused by faulty posture that I have since corrected, although I find it is incredibly hard to maintain equal form throught sets as it requires constant concentration. I also often have to lower the weight to keep form equal between muscles.

mixta,
    In August I broke the humerus bone of my left arm while doing heavy DB presses. I had surgery in which doctors cut through my triceps muscle and added titanium plates on opposite sides of the bone. My left triceps has lagged behind my right since then, probably due to neural issues. I expect that I will eventually have symmetric strength, but it may take a long time.

Considering the time period durinig which amino acids appear in the blood stream after a medium to large meal, I realize that such events will probably have little impact. Yet it bothers me when I make this type of mistake. In general I am uncomfortable with minor disruptions to diet or training plans.

clvmike19,
    Thanks. Actually I was dissapointed with the bench presses. I was expecting to at least match last week's performance. The close grips at 225lb went well. A picture and description of Arnold presses is at http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...noldPress.html . I like how the movement uses a larger ROM than DB shoulder presses. I do not need to be concerned with using a full ROM, and it is never a struggle to get the DBs into position.

Exnor,
    I appreciate the support. I believe that 9p+35 would be 8 25kg plates. (9*45 +35 = 440 = 8*2.2*25). You were probably comparing 9plates without the 35 (9*45 ~= 7*2.2*25 +2.2*9). I have always thought that 45lb seemed like an odd weight. 25kg sounds more convenient, although I imagine that it would be awkward for smaller women to remove such heavy plates from machines.

I have more ego issues with the bench press than with any other execise. My ego sometimes makes me want to put more weight on than I plan. This may be related to me feeling that my bench press is disproportionately weak compared to my other lifts or to making slower progress with the bench press than with nearly all other exercises.
    Last edited by aka23; 04-07-2004 at 01:07 PM.

Weekend Training Log

Sleep
    I slept approximately 10.5 hours using 25mg doxylamine succinate (OTC antihistamine sleeping aid).

Weights
    Rest Day
    I had mild DOMS in my legs and chest, much less DOMS than normal.

Cardio
    HIIT, 30-second Intervals
    This session went very well again. I believe this is the third time I have been able to complete all 30 12mph intervals without reducing the speed or length of the work period. For some unknown reason, these 30 second intervals sessions have been feeling much less challenging than usual recently. My longer intervals and fixed intensity running sessions all feel as challenging as ever, but these shorter intervals have been feeling easier. My increased weight certainly is not helping, and I thought I was near the limit of my potential for cardiovascular improvements without major changes in my training. Whatever the reason, I am happy to see this change. Next time I may try doing 35 second work periods and 25 second rest periods instead of my usual 30/30 ratio. My main concern with this strategy is that I tend to get more worn out during the end of the session. I do not want to overexert myself at the start and be unable to complete the workout. Perhaps I will try doing the first 15 intervals as 35/25 and the later 15 as 30/30.

When I started this session I had an odd feeling in my hamstrings. I am not sure if it was DOMS or just a tight muscle (lack of stretching). This feeling made the first few intervals feel unpleasant. After about 5 minutes of intervals, my legs felt normal. The earlier intervals felt easy. I was not even breathing that hard until the later intervals. However, the last 5 intervals felt quite challenging. I did not feel like I could continue doing additional intervals, like I did last week. I had some muscle soreness in my calves or shins during the later intervals, but far less than a 1-2 months ago. I was pleasantly surprised that my lower back did not bother me at all. I was expecting my lower back problems to return since I did SLDLs this week.

My average speed during the 30 intervals was 9.5mph again. I am not sure if I could even maintain a 9.5mph pace for 30 minutes, but I can consistently maintain the pace with this sprinting workout. If I am able to increase my ratio to 1/2 35/25 and 1/2 30/30 as discussed earlier, then my average speed will increase to 9.7mph. My workout is summarized below. I did not bring my HR monitor since I had good results without wearing a HR monitor last time and the HR measures are not very meaningful for such short intervals..
    • 3 min -- Warmup
    • 2 min -- 6 mph
    • Interval 1 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 2 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 3 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 4 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 5 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 6 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 7 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 8 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 9 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 10 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 11 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 12 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 13 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 14 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 15 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 16 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 17 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 18 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph – ??% MHR
    • Interval 19 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 20 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 21 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 22 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 23 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 24 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 25 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 26 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 27 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 28 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 29 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • Interval 30 -- 30 sec 12.0 mph / 30 sec 7.0 mph -- ??% MHR
    • 6 min -- Cooldown

Diet
    • ~3600 calories
    • Snack 1 – Large bowl oatmeal, 10 oz package broccoli, 1-2 oz chicken breast, a few peanuts
    • Snack 2 - Oatmeal, 1-2 oz snapper fillet, a few peanuts
    • Meal 1 - Large bowl Nature O’s cereal with skim milk, small serving snapper fillet
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving turkey breast, 2 oranges, a few peanuts
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, large apple, 10 oz package green beans, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 - Large bowl Kashi Heart to Heart cereal with skim milk, 10 oz package peas, 1 ear corn, 1-2 oz chicken breast
    I nearly forgot to eat my largest source of protein at dinner again. I left the chicken breast out in front of me, got distracted, and went on to do other things. I did not notice and eat the chicken breast until 1-1.5 hours after I had eaten the other foods contained in the meal.

