Page 21 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Log

Originally posted by diego
    do you do warmup sets for each exercise or do you just go straight into the work sets?
    I sometimes do a warmup set before bench press or squats, as they are heavy compound movements and the first exercise of my routine. I rarely do warmups sets before the other exercises. When I do a warmup set, I list it in the training log. It might be beneficial to add more warmup sets to my routine. They can reduce risk of injury, let you practice movement/form, and in some cases allow greater intensity for the following work set.
    Last edited by aka23; 06-14-2003 at 05:05 PM.

Thursday's Training Log
    This is the training log for Thursday, June 12th

Sleep
    I took today off from work, so I was able to sleep in. I still have seven more deferred holidays that I need to use before the summer ends. I used 25mg doxylamine succinate instead of my usual midweek Ambien/Restoril since I had the extra time to sleep. I slept about 7 hours, and then took a 2.5 hour nap after meal 1.

Weights, Push Day
    • Dumbbell Bench Press – Warmup Set, 92x8 (+1R), 87x7 (L)
      The L indicates that the second set went extra low – below my nipple.
    • Dumbbell Incline Press – 80xUp/0, 75xUp/0, 72x9/0, 67xUp/0, 62x0/9
      I had trouble getting the left dumbbell up for the first rep. I may have previously strained my left shoulder. After failing to get the left dumbbell up at 80lb, 75lb, and 72lb; I went ahead and did one-handed presses with my right arm. 72x9 ties my previous record. I probably could have done another rep or two, if I was not tired from the previous sets. I was not able to get the left dumbbell up until I dropped down to 62lb.

I plan to start out with light weights next week, where I know I can get the weight up with my left arm. I may do a heavy rep set on Sunday, using the Hammer Strength machine.
    • Dumbbell Flyes – 62x8
      I may switch these to incline dumbbell flyes next week.
    • Dumbbell Shoulder Press (right arm) – 65x7/0 (+2R), 60x10/0 (+1R)
    • Dumbbell Shoulder Press (left arm) – 50x0/5
      I had trouble getting the left dumbbell up, so I did separate sets with the right and left arms. I had decent increases with the right arm. The left was far behind.

I plan to try arnold presses next week at a lower weight. I think I will have less trouble getting them up in the air with this motion. In addition, I will start at a low weight since it is a new exercise. I may try a heavy set of shoulder presses on Sunday, using a machine at the gym.
    • Dumbbell Front Raises -- 47x8/8 (+2lb), 42x10/10 (+2R)
      My left shoulder problem did not seem to affect the front raises. I added 2lb to my previous maximum while maintaining my usual reps.
    • Lying Triceps Extension -- 115x6 (+5lb), 105x9 (+2R)
      I plan to switch back to skull crushers next week.
    • Dumbbell Kickbacks -- 60x8/8 (+3lb), 55x10/10 (+2R)
      I may switch these to one-armed dumbbell triceps extensions next week.
    Bold = Largest weight ever used for given exercise
    (+X lb) = Personal Best -- added X lbs to record maximum
    (+X R) = Personal Best -- added X reps to max at given weight
    (L) = Low -- Extra large ROM

General Comments
    My shoulder problem and poor chest gains resulted in a disappointing performance during the earlier exercises. The triceps exercises and front raises had decent increases.

Cardio
    HIIT, 45-second Intervals
    I did a ramping intensity HIIT workout on the treadmill. The first interval was at 11.0 mph. I then increased intensity during each interval until I reached 12.0 mph (max speed of treadmill) and a 3% incline. At this point I felt quite exhausted, dropped back down to 11.0 mph, then began another set of ramping intensity intervals. This is the second highest intensity I have reached during a HIIT workout. I was not able to reach 12.0 mph + a 4% incline, like I did on 5/29. The reduced performance may be related to a pain in my right calf that was quite noticeable during the recovery portions. This pain went away the next day. The higher gym temperature may have also had an effect.