Supplements
    2g flax oil, 3g fish oil
    Last edited by aka23; 04-07-2004 at 04:31 PM.

Hey aka, sorry with the late reply. Nice close grip benching the other day! Arnold presses are looking strong too! Keep it up!

wibble,
    Thanks. My close grip bench press is almost as high (within 7%) as my regular grip press. If I started with the CGBP, they would be even closer. I am glad to be making progress on the Arnold presses again.

Hope there weren't any bacteria on that chicken you left out. Salmonella isn't fun.

Insane intervals, as always.

fuzz,

Thanks for the compliment. The chicken that I left out was uncooked. I microwaved the chicken at a high temperature before eating it. Fortunately I have not had any noticeable lasting effects from the unrefrigerated chicken.

I started this journal 1 year ago on 4/7/2003. It seems appropriate to compare statistics and look at changes over this period. I have my listed my weight, my lifts on the key exercises, and some cardio statistics. The largest percentage increases were on the leg press and lateral raises. The leg press percentage may be distorted since I am not including the wieght of the machine. And it may not be appropriate to compare lateral raises since I have altered my form. The smallest percentage increase was on the bench press. I find it intersting that I have progressed so much more rapidly with incline DB presses than with the bench press. I wish I had some pictures to compare as well. I plan to take some new pictures after a skin problem clears up.

Journal Statistics
    2567 posts, Average 7.0 posts per day
    ~40860 views, Average 112 views per day

Weight
    Increased from 162.5lb to ~193lb while maintaining approximate body fat

Chest Strength
    Bench Press -195x6 -> 255x5 (last week)
    DB Incline Press - 65x6 -> 102.5x8 (different order of exercises, now start out with incline DB)

Back Strength
    Chin-ups (underhand) – BWx17 -> BW+80 x 5.7
    DB Rows – 85x8 -> 125x8 (more strict form?)

Shoulder Strength
    DB Shoulder Press – 50x8 -> 85x6
    DB Lateral Raise – 30x7 -> 67.5x6 (used different form)

Legs / Core Strength
    Squats – 225x7 -> 350x8 (deeper)
    Leg Press – 420x8 -> 880x5
    SLDLs – 205x4.5 -> 330x5 (last week)

Cardiovascular Abilities
    Increased from 8 sets of 60sec 12mph / 60 sec 7mph HIIT intervals to 10 sets of 12mph/7mph + 5 sets of 11mph/7mph
    Increased highest heart rate can maintain for extended periods (>30 minutes) from ~80%MHR to ~88%MHR.

Cardiovascular Performance
    ~1 hour running pace increased from 7.0mph (at 75%MHR) to 9.0mph (at 85-90%MHR).
    ~1 hour cycling pace increased by at least 23% (do not remember detailed info about performance 1 year ago)
    Last edited by aka23; 04-08-2004 at 02:17 AM.

Nice gains all round aka23. Which increases are you happiest with?

Well done on your gains over the past year, as Chris Mason says, your achievements are very impressive.

Exnor,
    I appreciate the support. I believe that 9p+35 would be 8 25kg plates. (9*45 +35 = 440 = 8*2.2*25). You were probably comparing 9plates without the 35 (9*45 ~= 7*2.2*25 +2.2*9). I have always thought that 45lb seemed like an odd weight. 25kg sounds more convenient, although I imagine that it would be awkward for smaller women to remove such heavy plates from machines.
    Yeah, I was comparing the 9 plates.

There are next to no women in my gym (there is a special womens only gym room that I assume they all go to), so having large plates is not a problem. My gym is quite unique in this city in that it is the only one considered 'hardcore', as opposed to the multiple similar 'health club' type gyms. I like this aspect for many reasons, one being that its great to be in an environment where most people have similar goals, and respect each other for it, offering support and encourangement. It also means we get visits by pros while they are visiting the city sometimes, about 2 weeks ago the worlds strongest man came for a visit/workout. I was not there but the pictures were quite good.
    Last edited by Exnor; 04-08-2004 at 06:48 AM.