My workout is summarized below. The final column lists the percentage of my maximum heart rate during its highest point within the interval. The ?s indicate that the HR readings were erratic and may be incorrect. A good number of my HR readings seem to not follow the intensity of the interval. My HR sometimes dropped when I increased the speed of the treadmill. I have never seen this strange HR behavior during an HIIT workout and do not have an explanation.
    • 3 min -- Warmup
    • 2 min -- 6 mph
    • Interval 1 -- 45 sec 11.0 mph / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~79% MHR
    • Interval 2 -- 45 sec 11.5 mph / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~83% MHR
    • Interval 3 -- 45 sec 12.0 mph / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~88% MHR
    • Interval 4 -- 45 sec 12.0 mph +1% incline / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~94% MHR
    • Interval 5 -- 45 sec 12.0 mph +2% incline / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~95% MHR
    • Interval 6 -- 45 sec 12.0 mph +3% incline / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~93% MHR
    • Interval 7 -- 45 sec 11.0 mph / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~87% MHR
    • Interval 8 -- 45 sec 11.5 mph / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~92% MHR
    • Interval 9 -- 45 sec 12.0 mph / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~90% MHR
    • Interval 10 -- 45 sec 12.0 mph +1% incline / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~89% MHR
    • Interval 11 -- 45 sec 12.0 mph +2% incline / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~92% MHR
    • Interval 12 -- 45 sec 11.0 mph / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~90% MHR
    • Interval 13 -- 45 sec 11.5 mph / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~89% MHR
    • Interval 14 -- 45 sec 12.0 mph / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~90% MHR
    • Interval 15 -- 45 sec 11.0 mph / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~92% MHR
    • Interval 16 -- 45 sec 11.5 mph / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~93% MHR
    • MHR became difficult to read after this point
    • Interval 17 -- 45 sec 11.0 mph / 45 sec 7.0 mph -- ~93% MHR?
    • Interval 18 -- 45 sec 11.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph -- ~93% MHR?
    • Interval 19 -- 45 sec 11.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph – ~90% MHR?
    • Interval 20 -- 30 sec 11.0 mph / 60 sec 7.0 mph – ~89% MHR?
    • 1 min -- 6 mph
    • 5 min -- Cooldown

Diet
    • 3500-3600 calories
    • Snack 1 - Oatmeal, 1 package broccoli, 1/3 snapper fillet, a few peanuts
    • Snack 2 - Oatmeal, 1/3 snapper fillet, a few peanuts
    • Meal 1 - Large bowl Shredded Wheat Cereal with skim milk and cut banana, snapper fillet
    • Snack 3 – ½ Banana
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving chicken breast, ½ Banana, a few peanuts
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, 1 package green beans, 1 large apple, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 - Large bowl Grape Nuts with skim milk, succotash, cantaloupe

Supplements
    2g fish oil, 1g flax oil
    Last edited by aka23; 06-15-2003 at 03:53 AM.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    I dont understand how you can eat fish and oatmeal in the same sitting.

Also..you said you went back to sleep after meal 1 but you've got two snacks before meal one. Does that mean you took a nap after snack one or you ate those two snacks while sleeping?

You've got to teach me how to do that ****.

Originally posted by Budiak
    I dont understand how you can eat fish and oatmeal in the same sitting.
    That does seem like an odd combination, although not as odd as fish and cereal. Combining grains and fish in the same meal does not bother me. I enjoy the taste of both foods. I often eat my foods slowly. I might eat the fish, take a short break while reading or looking at TV, then eat the oatmeal 15 minutes later.

Originally posted by Budiak
    Also..you said you went back to sleep after meal 1 but you've got two snacks before meal one. Does that mean you took a nap after snack one or you ate those two snacks while sleeping?
    I rarely sleep more than about 4 hours in a row. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I have a small snack, then go back to bed. Snack #1 occurs near 2AM. Snack #2 occurs near 4:30AM. Meal #1 occurs near 7AM. In Thursday's journal entry, it would have been more accurate to say I slept 9.5 hours with breaks for Snack #1, Snack #2, and Meal #1.

Friday's Training Log
    This is the training log for Friday, June 13th

Sleep
    I slept approximately 5.5 hours last night using 30mg Restoril and 10mg Ambien (sleeping aids). I will rotate to doxylamine succinate tomorrow, dropping the Restoril and Ambien.

Weights
    Rest Day
    As usual, my legs are sore after Thurday's HIIT. My back and traps are also sore in certain positions. I have found it strange that my back/traps are frequently sore on Friday since I work my back on Tuesdays and Saturdays. I noticed that the soreness is worst when I move my arms in the positions used for anterior deltoid exercises (front raise, DB shoulder press), which I do on Thursdays. According to exrx.net, these exercises use the lower and middle traps as synergists.

Cardio
    Cycling -- Very low intensity, very long duration

Diet
    • ~3500 calories
    • 1:45AM-2:15AM - Oatmeal, 1-2 oz turkey breast, 1 package broccoli, a few peanuts
    • 4:00AM-4:30AM - Oatmeal, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • 7:00AM-7:45AM – Shredded Wheat with skim milk and cut up banana, small serving turkey breast
    • 10:30AM - Peach
    • 11:30AM-12:45PM - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving turkey breast, peach, a few peanuts
    • 4:00PM - Banana
    • 4:45PM-5:45PM - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, 1 package green beans, apple, a few peanuts
    • Cardio Workout
    • 10PM-10:45PM – Organic Oats cereal with skim milk, 1 package brussel sprouts, 1 ear corn, cantaloupe
    I ate a lot of turkey today because I bought 2+ lb of turkey breast fillet at the supermarket last night. I want to finish it before it spoils.

According to fitday.com, my average calorie total this week is 3552 calories. This is 7 calories above last week’s average.

Supplements
    2g flax oil, 1g fish oil

Weekly Goal Update

Weight -- 172.0lb (+ 1.0 lb)

Median Body Fat -- 3.6% (No Change)
    Average Body Fat -- 3.7% (No Change)

Lowest Formula -- 2.1% (JP-3, chest, abdomen, thigh)
    Highest Formula -- 4.7% (L-3, triceps, abdomen, subscapular) & (S-2, thigh, subscapular)

My new goal is to be 177lb and 5% body fat or less. This week my weight increased by 1.0lb. My skinfold and body fat measures remained the same as last week

According to weight and BF measures, I have gained about 10 lbs of muscle since starting this journal 10 weeks ago. My pictures have not changed much, but I have noticed a lot of changes. My clothes fit differently than they used to, due to larger arms and quads. My arms, back, and legs have more muscle definition, especially around the deltoids and triceps.

I listed 172.0 lb as my weight. This total may be high or low due to water/glycogen weight. I weigh myself before and after my two weekend workouts at the gym. The actual measures are below. I took an average of the values to get the listed 172.0 lb.

Before Workout Sat -- 172.5 lb
    After Workout Sat -- 172.0 lb
    Before Workout Sun -- 171.5 lb (dehydrated?)
    After Workout Sun -- 172.0 lb (drank a lot of water during workout)

Skinfold Measures
    Biceps -- 2 mm
    Triceps -- 2 mm
    Chest -- 2 mm
    Axilla -- 3 mm
    Abdomen -- 3.5 mm
    Thigh -- 4 mm
    Suprailiac -- 4 mm
    Subscapular -- 8 mm

The attached jpeg contains two pictures at different angles. One is a direct reflection. The other is a secondary reflection from my medicine cabinet mirror. I think that I looked slightly leaner in last week’s picture, yet the skinfold measures remained the same. The difference may be related to doing skinfold measures in the morning and taking pictures later in the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aka23; 06-16-2003 at 07:53 AM.

Great workouts Aka....you are like a machine....that's a compliment. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's a little sore a couple days after workouts.....quads especially! Turkey breast 2lbs..that's enough for a weeks worth of sandwiches for me!
    Your cardio is killing me......I must be too old cause I have no idea where you find the energy to do it.......but you continue to be an inspiration!

from fish to turkey, what's next? j/k

nice job again aka, im sure you'll be able to reach your new goals.

also, i really like how you take the pictures each week in the same spot/pose. it makes it a lot easier to compair your pictures from week to week.
    "Eat until it hurts dammit! Then eat more. Youll get used to it. I think its like sex for a chick. Sure it hurts the first time, but after a couple rides it just goes in like a glove." -clvmike19

"... chicks are like smarties. They're different colors but each share the same deliciousness. Its just a matter of deciding if you'll save the red ones for last or eat a bunch of different ones in the same handful." -wibble

Seems like you've put on some lean mass when comapring that recent pic with this onehttp://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=489017

Great work aka
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

I would def. say you've put on some lbm. Great work man!

Originally posted by Wikked1
    Great workouts Aka....you are like a machine....that's a compliment. Glad to see I'm not the only one who's a little sore a couple days after workouts.....quads especially!
    Thanks. It seems that my body is sore more often than not. I enjoy the soreness as long as it does not interfere with my workouts or other aspects of my life.