Those are some really impressive gains for 1 year aka! I thought you're bench progress was impressive as well. You put on 60lbs for reps in 1 year which I don't think is bad at all! I hope to see more great gains from you in the future, great work!

mixta,
    Thanks. I am most happy with the general upper body strength increases while recovering from my broken humerus bone. I feared that I might never regain my full strength and/or flexibility. Instead I have gone well above my pre-accident PRs, excluding triceps extensions. It is difficult for me to choose specific exercises. The most dramatic increases have been in isolation type exercises that are not especially important to me.

Exnor,
    I live in a community with many gyms. The Yellow Pages at Yahoo list 18 gyms in the area. That is more than 1 gym per 3000 persons living in the area. There are several gyms designed for women and at least one with a special weight room for women separated from the main area, but there are no 'hardcore' gyms like you describe. It sounds a great place to workout, although there are times when it is nice to have women around as well.

wibble,
    I appreciate the support. 60lb sounds like a high number. However, it is only 5lb per month (60/12=5). I suppose that is not bad progress. I was just expecting more. In any case, I think I am further from my potential on the bench press than on my other lifts, leaving me more room to improve in the future.
    Last edited by aka23; 04-08-2004 at 02:27 PM.

Weekend Training Log

Sleep
    I slept approximately 10.5 hours using 25mg doxylamine succinate (OTC antihistamine sleeping aid). I was pleasantly surprised that I had no muscle soreness today after yesterday’s intense HIIT session. HIIT workouts produce as much DOMS in my legs as my weight training sessions.

Weights
    Pull Day, Emphasis Lats/Biceps
    • Pull-ups (overhand grip) – Warmup Set, BW+75 x 5 (+5lb), BW+60 x 8 (+1R)
      These felt fairly easy. I may have been able to do another rep on each set.
    • Loose Form EZ-bar Curls – 140->130x6 (see below), 130x9 (+1R)
      I intended to start out with 140lb on the first set. I accidentally loaded up the weight wrong and did a set with 130lb. No wonder it was so easy to improve over last week and reach 6 reps. I did not realize that I had misloaded the weights until I had already completed the set. I decided to do my second set at my usual lighter weight instead of trying to move up to 140lb and treating the first set as a warmup. I did not use a strict form on the concentric portion of the motion, as I have in some of my earlier weeks. I would not be able to curl this much with very strict form.
    • Seated Hammer Curls – Right: 77.5x7 (+1R), 72.5x11 (+1R); Left: 75x5 (+2.5lb), 70x10 (+2R)
      I am disappointed that I dropped 2 reps with a 2.5lb increase on weight on the left arm sets. Hopefully I will regain the lost reps next week.
    • Strict Dumbbell Rows – 85x12/12, 105x12/12, 125x9/9, 135x4/4
      I have been experimenting with different forms of DB rows in recent weeks. I continued with the style I tried last week. I focused on using strict form and rowing to my stomach/hip. I increased the weight in a gradual manner to get used to the movement. My form was not as strict during the final two sets as in the first two, but it was far better than previous weeks when I used this heavy a weight.
    • ~20 degree Lateral Raises – Warmup Set, 62.5x13/13 (+2R/+2R), 67.5x8/8 (+2R)
      My fingers felt sore after gripping the heavy DBs when doing the rows. Fortunately this soreness did not interfere with the lateral raises. The lateral raises went better than expected again. I seem to gain more rapidly on this exercise than on others in this workout. I do lateral raises one arm at a time. The left side felt more difficult than the right, but I was able to match the reps done during my right arm sets.
    Bold = Largest weight ever used for given exercise
    (+X lb) = Personal Best -- added X lbs to record maximum
    (+X R) = Personal Best -- added X reps to max at given weight
    (+X R) = Personal best for left arm, below overall personal best

General Comments
    I started this workout later than I had planned due to confusion over day light savings. It will probably take my body about a week to get used to the change.

Cardio
    Cycling, Low Intensity, Long Duration
    I did a low intensity active recovery day.

Diet
    • 3700-3800 calories
    • Snack 1 – Oatmeal, 10 oz package broccoli, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Snack 2 - Oatmeal, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Meal 1 – Large bowl Nature O’s cereal with skim milk, small serving turkey breast
    • Snack 3 – Air-popped popcorn, ~1 oz turkey breast
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving snapper fillet, banana, a few peanuts
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, large apple 10 oz package green beans, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 – Organic Oats cereal with skim milk, 10 oz package brussel sprouts, 1 ear corn, ~2 oz snapper fillet

Supplements
    2g flax oil, 3g fish oil
    Last edited by aka23; 04-08-2004 at 05:34 PM.

Nice workout aka23, excellent rowing strength there. I cant row nowhere near what I usually do when I do pullups first.

Nice session aka, impressive Hammer Curls and Lateral Raises! And of course everything else.