Your cardio is killing me......I must be too old cause I have no idea where you find the energy to do it.......but you continue to be an inspiration!
    You should have seen the cardio workouts I did when I was younger. When I was an upperclassmen in high school, I used to do a ~12 mile run on the trail pictured at http://co.schenectady.ny.us/bikehike.php 2x per week. One time I did 15 miles. I usually ran at a high intensity near 80-90% MHR. I sometimes did this run in extreme weather conditions. I recall once seeing the outdoor thermometer at a bank reading 92 degrees, after completing my run. In my early years of college, I used to run ~10 miles up and down the foothills that are pictured at http://dish.stanford.edu/dishgraphics/dishrun.gif every 3 days (You cannot see the sections with the steep portions of the hills in this picture). Today my legs feel sore if I run for 7 miles on flat ground. I do not think I could do the workouts mentioned above.
    Last edited by aka23; 06-16-2003 at 04:57 PM.

Originally posted by aka23

You should have seen the cardio workouts I did when I was younger. When I was an upperclassmen in high school, I used to do a ~12 mile run on the trail pictured at http://co.schenectady.ny.us/bikehike.php 2x per week. One time I ran 15 miles. I usually ran at a high intensity near 80-90% MHR. I sometimes did this run in extreme weather conditions. I recall one time seeing the outdoor thermometer at a bank reading 92 degrees, after completing my run. In my early years of college, I used to run ~10 miles up and down the foothills that are pictured at http://dish.stanford.edu/dishgraphics/dishrun.gif every 3 days (You can not see the sections with the steep portions of the hills in this picture). Today my legs feel sore if I run for 7 miles on flat ground. I do not think I could do the workouts mentioned above.
    Slacker You look impressive as always, Im waiting to see a pic of you with a beer gut Did you smile at least once today? Do it!!
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

I sometimes do a warmup set before bench press or squats, as they are heavy compound movements and the first exercise of my routine. I rarely do warmups sets before the other exercises. When I do a warmup set, I list it in the training log. It might be beneficial to add more warmup sets to my routine. They can reduce risk of injury, let you practice movement/form, and in some cases allow greater intensity for the following work set.
    do you think it's best to just do a warmup on say bench press for chest, deadlifts for back, and just do worksets only on the rest of the exercises for that muscle group. It's just i find at the moment i'm working out longer than 1.5 hours cos i do so many warmup sets. oh and if your hitting a workset, how do you know how much weight to put on without getting a feel for it or do you just know before you do it how many reps you'll get?
    Last edited by diego; 06-16-2003 at 05:28 PM.

Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
    from fish to turkey, what's next? j/k

nice job again aka, im sure you'll be able to reach your new goals.

also, i really like how you take the pictures each week in the same spot/pose. it makes it a lot easier to compair your pictures from week to week.
    Thanks. My meats follow a weekly cycle. I tend to eat a lot of fish just before going to the supermarket, then a lot of fresh poultry on the days after buying groceries.

I try to use the same pose each week, and I often do compare pictures. I would like to have poses that show a larger portion of my body, but I am restricted by my mirror setup and holding the camera in one hand. Perhaps I could try setting the camera on a stand and using its self-timer.

Originally posted by Manveet
    Seems like you've put on some lean mass when comapring that recent pic with this onehttp://www.wannabebigforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=489017

Great work aka
    Originally posted by Mik
    I would def. say you've put on some lbm. Great work man!
    Thanks. It is a shame that the early picture was in a different pose, so that only my stomach is visible. I think there would have been a noticeable change in my arms and shoulders. The earliest picture in a similar pose is from April 20th -- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/atta...&postid=495320 .

Originally posted by Y2A
    Slacker You look impressive as always, Im waiting to see a pic of you with a beer gut Did you smile at least once today? Do it!!
    Thanks. I smiled when I read your post. I used to have a stomach shortly after puberty. My father and a good portion of my male relatives also have a large stomach. I hope that I will never have a "beer gut" in these training log pics.
    Last edited by aka23; 06-16-2003 at 05:47 PM.

whoah! your new pic looks seriously awesome! i see the most amount of change in your upper arms. Looking tan, as usual.
    I have been trying to mimic your results for a while, cutting my calories alot, while still eating over maintenance, and doing a fair amount of cardio. My main goal is for my abs do become more defined, as they dissapeared for a week (though they are back now). Any advice?
    Pup, in reference to me: "he's like Budiak...but worse"

Budiak: "Statistically I've gained almost an inch on my arms...but thats just theory, and we know what theory gets us. Thats right. Communism."

BigChaseyChase: "Cutting, there will not be!"

sir millard mulch: "I could probably punch some chick really hard at this point"

Galileo - "Someday maybe I'll be able to use the big boy weights like RG570."

do you think it's best to just do a warmup on say bench press for chest, deadlifts for back, and just do worksets only on the rest of the exercises for that muscle group. It's just i find at the moment i'm working out longer than 1.5 hours cos i do so many warmup sets.
    Many experts recommend doing a warmup set (or multiple sets) with every exercise. I think warmup sets are most important for the first exercises and heavy compound exercises, like the ones you listed. Doing so on other exercises may also benefit. It depends on the person and the type of training routine.

I am surprised that your workouts last more than 1.5 hours since you usually only list about 12 working sets per workout in your journal. Working out for such long periods could interfere with recovery. It depends on a number of factors such as intensity and rest time. I usually finish my workouts in under an hour or less.

oh and if your hitting a workset, how do you know how much weight to put on without getting a feel for it or do you just know before you do it how many reps you'll get?
    I estimate how much I will be able to increase based on my previous history. I usually have a good idea of how many reps I will be able to do at a given weight. I sometimes estimate poorly on a new exercise. If this happens, then I adjust the weight accordingly on the next set.

Originally posted by RG570
    whoah! your new pic looks seriously awesome! i see the most amount of change in your upper arms.
    Thanks. I also thought that the most change occurred in my upper arms/shoulders.

Originally posted by RG570
    I have been trying to mimic your results for a while, cutting my calories alot, while still eating over maintenance, and doing a fair amount of cardio. My main goal is for my abs do become more defined, as they dissapeared for a week (though they are back now). Any advice?
    Water rentention and other similar issues can make your abs become more or less visible. Some people have defined abs in the morning, and undefined abs later in the day.

I think doing cardio and eating a small amount above maintenance is an excellent way to perform a lean bulk. Some people might have trouble losing fat while eating over maintenance, but it seems to be working for you. More intense types of cardio, such as HIIT, are often especially helpful for losing body fat (and making abs more visible). Intensity and duration should be increased in a gradual manner, as high intensity cardio also carries a greater risk of overtraining and injury.

Of course training the abs is also a key factor. I think it is beneficial to work abs like other muscle groups, instead of doing extremely high reps with light weights, like many people do at my gym.
    Last edited by aka23; 06-16-2003 at 06:51 PM.

Thanks. I smiled when I read your post. I used to have a stomach shortly after puberty. My father and a good portion of my male relatives also have a large stomach. I hope that I will never have a "beer gut" in these training log pics.
    YOU smiled?? Next, I gotta make you laugh... My true moment of success will be when youre crackin jokes and pimpin girls Muahaha, that day WILL arrive!! But for now, keep lifting and smiling, life is good
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Saturday's Training Log
    This is training log for Saturday, June 14th

Sleep
    My total sleep for the day was about 10.5 hours. I slept approximately 7 hours last night, took a 2.5-hour nap after Meal 1, and later took a 1-hour nap after meal 3. I used 25mg doxylamine succinate.

Weights, 1/2 Body Pull, Emphasis on Machines
    • Compound Row -- 210x6 (+10lb), 190x10 (+1R)
      I increased by 10lb while maintaining 6 reps on the first set.
    • HS Iso Low Row -- 180x6 (+5lb), 170x9 (+3R)
    • Dual Axis Pulldown, Arc Motion – 175x9 (+10lb)
    • Dual Axis Pulldown, Parallel Grip – 240x8 (+10lb)
      This is my second week doing dual axis pulldowns. I increased both motions by 10lb while maintaining last week’s reps.
    • Reverse Preacher Curls (using machine) – 70x8 (N)
      Gains have been slowing down on my usual seated preacher curls, so I am substituting reverse curls. This is the first time I have ever done reverse curls. I feel like I am limited by my thumb/hand strength, rather than my bicep/forearm strength.
    • Lateral Raise Machine -- Stack (150)x8 (+2R)
    • Rear Lateral Raise Machine -- Stack (250)x8/7 (+20lb), 230x10/9 (+2/1R)
      I have been gaining well on this exercise. Five weeks ago, I did rear lateral raises for the first time with sets at 100lb and 130lb. Today I reached the 250lb stack. A child and his father worked in between my sets. The child made several comments about the amount of weight being used.
    • Ab Machine – Stack (240)x9.5 (+1.5R), 230x11.5 (+1R), 220x13
      I had to wait a long time for this machine. The person ahead of me did at least 3 sets of ~100 reps.

I am nearly at 10 reps, so I would like to increase the resistance next week. I will either add a weight to the top of the stack or try a different machine.
    • Inner Thigh Machine – Stack+20 (210)x13 (+5R)
      I usually do these with my other leg exercises on Sunday. I swapped them with lower back extensions since I will be doing SLDLs tomorrow and do not want to work my lower back on sequential days.
    Bold = Largest weight ever used for given exercise
    (+X lb) = Personal Best -- added X lbs to record maximum
    (+X R) = Personal Best -- added X reps to max at given weight
    (N) = New Exercise – no basis for personal best comparison

General Comments
    I feel that I had excellent gains in this workout. It was also good to reach the stack on half of the machines used in this workout.

Cardio
    Cycling, medium intensity
    I did a 90-sec interval program, a 45-sec interval program, a 22.5 sec interval program, a ~19 sec interval program (minimum size allowed), then did some cycling at a fixed level. The full workout took about an hour. The intervals were all at the same level as last week. Once again, my heart rate only reached 80-85%MHR on the intervals even though I was pedaling with near full exertion and pedaling while standing up during the 45-sec intervals.

Diet
    • ~3500 calories
    • Snack 1 - Oatmeal, 1 package broccoli, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Snack 2 - Oatmeal, 1-2 oz turkey breast, a few peanuts
    • Meal 1 - Large bowl Nature O’s Cereal with skim milk, small serving turkey breast
    • Snack 3 - Peach
    • Snack 4 - Banana
    • Meal 2 - Large bowl black beans mixed with brown rice, sweet potato, small serving turkey breast, peach, a few peanuts
    • Snack 5 - Banana
    • Meal 3 - Large bowl oatmeal, chicken breast, brown rice, 1 package green beans, pear, a few peanuts
    • Meal 4 - Large bowl Grape Nuts with skim milk, succotash, cantaloupe
    This is the first time I can recall having five snacks in a day. The large number of snacks was related to my extra sleep.

Supplements
    1.3g borage oil, 1g fish oil, 1g fish oil, 1 multivitamin/mineral (no iron)
    Last edited by aka23; 06-17-2003 at 12:06 AM.

Thanks. It seems that my body is sore more often than not. I enjoy the soreness as long as it does not interfere with my workouts or other aspects of my life.

Yeah I hear you loud and clear on the interference deal....can't afford to be gimping around the office.....my co-workers are far too brutal for that!

http://co.schenectady.ny.us/bikehike.php

is about an hour away from me......have no desire to try this but kind of cool you hail from around these parts....

http://co.schenectady.ny.us/bikehike.php

is about an hour away from me......have no desire to try this but kind of cool you hail from around these parts....
    Yes, I grew up in upstate New York. The trail where I ran began at Schenectady Community College and extended along the Mohawk River into Rotterdam.

I went to college in California and have only gone back to NY a few times since then. Upstate New York is not a bad area, but I much prefer living in Southern California. I prefer the weather, the job situtaion, and the community/atmosphere. The main things I do not like about Southern CA are the high housing prices and the traffic.
    Last edited by aka23; 06-17-2003 at 02:23 PM.

whereabouts upstate? Schenectady I guess?

I graduated high school in Syracuse.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

i did the same thing, i lived in newburgh, ny then moved to San Diego about 7 months ago.
    heavy metal music is destroying my brain

Originally posted by Tryska
    whereabouts upstate? Schenectady I guess?
    I graduated high school in Syracuse.
    I lived between Albany and Schenectady, a couple hours east of Syracuse.

Originally posted by johnny123
    i did the same thing, i lived in newburgh, ny then moved to San Diego about 7 months ago.
    I am familiar with the Newburgh area. It is about 1.5 hours South of where I grew up. I also live near San Diego. I recall you mentioning missing the taste of New York pizza in a thread last month. A San Diego paper recently voted "Bronx Pizza" the best pizza in San Diego. It is supposed to have a NY style.
    Last edited by aka23; 06-17-2003 at 06:03 PM.